Bose QC 15 vs Denon AH-D2000
Apr 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KingAMJ

New Head-Fier
I am relatively to new to the world of headphones, and I currently have the Bose IE 2. I was thinking about getting a pair of full-size headphones; either the Bose QC 15 or the Denon AH-D2000. I would use these headphones at home or for the next 4 years of my life in a boarding school dorm (Milton Academy if anyone is curious). I usually listen to either hip-hop/pop/rap or classical music; depending on the mood I'm in. From what I have heard, the audio quality is noticeably better in the Denons, but the QC 15 has unsurpassed noise cancellation and in my opinion a more attractive and less bulky design. I do really like better audio quality, but I may need the noise cancellation to help with studying and I usually go on a plane around 2 times a year. I haven't tried both in person yet, so if anyone has experience with both, I would love to hear your advice. Right now I am still undecided, but leaning towards the Bose. I am also willing to take any suggestions for any other great headphones in this price range. (300-400 dollars)

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Bose seem like a clear winner in your case. I think the question you should be asking yourself is which factor comes first: sound quality or noise cancellation? I would look into studio monitor designs since they have decent sound isolation and less bulky than Denon D2000. Ultrasone would be a good option.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 3
DT 770

Excellent comfort, excellent Isolation. Really shine with bass heavy genres like Hip Hop and modern Pop.

Well within your price range at about $250 USD

EDIT: They're a little bit smaller than the D2000, but still a tad on the big side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back