Blur Earbuds Lovers
Oct 15, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #1,066 of 1,529
Yet another example of Wong's exemplary service:

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I sent my MX400 in for diagnosis and repair due to 1. Channel Imbalance, 2. Rattle at 35HZ in the right earpiece. Well, the channel imbalance was embarrassingly due to my foams and when measured, the drivers were perfectly matched. Initially, Wong was unable to reproduce the rattle I experienced, much to my confusion. I was starting to question my own hearing, but Wong decided to put it through my rigorous testing the next day. Finally, he was able to reproduce the rattle at 35HZ at a certain volume, which continued to persist afterwards. As a solution, he COMPLETELY replaced both drivers and even went the extra mile of retuning them to add a boost to sub and mid bass frequencies (which you might recall was the only real shortcoming of the MX400 in my eyes).

I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but it bears repeating: Wong provides some of the best (if not the best) customer service. It's not just the product that keeps me a loyal fan, it's the entire experience.

Now I've got a Wraith 2.5mm and a renewed, retuned MX400 on my way, so excited!

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #1,067 of 1,529

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I sent my MX400 in for diagnosis and repair due to 1. Channel Imbalance, 2. Rattle at 35HZ in the right earpiece. Well, the channel imbalance was embarrassingly due to my foams and when measured, the drivers were perfectly matched. Initially, Wong was unable to reproduce the rattle I experienced, much to my confusion. I was starting to question my own hearing, but Wong decided to put it through my rigorous testing the next day. Finally, he was able to reproduce the rattle at 35HZ at a certain volume, which continued to persist afterwards. As a solution, he COMPLETELY replaced both drivers and even went the extra mile of retuning them to add a boost to sub and mid bass frequencies (which you might recall was the only real shortcoming of the MX400 in my eyes).

I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but it bears repeating: Wong provides some of the best (if not the best) customer service. It's not just the product that keeps me a loyal fan, it's the entire experience.

Wow nice! Its as if you're getting a whole new bud. Seems like great service from Wong, wish I had received the same. Looking forward to impressions

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #1,068 of 1,529
Sorry guys but did I miss anything? Why is @WoodyLuvr suddenly leaving? What happened? I cannot imagine this thread or the other earbuds thread without him. He is instrumental in all these amazing things about the Blur and earbuds in general. It would never be the same here again. @WoodyLuvr , wherever you are and will be, thank you very much for all your advices and the useful information you have shared to everyone. Really sad to see you go...
I unintentionally broke the rules... unknowingly crossing a line in regards to the Members of the Trade rules which upset many people. Nonetheless, I was completely in-the-wrong and therefore was rightly reprimanded for it but now I am back in full force to discuss all things flatheads again! Apologies to any/all of those that I offended as again it was never my intent to. Respects to all. -Woody

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #1,069 of 1,529
To keep on the topic of Blurs, I want to share my initial experience of having mine since May. Going for the Blur 173 m150, I was very skeptical of how these buds were. I was suggested to go for them by a friend of mine who absolutely loves these earbuds, and I was actually a bit new in earbuds at this time. So to figure out what these are like, I contacted wong and bought a pair.

