Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jun 16, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #91 of 1,152
  In the end I got the Sony MDR-100ABN. The Bose are 379€ here and Sony 299€. For some reason in the U.S both are 349$. But the Sony has tighter bass and sounds a bit crisper, not sure if this is because of aptX or if there is really a notable difference between it and SBC High.

there are some reviews out saying the ANC is not that great, but I think it is solid, the only downside being that when not playing music you can hear a very faint hiss.

If you have an iPhone like I do than Apt X isn't even an option and for some reason I just don't like any of the Sony headphones ( IEM's is a different story). The ANC I have found to be non existent on any product not named Bose.

For any average consumer the Bose QC35 are an awesome pair of headphones. A lot of people criticize Bose since they expect audiophile like sound from them but they seriously don't do that.

For the average consumer the audiophile sound (flat response) may sound boring.

Waiting for them to launch in India so that I can get my hands on them.

I would bet most people would be perfectly fine with just a bass boost.... With hip -hop and pop I like the bass boost and these do a really good job compared to their other products where I didn't like it at all.

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #92 of 1,152
  Had a chance today to stop by the Bose store and give the QC35s a go. Connected to my iPhone 6 running Apple Music. Found them to sound better than the SoundLink over-ear from last year and just a bit better than the QC25s. However the noise cancellation was not so good. There was noise in the store that I could hear with music playing. Really! I asked the sales guy that maybe the demo headphones were broke. He said no. I will defer until the wireless in-ear noise cancellation headphones are released in September.

I have been using these since May 31st on my commute to school which involves 2  or 3 trains and a bus and I don't hear squat with the exception of some high pitch frequencies and even then the music drowns that out anyways.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #93 of 1,152

If you have an iPhone like I do than Apt X isn't even an option and for some reason I just don't like any of the Sony headphones ( IEM's is a different story). The ANC I have found to be non existent on any product not named Bose.

I would bet most people would be perfectly fine with just a bass boost.... With hip -hop and pop I like the bass boost and these do a really good job compared to their other products where I didn't like it at all.

Parrot Zik and Parrot Zik 2.0 both offer very noticeable ANC.  My Sony MDR-ZX770BN, on the other hand, have barely noticeable ANC, so I kind of agree with you.

But Parrot Zik definitely has substantial ANC that is immediately noticeable and quite good, second only to Bose, I'd say, and definitely far better than the Sony I have.

The app on the Zik also gives you fine control over level of ANC, so it makes the differences even more obvious as you modify the level.

Jun 17, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #95 of 1,152
Personally, I don't like wireless and/or ANC headphones with a battery that cannot be replaced by the user, such as the QC35. Such products have an expiry day because the battery will certainly stop charging after a few years and in time its charging ability will deteriorate. Such a pricy set of headphones should have a user replaceable battery (like e.g. the B&O H8). 

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #96 of 1,152
while I agree with the statement, sadly it is a common practice these days.
There are hardly any smartphones left with user replaceable batteries.

Smartphones you have to charge almost every day whereas a headphone may be charged once a week depending on how much you use it. So I think the batteries in headphones shouldn't die as fast.
Still a questionable development.

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #97 of 1,152
  while I agree with the statement, sadly it is a common practice these days.
There are hardly any smartphones left with user replaceable batteries.

Smartphones you have to charge almost every day whereas a headphone may be charged once a week depending on how much you use it. So I think the batteries in headphones shouldn't die as fast.
Still a questionable development.

What Bose should be doing is a 5-year warranty on the battery. They can in fact replace it when sent to the factory.

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #98 of 1,152
@WilCox - Another question, how's the comfort of QC35 on the top of your head? Does it hurt after a couple of hours? Compared to your Momentum 2.0 AEBT, which one is the most comfortable on the head? I think I've heard in the other thread that the AEBT is not that comfortable (especially on the top of the head) after a couple of hours.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #99 of 1,152
  Sub-bass in these are slightly stronger than QC25 (which is good). Treble sounds very good compared to QC25 - it's like an image coming into focus.More precise and cleaner.

I agree with this. The bass is really very good and the treble gives it a very believable soundstage. In both areas, the treble and bass are, as you say, slightly better than the QC25 - but the sum of these enhancements adds up to a very listenable experience. 

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #100 of 1,152
@WilCox - Another question, how's the comfort of QC35 on the top of your head? Does it hurt after a couple of hours? Compared to your Momentum 2.0 AEBT, which one is the most comfortable on the head? I think I've heard in the other thread that the AEBT is not that comfortable (especially on the top of the head) after a couple of hours.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No problem with top of head comfort. QC35 is more comfortable and feels lighter on the head than the Momentum Wireless 2.0.

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #101 of 1,152
Which wired headphones, in terms of sound quality, are the QC35's most comparable to?

ANC would be a nice bonus but not a must.

I am looking for a pair of good sound quality (M50x or better), good wireless connection, good battery, and good build quality and comfort. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #104 of 1,152
No problem with top of head comfort. QC35 is more comfortable and feels lighter on the head than the Momentum Wireless 2.0.

I concur. I gave them both a try yesterday and they were much comfortable than the Momentum 2.0. Momentum feels like the cup is covering 3/4s of the ears. 

Speaking of sound quality, I personally think the QC35 is leaps and bounds ahead of the QC25. It sounds very clear and I would definitely go for the QC35 over the Sennheisers any day (and with the excellent noise cancelling feature, it becomes a no brainer).

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #105 of 1,152
I already got my QC35 on June 17 and i am very pleased with it. The details are a bit enhanced, compared to QC25, and the whole sound is less so "Bose" as it seems. I could actually enjoy hi-quality music with QC35 ! When already paired with iPhone, it starts within one second, truly amazing. The only rub is that i can't hook it up via Bluetooth with my Sony X9300D television. I don't know whether Sony allows only limited (or its own) Bluetooth gadgets to be connected with the TV or it's a Bose bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back