Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jun 14, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #77 of 1,152
For any average consumer the Bose QC35 are an awesome pair of headphones. A lot of people criticize Bose since they expect audiophile like sound from them but they seriously don't do that.

For the average consumer the audiophile sound (flat response) may sound boring.

Waiting for them to launch in India so that I can get my hands on them.

Jun 14, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #78 of 1,152
I'm very surprised...the Q35's you were listening to either had a dead battery or something wrong with them...the NC is great on these...

And btw...took a trip to Disney with the kids for a long weekend and used the Q35's on the trip there and back...had them on almost the whole trip both ways (2.5 hrs in plane each way) and there was absolutely no fatigue, and they felt almost as comfortable as having nothing on...

The more I use them the more I like them....

Yeah you would think something was a-miss there. I've been in that store before listening to the QC25s and it just about eliminated the background noise. They usually have music playing from their BT speaker display but yesterday I heard it all.

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #79 of 1,152
In the end I got the Sony MDR-100ABN. The Bose are 379€ here and Sony 299€. For some reason in the U.S both are 349$. But the Sony has tighter bass and sounds a bit crisper, not sure if this is because of aptX or if there is really a notable difference between it and SBC High.

there are some reviews out saying the ANC is not that great, but I think it is solid, the only downside being that when not playing music you can hear a very faint hiss.

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #80 of 1,152
  In the end I got the Sony MDR-100ABN. The Bose are 379€ here and Sony 299€. For some reason in the U.S both are 349$. But the Sony has tighter bass and sounds a bit crisper, not sure if this is because of aptX or if there is really a notable difference between it and SBC High.

there are some reviews out saying the ANC is not that great, but I think it is solid, the only downside being that when not playing music you can hear a very faint hiss.

I still have my Beats studio wireless and although there's no noticeable hiss, its not as good on noise cancellation as the Bose. I'll have to give the Sony's a listen to and see how they sound.

Jun 14, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #81 of 1,152

The hiss was very audible on the Beats Studio Wireless I purchased, especially on quiet passages of classical and jazz tracks. Not a problem with heavily compressed rock. I returned them and went for the Momentums followed by the QC35.

Jun 15, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #83 of 1,152

How do the Bose compare to the Momentums? 

My quick take is that the Sennheiser is the more accurate of the two if you're looking for a headphone that is true to the source material.  Both have boosted bass (not as much as the Beats wireless), but the bass on the QC35 very slightly muddies the lower midrange.  Not so with the Sennheiser.  The Sennheiser also has a more extended, but smooth, treble response.  The QC35 seems somewhat rolled-off at first listen, but my ears quickly adjust to the laid-back sound signature and it works out just fine.  I could live with either one, but will probably keep both.  Note: I've had no Bluetooth problems with either.

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #85 of 1,152
  I have a question about the QC35: can one use them in wired mode and noise cancellation switched on just like the QC25 or is NC available only in wireless mode?

I believe the NC is always on wired or wireless as long as the battery is charged. If battery runs out you can still listed wired but without NC and sound quality.

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #86 of 1,152
You cannot turn of NC in BT-Mode - that sucks
I informed Bose therefore already

Meanwhile after some testing - QC35 does NOT cancel any voice.
I thought, there is a better NC than QC25, but the NC is not any better

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #87 of 1,152
You cannot turn of NC in BT-Mode - that sucks
I informed Bose therefore already

Meanwhile after some testing - QC35 does NOT cancel any voice.
I thought, there is a better NC than QC25, but the NC is not any better

How does it do with Wind noises? I have sony 100ABN and the wind noise when walking or on the tube is a problem.

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #88 of 1,152
  The midrange (and the treble, really) is ever so slightly laid back. The best comparison I can make is the sound signature is close to the V-moda M-100 or maybe the Logitech UE-6000. I find the midrange of the QC35 to be slightly better than the B&W P5 (first gen). The slide guitar on "Love Spreads" was very prominent -in your face, actually - and, with some cans, it isn't. 

My prejudice is showing here, but I can't understand how anyone would hear this and spout "No Highs, No Lows - it must be Bose." That doesn't fit at all. 

​I have limited exposure to the UE 6000 but from my experience with the M-100 I find it more similar to that which is a good thing IMHO. This is perhaps the first Bose product I actually enjoy for sound quality vs comfort. the IE2 are great because they are comfortable not because of SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back