Boost your PCs audio performance.
Aug 3, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #46 of 188
ps i particularly enjoyed the comment about 'only Some' people having to reinstall windows after this app. bulletproof logic right there. let's think, what's the worst thing that can happen if you use it :D? great risk assessment there or attitude to risk, fella. (guess reinstalling windows every few weeks is acceptable to some people)

the particular gentle-headfier seems to be in a habit of dragging all endowment enhancing apps to his pc :D (foobar 'hd', fidelizer 2.0, this one). despite there being potential issues with this app and pretty clear issues with fidelizer 2 :D (I'm also not a fan of several non audio related 'feature' issues for fidelizer, but I've already talked about it in the topic)

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #47 of 188
Still using Game Booster in combination with Fidelizer 2.0, on a daily basis on two different machines, still not having a problem with them. (Foobar HD isn't an "enhancement" program, despite your contention.) YMMV -- which is the only point I've been making here. If you're afraid of using those programs because "some" people have reported problems with them (others besides myself have reported being unable to replicate those problems), then don't use them. But if avoiding all possible risk is your only goal, it's hard to imagine how you're able to cross the street.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #48 of 188
Quote:
Try with Intel Burn Test or LinX instead (if you have a more recent CPU) it will be far harder on your hardware (and temps will go much higher too). 
very_evil_smiley.gif

So true. I had my CPU clocked to 4GHz and passed hour-long Prime95 tests within acceptable temperatures. Then I tried the Intel Burn Test because I didn't want to have to wait any longer for Prime95.

Let's just say I don't go past 3.8GHz anymore, my cables are better managed, and my heatsink has been reseated 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Still using Game Booster in combination with Fidelizer 2.0, on a daily basis on two different machines, still not having a problem with them. (Foobar HD isn't an "enhancement" program, despite your contention.) YMMV -- which is the only point I've been making here. If you're afraid of using those programs because "some" people have reported problems with them (others besides myself have reported being unable to replicate those problems), then don't use them. But if avoiding all possible risk is your only goal, it's hard to imagine how you're able to cross the street.

Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean the application is safe or recommended.

I don't get viruses for some reason. Plain and simple. I've gotten maybe three in all the years I've used Windows. My parents' computer regularly has 20 or more trojans, and we scan it every month. I'm not joking. We found 70 last month. So just because I don't have a problem with viruses doesn't mean I'd recommend not using anti-virus. And just because those 70 trojans didn't do anything noticeable to my parents' computer doesn't mean I'd recommend installing them on purpose.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #49 of 188
Why would you use Gamebooster? Is your rig really that terrible.. (no offence)
I'm on a laptop with a mobile processor, mobile graphics card and everything,
yet I don't need to run a ram hungry program to shut down unnecessary processes
for me.

Lol. 

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #50 of 188

Quote:
ps i particularly enjoyed the comment about 'only Some' people having to reinstall windows after this app. bulletproof logic right there. let's think, what's the worst thing that can happen if you use it
biggrin.gif
? great risk assessment there or attitude to risk, fella. (guess reinstalling windows every few weeks is acceptable to some people)

the particular gentle-headfier seems to be in a habit of dragging all endowment enhancing apps to his pc
biggrin.gif
(foobar 'hd', fidelizer 2.0, this one). despite there being potential issues with this app and pretty clear issues with fidelizer 2
biggrin.gif
(I'm also not a fan of several non audio related 'feature' issues for fidelizer, but I've already talked about it in the topic)

It's beyond ridiculous and laughable beyond measure, but some people don't work professionally with computers or don't care enough about system stability. It's definitely good to know that an app "may" not kill a system
tongue.gif
Leave those people that are unwilling to learn to dwell on their own systems. Rock solid systems are not for them, which is their own fault alone.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #51 of 188
Let's see -- the program doesn't cause any problems for me, other people report that it doesn't cause any problems for them, but I shouldn't use it because it's not "safe" or "recommended." Come on -- you don't know anything about the machines on which the program did cause problems; they might have been poorly maintained, lousy with viruses, funky gear, etc., etc. If somebody gets hit by a truck because he doesn't look both ways before crossing the street, that doesn't mean it's not sufficiently "safe" or "recommended" for me or you or anybody else to attempt crossing the street.

