Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jul 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #316 of 1,152
I have both the QC35 and Momentum Wireless 2.0 and can attest that my QC35 has slightly lower background hiss than the Sennheiser.  Both are miles ahead of the Beat Studio Wireless, which had hiss that was very distracting to me.
Can anyone compare the qc35 with the m2 wireless on sound quality?

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #317 of 1,152
Thanks for the reply, nice to know it's not just me. I agree that central London can be a struggle for something like this to work well, but I guess my point is/was that none of my much cheaper headphones are as bad as this. I can understand a £20 pair doing it but they are rock solid. Same goes for the Sounlink On ears and a very cheap set of in ears.
I really love these headphones and will stick with them, but Bose should be ashamed at how poor these can be compared to other makes.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #318 of 1,152
Are you streaming music when this happens, or playing a file?

I had this happen when outside with my QC35, but assumed it was due to streaming and a range issue. My soundsport also did it, but I was streaming the radio when outside.

Hi Guys.

Im a new owner of these headphones, and im over the moon about most of the features, and a quite shocked about one.
Basically im finding the BT range and sensitivity to be horrible. Worse than my Soundlink On ears, and even an old pair of Bluedio's (£20 off Amazon).

My walk to work involves 25mins through central London. Been doing this for a few years and for the past 8 months with my Soundlinks. On Monday i had my first walk with the QC35's and what a disaster. I have my iphone in my left jeans front pocket and almost every step caused stuttering and large periods of silence (i wanted ANC but not that much lol). Changing to my right front pocket almost cured this 100%. The only cut outs ive noticed is if i trun my head qucikly.
Im also finding the range in my flat to be lower than my other headphones but thats not really a problem.

I was ready to take them back but it seems there isnt anything comparable on the market, so i have to decide to live with this or give up for now.

So i guess my question is is this normal, are others finding this? Ive not had any other BT issues as long as im in the same room/line of sight etc, but as i got these for my walk to work its rather disappointing that these are so sensitive. Im on FW version 1.0.6.

One other question. Does anyone know if the returns period is for shop brought as well as on line? I got them from the Regent street shop so i would return them there. Im off on holiday on Sat and cant get there before then. Was thinking if i really find the above to be a big issue then i would try for an exchange when i get back, for peace of mind at least.

Thanks for any comments. i thought i was being a bit fussy but when a £20 pair is more stable then i have to question things.

Dave.

Oh, one other minor thing. All my other BT headphones (inc the Soundlinks) speak the name of my Living room PC when connected (Livingroom), the QC35's spell the word out. Hopefully a FW update will fix this although i wont hold my breath.

Still love these though.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #319 of 1,152
Playing files off my iphone only.

Ive now gone a couple of days without any issues as long as the phone is in the right hand pocket. When i try it in the left i get a lot of stuttering again.
I guess i just need to live with the phone in the other pocket when im out and about.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #320 of 1,152
Sounds like the antenna is on that side then.

My old jaybirds use to do that - water absorbs Bluetooth signals, and the body is composed primarily of water.

Interesting that your other pairs didn't do that.

Playing files off my iphone only.

Ive now gone a couple of days without any issues as long as the phone is in the right hand pocket. When i try it in the left i get a lot of stuttering again.
I guess i just need to live with the phone in the other pocket when im out and about.

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #322 of 1,152
Sounds like the antenna is on that side then.

My old jaybirds use to do that - water absorbs Bluetooth signals, and the body is composed primarily of water.

Interesting that your other pairs didn't do that.

Interesting about the water thing. I didn't know that. It really shouldn't be an issue at this close range though, and yes, my other headphones have no issues whatsoever.

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #323 of 1,152
>>You can't hear people with them on. At all. Not a big deal, just be aware or you might miss meal service or something.

Looks like there are 2 different types of qc35
With mine qc35, i can hesre voices clear and loud - same as qc25 and qc15 - i had all three and still have qc25 and qc35

Do you have a special qc35 edition which can eleminate human voices?

I did a quick test with my wife, and using BT I can actually hear my wife talking.  So it could be either because the background noise level is so high on an airplane, or because I was using a cable that on a plane I don't notice a thing until people wave in front of me...

My experience after the last 6 flights is the QC35 does not block voices as well as the QC15. 

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #324 of 1,152
I like how I can hear voices when my QC35's are on, I wouldn't say they are loud and clear, more like just audible, but I can have a conversation with someone while wearing them if I had to. Not that I would as I end up shouting.
Of course this is without any music playing, once that starts I'm in a world of my own.
I'd say cutting out the lower end and not so much the higher end is a good system. Not sure I want total silence.

I rushed and got mine as I fly out on holiday today. Can't wait to have a very quite 4 hour flight. Also used them on the Tube this morning and was very impressed. Not dead silent, but much, much better than anything I've used before. It's nice not to have to turn the music up loud.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #326 of 1,152
Got these this morning and love them. But since updating to the newest firmware (1.06?), the volume is significantly lower.

Anyone else suffering from this?

I haven't noticed anything, but I probably used mine for less than 15mins before I upgraded to 1.0.6. So don't really have anything to compare with.
I do find them much louder than my Soundlinks so I'm happy about that.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #327 of 1,152
Got these this morning and love them. But since updating to the newest firmware (1.06?), the volume is significantly lower.

Anyone else suffering from this?

I haven't detected any difference going from version 1.05 to 1.06.  More than enough volume.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #329 of 1,152
Yup, I'm on iOS 10 too, same problem but seems like it's random. Sometimes disconnecting n reconnecting seems to fix it. Otherwise I couldn't notice any other consistent way to fix the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #330 of 1,152
I am experiencing very good range with no drop outs. I would contact Bose.

Weighing in on a couple of apparently variable issues:

I can hear voices near me. High (female, mostly) voices are damped less than low (male, mostly) voices. In all cases, though, voices are significantly reduced and sound much further away.

My noise floor is extremely low for Bluetooth headphones. It's night and day lower than the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless I auditioned and noticeably lower than my MDR-10RBTs. It's somewhat lower than my MDR-1ABTs and Plantronics BB Pros. I'm not claiming there's no hiss, but it's not noticeable to me at all whereas I do generally notice hiss.

Don't forget that if you bought from Bose directly, they have a satisfaction guarantee no-questions for 30 days. I believe they'll also do courtesy exchanges (but not refunds) from day 31 to 90, so if you rolled the dice and got hissy headphones you might be able to simply swap them at the store. I did this for minor creaking and a dislike for the silver color, and walked away with a creak-free black set that's much better for me.

One other note,

I'm on 1.05, at least until I check the app, and I only get a little chatter at first regarding not finding my paired devices when I turn the headphones on with their bluetooth off. It'll repeat that it's searching twice per paired device, then say "mobile device not found" and stop. My norm at the office is to sit with no music and just damp noise, so I can verify that they work well in that context (though I am paired more often than not). It's possible the chatter issue mentioned earlier that required a dummy plug is an early firmware issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back