Blur Earbuds Lovers
Aug 24, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #481 of 1,529
Yeah, yeah... Ofc. 😂

Anyway, one take one for the team? Im in the process of spending very large quantities of pasta and cheese in IEMs :frowning2:

Phew!

Yeah, me too. I've got to show some self control somewhere along the way...

Aug 24, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #482 of 1,529
Yeah, yeah... Ofc. 😂

Anyway, one take one for the team? Im in the process of spending very large quantities of pasta and cheese in IEMs :frowning2:
Phew!

Yeah, me too. I've got to show some self control somewhere along the way...
I am so relieved that I finally broke free of the 2-channel, over-ear headphone, and more recently IEM stranglehold that had gripped me for decades. My recent push (which actually began a few years ago) to fully embrace my minimalist nature by including my audiophile hobby has proven to be a grand success for me and most especially to those who received wonderous gifts and/or deals of a lifetime! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The easiest part was getting rid of the equipment... the hardest was parting with the hundreds of earbuds that I had acquired from 2018 until 2020. Of which I just recently finally downsized from the last thirty or so pairs to a handful that cover different target listening signatures and durations that I require. It was not an easy task but I am better for it now and taught myself to manage well with the bare minimum.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #483 of 1,529
I am so relieved that I finally broke free of the 2-channel, over-ear headphone, and more recently IEM stranglehold that had gripped me for decades. My recent push (which actually began a few years ago) to fully embrace my minimalist nature by including my audiophile hobby has proven to be a grand success for me and most especially to those who received wonderous gifts and/or deals of a lifetime! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The easiest part was getting rid of the equipment... the hardest was parting with the hundreds of earbuds that I had acquired from 2018 until 2020. Of which I just recently finally downsized from the last thirty or so pairs to a handful that cover different target listening signatures and durations that I require. It was not an easy task but I am better for it now and taught myself to manage well with the bare minimum.

I want to live a minimalist life too!

With that in mind, how do you see the Wraith fitting into your current line up?

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #484 of 1,529

Yes, agreed. Im on that path too and I just sold my maim IEM. Now it's one in, one out. Im on the process of trying to sell all my buds, will only keeo blurs and lbbs :)

Can't do buds only tho, lots of work and comute listening. But i'll admit its a possibility i never thought was possible until landing on blurs.

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #485 of 1,529
Yes, agreed. Im on that path too and I just sold my maim IEM. Now it's one in, one out. Im on the process of trying to sell all my buds, will only keeo blurs and lbbs :)

Can't do buds only tho, lots of work and comute listening. But i'll admit its a possibility i never thought was possible until landing on blurs.
Concur, I kept my Sennheiser HD650 the one over earphone that I still own. IEMs are all gone... my daughter wiped me out from all that were remaining (a few Shures and JVCs that I hadn't yet sold or gifted away to include reacquiring my B&O H6v2 closed backs that she had previously stolen from me due to their secondary headphone output feature).

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #486 of 1,529
I want to live a minimalist life too!

With that in mind, how do you see the Wraith fitting into your current line up?
Although it may take a week or so until I can make a final decision but it may fall in between the OFC MX64 aPs STE and 256 PK15 White Face as a Reference Signature for Medium Sessions or perhaps even replace either one of those earbuds entirely. There are two (2) other models that Wong and I are discussing and/or working on that will also need to find their place on this chart as well so...

Signature
Duration
Brand
Model
Ω
Critical Listening​
Short Sessions​
Blur​
OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition​
64Ω​
Fun​
Medium-Long Sessions​
Blur​
256 PK16 White Face​
16Ω​
Warm & Smooth​
Ultralong Sessions​
Ksearphone​
Temperament 钛铃 Bell-Ti​
120Ω​

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #487 of 1,529
Although it may take a week or so until I can make a final decision but it may fall in between the OFC MX64 aPs STE and 256 PK15 White Face as a Reference Signature for Medium Sessions or perhaps even replace either one of those earbuds entirely. There two (2) other models that Wong and I are discussing and/or working on that will also ned to find their place on this chart as well so...

Signature
Duration
Brand
Model
Ω
Critical Listening​
Short Sessions​
Blur​
64Ω​
Fun​
Medium-Long Sessions​
Blur​
256 PK16 White Face​
16Ω​
Warm & Smooth​
Ultralong Sessions​
Ksearphone​
Temperament 钛铃 Bell-Ti​
120Ω​

I certainly didn't want to rush to extract your judgement, let us know how things develop!

I've just spoke to Master Wong to be listed for a Wraith Standard Edition. Fingers crossed it will eventually sit between those two, which is a niche I'd like to fill.

Keep us informed (silly for me to say, you're the master of thorough correspondence).

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #488 of 1,529
Although it may take a week or so until I can make a final decision but it may fall in between the OFC MX64 aPs STE and 256 PK15 White Face as a Reference Signature for Medium Sessions or perhaps even replace either one of those earbuds entirely. There are two (2) other models that Wong and I are discussing and/or working on that will also need to find their place on this chart as well so...

