Bose AE 2 vs. ATH-M50
Feb 6, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #16 of 17
It really just depends. I bought the M50's because everyone was saying how amazing the bass was and how powerful it is. I got them, I wasn't impressed. I even hooked them up to an amp with bass boost, there was a little bit more bass but still not that much in my opinion. I'm not even a basshead, just an avid listener of hip-hop/techno etc.95% of the people who get these headphones love them and say the bass is good (if not too much). I just sold mine though, and I'm looking for something a little more bass heavy. The thing I'm trying to say is that everyone has different opinions about all this, the best thing to do is try them out if possible.

Quote:

Quote:
i've owned the bose AE2, and honestly was pretty disappointed with the bass. the headphones are very balanced, no range (highs/mids/lows) is really emphasized over any other. I listen to a lot of hip hop/rap/r&b, so i was looking for headphones with good bass, but these are not the answer. the mids and highs are great, very clear. However, after reading hundreds of reviews, i actually just purchased a pair of M50's a couple hours ago. hopefully they wont disappoint. according to a lot of people, they sound even clearer than bose and have excellent bass. Thats what i'm hoping for!

So how was M50?? Bass satisfying??

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #17 of 17
Active noise cancelling on any headphones I've heard (including the AE-2) REALLY hurts my ears and causes them to fatigue quickly. Maybe I'm crazy, but I find that passive is simply better because it doesn't hurt, doesn't hiss and doesn't cost a mint.

M-50 FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back