Bose AE 2 vs. ATH-M50
Jan 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 17
If I remember correctly, the M50's had more bass, more controlled as well.  But that's from memory, as I haven't heard the Bose in a few months and I just heard the M50's a few days ago.

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 17
i've owned the bose AE2, and honestly was pretty disappointed with the bass. the headphones are very balanced, no range (highs/mids/lows) is really emphasized over any other. I listen to a lot of hip hop/rap/r&b, so i was looking for headphones with good bass, but these are not the answer. the mids and highs are great, very clear. However, after reading hundreds of reviews, i actually just purchased a pair of M50's a couple hours ago. hopefully they wont disappoint. according to a lot of people, they sound even clearer than bose and have excellent bass. Thats what i'm hoping for!

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
i've owned the bose AE2, and honestly was pretty disappointed with the bass. the headphones are very balanced, no range (highs/mids/lows) is really emphasized over any other. I listen to a lot of hip hop/rap/r&b, so i was looking for headphones with good bass, but these are not the answer. the mids and highs are great, very clear. However, after reading hundreds of reviews, i actually just purchased a pair of M50's a couple hours ago. hopefully they wont disappoint. according to a lot of people, they sound even clearer than bose and have excellent bass. Thats what i'm hoping for!

So how was M50?? Bass satisfying??

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #11 of 17
The AE's are definitely more portable and much more comfortable, but in regards to sound quality the M50 outclasses it in every way possible.  I actually wouldn't mind having a pair of triports in the winter to keep my ears warm, but I'd be afraid to get attacked by an angry Head-fi'er.  

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
The AE's are definitely more portable and much more comfortable, but in regards to sound quality the M50 outclasses it in every way possible.  I actually wouldn't mind having a pair of triports in the winter to keep my ears warm, but I'd be afraid to get attacked by an angry Head-fi'er.  

my HFI-580's do the trick hahaha.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #14 of 17
Look into the Denon AH-D1100s as well. Really satisfying for movies and shows! 

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 17
I would definitely go with the AM50s. The AM50s would have a lot better bass and clarity, and after 25hours of burn in they would sound fantastic. I used to own a pair of Bose QC15 and they weren't very good. anything like Bose or Monster is overrated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back