Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jun 18, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #106 of 1,152

I concur. I gave them both a try yesterday and they were much comfortable than the Momentum 2.0. Momentum feels like the cup is covering 3/4s of the ears. 

Speaking of sound quality, I personally think the QC35 is leaps and bounds ahead of the QC25. It sounds very clear and I would definitely go for the QC35 over the Sennheisers any day (and with the excellent noise cancelling feature, it becomes a no brainer).

That's what I thought as well. The treble doesn't even sound artificial anymore (compared to QC25). The treble on the QC35 sounds brighter and the detail I hear is seriously comparable to the Sennheiser Momentums. Andd...it's also wireless as well, with the fantastic NC. I mean, come on, this is probably the best headphone Bose has ever put out. Even I'm surprised at how good the QC35 is.

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #107 of 1,152
I think, the qc35 is not any step up to a better NC.
There is no difference compared to QC25
Sometimes, the QC25 has even better NC

I have botth, QC25 and QC35
Hearing at lowlevel the bass is to much and to less high tones - i think they have to make a firmware update for the DSP.

I estimated better new bose hedphone.

I you do not need bluetooth, qc25 is the better choice.

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #110 of 1,152
Picked them up yesterday.  Also own the QC25s.

I am loving them so far but last night on a 2 mile walk with my iPhone 6s Plus, I got many dropouts when I put the phone in my pocket.

How do you get the firmware?  I am launching the app on my phone and nothing.

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #111 of 1,152
Zimmy68.
Just updated mine via Windows 7 no problem at all. I swear they sound better though. Please don't ask for a more in-depth audiophile reply but they do sound better to me.
Range has been a bit hissy-missy for me though i was hoping to walk through full 3 bed house whilst connected to Samsung S5 but i am experiencing some drop outs, via PC only about 10 ft line of site range but i think thats due to my bluetooth adaptor. I also got myself a Avantree Saturn Pro to connect to my AV receiver which so far sounds good.
Anybody know of a must emphasize this CHEAP PC Bluetooth transmitter dongle for my PC my asus one cannot cope.

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #113 of 1,152
  FYI - There is new firmware out for the QC35 and SoundSport Wireless. I have no idea what issues are addressed. 

Mine updated about a week ago through the Bose connect app on my iPhone to firmware.  The update happened automatically when I started the app.  I haven't seen them update since then, but I suppose they could have. Right now they are on firmware version 1.05.  Do you have something newer?

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #115 of 1,152
Thank you for firmware info
My qc35 app on ios did not install
On my mac it is only updating via usb-cable

https://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/product_selection/page.html

Also missing a changelog - every serious company has a firmware-changelog

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #117 of 1,152
Thanks.  I tried that earlier and got a page not found error.
It is now working and I am updating as I type.
Hopefully a fix for my dropouts.  The only thing that worries me about these cans.

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #119 of 1,152

FYI - There is new firmware out for the QC35 and SoundSport Wireless. I have no idea what issues are addressed. 

Mine updated about a week ago through the Bose connect app on my iPhone to firmware.  The update happened automatically when I started the app.  I haven't seen them update since then, but I suppose they could have. Right now they are on firmware version 1.05.  Do you have something newer?

My Bose QC35 which i received today also did an auto update whilst using my iPhone 6 plus, but not the first time.

What i did: I connected initially after unboxing and installed the App. I then after a few minutes disconnected from my iphone and told the iphone to forget the device. I then connected again which started an auto update that took about 2 minutes, you could see it doing the update via the Bose App.
Now am on firmware 1.0.5 as shown in the Bose App: settings - product details.

I like the simle pure sound from these Headphones and ofcourse not expecting anything like my Senn HD650, but for portable wireless with ANC they are the best on the market regardless of price. Also they work fantastically with Apple TV latest generation that has amazing audio dynamic range and awesome Bluetooth Audio.

My only one issue is phone calls where I struggle to hear myself, does anyone else have this problem please? I hope there is not an issue with the mic. I can hear the other caller very well and they hear me fine, but my own voice is so faint. I worry that i maybe shouting.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #120 of 1,152
I think the Parrot Zik 2.0 are the only headphones that have close to the level of active noise cancellation of the last generation of QC25. Everyone else is at first generations of Bose headphones like the QC1. 

My coworker has the QC25 and compared to the QC35, Bose made some significant upgrades. The mics are much bigger and general build quality is far superior. It just feels like a more precise higher quality piece of gear from handling it. In terms of sound, after break in I have no complaints. They sound better to me than my Audio Technica M40x and M50x. Its a bit boomy without being Beats and the midrange is as good as the M40x. The high end is a little bit narrow compared to say an Etymotic earphone but at least it's not shrill. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back