There are many things I really enjoy about these, some I dont, but for the most part, these are some of my favourite earbuds in my collection. The sound is something I havent heard other buds like. Darker sounding than others but its an enjoyable kind of dark, the cable is incredible and is by far the best one I have held, and the detail in these is very impressive. At times I'll just stop listening to my main equipment and come back to my Blurs, its a wonderful sound. Very lovely pair.
blurs.png
I'm curious too. What don't you like about your blur?
Unfortunately, like any other transducer medium (IEMs, Open-Backs, speakers, etc.) Blur earbuds have both their strengths and their weaknesses (pros & cons) and earbuds in particular do have a few Achilles heels especially with certain music genres in particular. Thankfully, once understood, accepted, and with properly aligned expectations earbuds 'pros' do tend to outweigh their 'cons' but again a Blur like any other transducer is not a 'jack-of-all-trades'... thankfully so! That way we have the perfect excuse to own more than one earbud and headphone type! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #1,070 of 1,529
How did Woody know the tunings of those? I thought he only had 3 earbuds.
@emusic13 Yes, I currently own three Blurs now (soon to be four once it arrives in the mail any day now 🥳🥳) along with my Ks Bell-Ti 120Ω for a grand total of five earbuds in my stable but I have owned many others which have since been traded or sold off. I first started listening to earbuds when they first debuted in 1981/1982. My first experience with Blur earbuds was back in 2018 at a mobile audiophile meet-up in Bangkok where I had the opportunity to listen to a number of different high quality earbuds. The earbuds that particularly s impressed me were a few high impedance models in the PureSounds 醇声 PS100 Series and a number of 300Ω models from Blur's First Generation Series which if I recall correctly were the 魔音 Magic Sound, 魔声/聲 Magic Voice, and either a first or second generation of the 魔女 Witch. I had already known about Blur though before this meet-up from helpful postings by @DBaldock9 and @BloodyPenguin in the Earbuds Round-Up thread. After this meet-up I ended up buying a new first generation Blur 美魔女 Beautiful Witch as the particular PureSounds model that I wanted was no longer made or available. Soon after I bought a second-hand pair of 魔音 Magic Sound and then by shear luck was offered a pair of PureSounds PS100-600S 600Ω with Pop tuning, the exact model that I had wanted, in a trade with a Head-Fi member! Since this event in mid-2018 I have purchased nearly three (300) hundred different models and brands of earbuds out of which I purchased, either 'new' or 'secondhand', more than ten (10) different Blur models. Fortunately, I have had access to literally countless numbers of other Blurs to listen to and borrow as they are quite a popular brand over here in Thailand with our mobile audiophile clubs. So I have heard every driver type and nearly every model and variant that has been produced and/or released to date under the Blur name.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #1,072 of 1,529
I'll compare over the weekend but initial sense is these Blur are certainly brighter than HD650... a while since I've listened though so I'd need to a/b.
Far less dark than the HD650s and perhaps maybe more aggressive, more mid-forward/mid-centric rather than brighter per say.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #1,073 of 1,529

I echo your sentiments. Well said.

Wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on your MX400 when it returns home! And obviously the Wraith!

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #1,074 of 1,529
Oct 16, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #1,075 of 1,529
Which blur should I ask for if I want a nice bit of sub bass but also good mids and airy highs?

Oct 16, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #1,076 of 1,529

Great news! Glad that it has been rectified for you. Please do share with us how the retuning sounds on the MX400... we are most curious indeed! Get ready to have your socks blown off by the Wraith! LOL!
Wow nice! Its as if you're getting a whole new bud. Seems like great service from Wong, wish I had received the same. Looking forward to impressions
It unfortunately seems like you had a bad experience, what happened exactly? Have you contacted the builder to discuss it all? Being a fellow earbud enthusiast and hobbyist he might just surprise you and rectify the issue :wink: he has done that for me, as well as a few others on this here thread hence the loyal following.

Oct 16, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #1,077 of 1,529
Which blur should I ask for if I want a nice bit of sub bass but also good mids and airy highs?

266 MX150 Retune aPs has the most sub extension I've heard on a Blur. I would advise waiting to hear impressions on the 189 Hybrid MX150 aPs. I have a feeling it might end up ticking those boxes to a better degree.

Oct 16, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #1,078 of 1,529
266 MX150 Retune aPs has the most sub extension I've heard on a Blur. I would advise waiting to hear impressions on the 189 Hybrid MX150 aPs. I have a feeling it might end up ticking those boxes to a better degree.

Have you got that on the way?

I've barely listened to my PK32, Wong recommended 300 hours burn-in! Why so much more than the MX150 Retune? I will of course listen at intervals as I always do - it has clocked up about 20 hours now.

Oct 16, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #1,079 of 1,529

I've barely listened to my PK32, Wong recommended 300 hours burn-in! Why so much more than the MX150 Retune? I will of course listen at intervals as I always do - it has clocked up about 20 hours now.
Wong gives them about 30 hours before they leave the nest. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm well over 300 hours and I doubt I could tell any difference from the first few hours I listened. Maybe there is some brain burn in, but I'm not convinced. Enjoy!

Oct 16, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #1,080 of 1,529

Yeah, should be a few weeks before its here, however.

As @digititus said I wouldn't worry too much about the 300h burn in. Just enjoy the journey on the way there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back