As for the quality of my machines -- they're fine and adequately powered for what I use them for. I don't need to use Game Booster to shut down unnecessary processes (haven't noticed it being a RAM hog, either). If at the moment I'm using GB in combination with Fidelizer 2.0, it's because I'm investigating the effect that some others have reported, that shutting down unnecessary processes has an appreciable effect on audio quality. As to whether that's true or not, the jury's still out. But simply as a factual matter, using Game Booster, either by itself or in combination with other programs, hasn't caused either of my machines to melt down into heaps of smoldering slag, as has been direly predicted by some people around here. YMMV -- if you're afraid of using programs such as these, don't use them.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #52 of 188

Quote:
Let's see -- the program doesn't cause any problems for me, other people report that it doesn't cause any problems for them, but I shouldn't use it because it's not "safe" or "recommended." Come on -- you don't know anything about the machines on which the program did cause problems; they might have been poorly maintained, lousy with viruses, funky gear, etc., etc. If somebody gets hit by a truck because he doesn't look both ways before crossing the street, that doesn't mean it's not sufficiently "safe" or "recommended" for me or you or anybody else to attempt crossing the street.

As for the quality of my machines -- they're fine and adequately powered for what I use them for. I don't need to use Game Booster to shut down unnecessary processes (haven't noticed it being a RAM hog, either). If at the moment I'm using GB in combination with Fidelizer 2.0, it's because I'm investigating the effect that some others have reported, that shutting down unnecessary processes has an appreciable effect on audio quality. As to whether that's true or not, the jury's still out. But simply as a factual matter, using Game Booster, either by itself or in combination with other programs, hasn't caused either of my machines to melt down into heaps of smoldering slag, as has been direly predicted by some people around here. YMMV -- if you're afraid of using programs such as these, don't use them.

Who are you to tell me if I know or now what was the state of the machines in question? I've seen by myself systems that had acceptable maintenance and got wrecked through that wonderful app you use. But getting back to the point that was already mentioned several times, an app that's known to damage systems doesn't crash, therefore it should be used, right?
rolleyes.gif
Oh, and since you seem to have a hard time reading what was wrote from the start, damaging systems doesn't state specifically hardware, does it?

"if you're afraid of using programs such as these, don't use them." Correction there, if you're unknowledgeable enough to have to resort to such apps, specially those that are faulty, then by all means, knock yourself out.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #53 of 188
Really, Roller -- somehow you "know" the condition of all those machines whose operators reported online about damage from using Game Booster? Somehow, I just find that unlikely.

Your hysterically emotional contributions to this discussion might not indicate anything about your computer's processes, but they certainly do about your mental processes.

And yes, I certainly will go on using whatever programs I choose to, since on a factual basis -- you know, that stuff that happens in the real world, instead of just in your head -- you are apparently completely wrong. Have a nice day.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #54 of 188

Quote:
Really, Roller -- somehow you "know" the condition of all those machines whose operators reported online about damage from using Game Booster? Somehow, I just find that unlikely.

Your hysterically emotional contributions to this discussion might not indicate anything about your computer's processes, but they certainly do about your mental processes.

And yes, I certainly will go on using whatever programs I choose to, since on a factual basis -- you know, that stuff that happens in the real world, instead of just in your head -- you are apparently completely wrong. Have a nice day.

Lol, so far the only hysterical or revolted person in this thread is you.

I've stated that several machines I've personally seen displayed that behavior, along with the online reports.

Real world? The only facts from the real world you've shown are poor business to your customers, and for that a normal person (read, non opportunistic) would be ashamed. I'm sure you will have a nice day, and so will I.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #55 of 188
You don't seem to be having a very good day so far, Roller, otherwise you wouldn't be so cranked up about this.

As for "customers" -- I don't have any customers I recommend or don't recommend using Game Booster to. This is a hobby thing for me. If other people want to amuse themselves by trying out some program with which I've had no problem, that's up to them. If other people don't want to bother, that's fine by me.

And if you want to cower in your basement fall-out shelter with your tinfoil hat on, because you're afraid dat ol' debbil Game Booster is jes' gonna gitcha -- hey, that's fine by me as well.

