Bose QC1's or Bose Triport IE's?
Nov 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #31 of 49
Much as i love my Triport OE's and i loved the AE's, i don't have anytime for the QC's or the IE's.

try the Sennheiser HD25-1's or the Triport OE's over the QC1, and try a pair of Ultimate ears over the IE's.

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #32 of 49
Just to make things more intense
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #34 of 49
well as they are both totally different form factors pick the one u prefer if you plan to use them (the QC1 not much good if u thinking of using them while out walking about)

if you dont plan to use them then just the more expensive of the 2 and then sell it

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbarry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, I think you guys misunderstood...I meant that if both were free, which one would you rather have? Because I can choose either one to have.

If you planning to sell them take the QC1 cos they cost more. I would chose in ears cos i find them better sounding than QC1 , they're smaller and i can't never have too much iems. You know what, if i find some ridiculously good deal like I've found on triports AE (around 50$) I'll order them again just for the cool case
tongue_smile.gif
. So again, my vote is for In Ears.

EDIT: i recommend trying before taking (if possible) since they have rather strange tips that i found comfortable but most of the guys and gals complained about fit and all.

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #36 of 49
How hard can it be to choose?
wink.gif

580 view, 35 replies, but just 3 votes...

Dec 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #37 of 49
Koss KSC75
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbarry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, I think you guys misunderstood...I meant that if both were free, which one would you rather have? Because I can choose either one to have.

if they're free, I'd go with the QC. I'm assuming either way this will be an upgrade for you. As much as most everyone here hates bose, I doubt any of them would chastise you for taking a free upgrade. And at some later point if you decide to further upgrade, the QC will be worth more to sell.

Unless you plan to use them only with an ipod on daily commute. The the IE would be more convenient and thus a better value for you

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #39 of 49
i know only 2 IE's.

1. Internet Explorer
2. Sennheiser IE series IEMs (IE6, IE7 and IE8)

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #40 of 49
I do have to give Bose some credit. They got me here. I tried a pair that were being displayed at my local Target and I thought they were GREAT !!!! So incredibly better than my cheap Sony's. So I came home and started looking on Headphone Review which ultimately got me hear only to find that the Bose stuff while maybe not crap is definitely overpriced, overrated, and not nearly as good as less expensive options. So for that, thanks Bose. And thanks to Head-Fi for showing me the errors of my ways and saving me from spending $130 on inferior cans.

Dec 11, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #41 of 49
My dad bought a pair of the Bose QC1 for what ever reason and I tried them on when he got them. I couldn't stand them, felt like my head was going to implode, only thing I heard was my pulse , which was quite unnerving. Even with music on, my own pulse added it's own bass to the music.

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #42 of 49
When it comes to Flying Bose works very well. Great noise canceling and light, very comfortable. Sound, Certainly not the best, but on a plane, decent enough. They aren't what I want to listen to at home, but I wouldn't travel without them.

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #44 of 49
Lol, I saw this post after I was just bashing Bose in front of my roommate who has some QC's. He got really angry cause he likes how they sound (*eyeroll*). But they really are unimpressive and the noise-cancelling isn't any better than IEM's and probably not better than any decent closed cans. They're not uncomfortable but I love the velour of DT 880s. You should take the QC's sell them and get something better. Although just like Nov. 4, I'm not voting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back