Signature
Duration
Brand
Model
Ω
Critical Listening​
Short Sessions​
Blur​
64Ω​
Fun​
Medium-Long Sessions​
Blur​
256 PK16 White Face​
16Ω​
Warm & Smooth​
Ultralong Sessions​
Ksearphone​
Temperament 钛铃 Bell-Ti​
120Ω​
Just want to drop by a bit again after receiving my first blurs earlier this month. The Blurs simply are amazing. I haven't used my other buds and other transducers ever since, every time I try to use other buds, I always wish I was just using Blurs and so I would immediately switch to Blurs.

The SQ of Blurs is the anti-thesis of the word blur. They are so clean, balanced and transparent.

During my initial time with them, there were times that some genres would be too intense at high volume, but after a week or about more than 100 hours of combined burn-in use and pink noise, I don't find anything too intense now. I don't care if its really driver burn-in or just brain in, but it is what it is. Also, maybe changing the stock foams with the thick VE foams also helped in taming the intensity.

Another factor that Blurs have that other buds doesn't do as well is its DYNAMICS, like every note has a different sense of weight and physicality, I didn't notice this during my initial sessions with them, but when I tried to use my other buds I can sense that the attack of each notes is not as defined and solid compared to the Blurs.

With this, am also thinking of getting another Blur to complement my 266 mx32 aPs, maybe by the end of the year. Probably looking for something with more sub-bass or generally a more warmer tuning, will consult with Wong or if @WoodyLuvr can also input whether the mx64 aPs with lower second mountain or the new Wraith or the upcoming Blur 189 is the best complement.

Let me end this babbling with a picture of this gem, which imo, synergizes well with warmer daps like sony and also an album recommendation that showcases Blur's incredible dynamics: Coexist by The XX :beerchug:

20210824_235149.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #489 of 1,529
Is that quote in red from The Dark Tower?

Yes!!! it's my favorite reading

Greetings to all Blur'lievers!

Please welcome Wong's latest creation, his black badge, the...

Blur OFC PK150 Wraith Limited Edition (150Ω)
Ultra-Slim 2.5TRRS Balanced Plug; 1 of 1

Great presentation, they look spectacular and I suppose they will sound the same way!

My wallet.... Really wonder how this and the 'balanced for vocals' Blur 189 MX aPs sound vs the MX64 STE.....

Oh no. Rabbit hole.

I do not need to open my wallet, it does not give for more

Of which I just recently finally downsized from the last thirty or so pairs to a handful that cover different target listening signatures and durations that I require. It was not an easy task but I am better for it now and taught myself to manage well with the bare minimum.

It is the best you can do, sometimes I think about selling, but from Spain it is somewhat complicated, so I limit myself to leaving them in the closet at the mercy of some consensual "theft". The negative part is that it seems that lately what is disappearing the most are buds.

There are two (2) other models that Wong and I are discussing and/or working on that will also need to find their place on this chart as well so...

This I read between the lines is another breakthrough of information!

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #491 of 1,529
Just got home to my MX150 Retune - if this is the tuning you'll be receiving @DBaldock9, I would be very surprised if you end up disappointed. Initial impressions are that it shares a great deal in common with my favourite, the 266 MX64 STE aPs. Good note weight, transparent, lush & forward vocals with greater subbass extension and a bit more warmth than the MX64 STE. As always, timbre of instruments & detail is top shelf. No shout in the mids and no sibilance of note.

Will take some time to see how these fit into my collection though!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #493 of 1,529
Can you guys quiet down! I haven’t yet received my first pair of Blur and you’ve got me contemplating a second lol 😂

“The waiting is the hardest part”~Tom Petty

i hope this comes across as lighthearted as intended.

This is why I paid extra for express shipping

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #494 of 1,529
Just got home to my MX150 Retune - if this is the tuning you'll be receiving @DBaldock9, I would be very surprised if you end up disappointed. Initial impressions are that it shares a great deal in common with my favourite, the 266 MX64 STE aPs. Good note weight, transparent, lush & forward vocals with greater subbass extension and a bit more warmth than the MX64 STE. As always, timbre of instruments & detail is top shelf. No shout in the mids and no sibilance of note.

Will take some time to see how these fit into my collection though!

Have you ever heard the K's K600? They're still my benchmark for "real", "live", "you are there" sound - even though they don't have the lowest sub-Bass, or the sparkliest Treble.
NOTE: Mine have been modded to have a 2.5mm TRRS plug.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #495 of 1,529
Have you ever heard the K's K600? They're still my benchmark for "real", "live", "you are there" sound - even though they don't have the lowest sub-Bass, or the sparkliest Treble.
NOTE: Mine have been modded to have a 2.5mm TRRS plug.

I haven't heard that no! That's the sort of sound I'm always seeking and what MX64 STE provides to a tee. The primitive, reflex response of my hand moving the mouse cursor to my Ali Express bookmark is currently trying to do its very best to send me on another shopping spree...but I must resist...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back