Please do make more of an effort to simmer down and have a nice day.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #56 of 188

Quote:
You don't seem to be having a very good day so far, Roller, otherwise you wouldn't be so cranked up about this.

As for "customers" -- I don't have any customers I recommend or don't recommend using Game Booster to. This is a hobby thing for me. If other people want to amuse themselves by trying out some program with which I've had no problem, that's up to them. If other people don't want to bother, that's fine by me.

And if you want to cower in your basement fall-out shelter with your tinfoil hat on, because you're afraid dat ol' debbil Game Booster is jes' gonna gitcha -- hey, that's fine by me as well.

Please do make more of an effort to simmer down and have a nice day.

Don't worry, it's pathetic things like what you write that make me feel pity for you and at the same time make me smile for that something beyond stubborness you have.

Curiously, you've been nothing but aggressive from the start on this thread, showing lack of respect, so mind your own business, and go learn how to use a computer, because you clearly don't know anything at all about it. LOL.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #57 of 188
Roller, I'll agree with you as soon as my PC stops working becuase of GameBooster, so far I have no problems and I'm willing to take the risk that you made me aware of. Thanks for the information but please drop this software discussion as it pushes the thread sideways.  My intent was not to promote GameBooster in any way but to share with what I thought was an easy way to bring regular computers a step closer to the level of true transports that can compete with considerably expensivier CD players.

Personally, the biggest difference with the GameBooster that I've noticed is under sudden and  moderate CPU loads (~40-50%). Despite realtime priority set for foobar I couldn't keep audio stream unbroken, at least for the first few secs there were clicks and stops, it would probably need a bigger buffer setting. With this app on there are no dropouts even under heavier loads, soundstage seems a little bit improved; although, I doubt I would pick it in a blind test vs system with no heavy load (below 10%CPU usage, like during net browsing). So there is no difference at casual listening, maybe some in critical listening mode.

I would be most gratefull for any comparisons between everyday entertainment/workstations with applications like Fidelizer or such on/off vs CD transports, so we could see if its worth the trouble.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #58 of 188

Quote:
Roller, I'll agree with you as soon as my PC stops working becuase of GameBooster, so far I have no problems and I'm willing to take the risk that you made me aware of. Thanks for the information but please drop this software discussion as it pushes the thread sideways.  My intent was not to promote GameBooster in any way but to share with what I thought was an easy way to bring regular computers a step closer to the level of true transports that can compete with considerably expensivier CD players.

Personally, the biggest difference with the GameBooster that I've noticed is under sudden and  moderate CPU loads (~40-50%). Despite realtime priority set for foobar I couldn't keep audio stream unbroken, at least for the first few secs there were clicks and stops, it would probably need a bigger buffer setting. With this app on there are no dropouts even under heavier loads, soundstage seems a little bit improved; although, I doubt I would pick it in a blind test vs system with no heavy load (below 10%CPU usage, like during net browsing). So there is no difference at casual listening, maybe some in critical listening mode.

I would be most gratefull for any comparisons between everyday entertainment/workstations with applications like Fidelizer or such on/off vs CD transports, so we could see if its worth the trouble.

Well, I am just giving a heads up to people who are conscious regarding system stability, for without it, nothing will work properly, be it music, games, movies, etc.

If your computer needed a bigger buffer setting to have stable playback, then that's what you should have set, rather than using that app. And I very much think that any sound differences are pure placebo, but I respect your decisions, and if you have the chance, do run a few blind tests :)

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #59 of 188
Oh, I see, Roller -- if anybody disagrees with you, then they're being "aggressive." Thanks for clearing that up. Actually, it's attitudes like that which have probably caused so few people in your life to "respect" you.

So it's no wonder that a sad little man like you never has a good day. But do try to have one, anyway.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #60 of 188

Quote:
Oh, I see, Roller -- if anybody disagrees with you, then they're being "aggressive." Thanks for clearing that up. Actually, it's attitudes like that which have probably caused so few people in your life to "respect" you.

So it's no wonder that a sad little man like you never has a good day. But do try to have one, anyway.

It's interesting, as pity is something that shouldn't be felt towards anybody or anything, but you certainly deserve mine.

Go wreck your "clients" computers further with your hobbies, I'm sure they'll be delighted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back