Bluesound Node 2i
Oct 24, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #423 of 435
anyone else notice a sound improvement after the big update last week. seems more refined in the hi's. i only stream Tidal but to me sounds much better. was looking at new streamers but dont think i will be anymore
Cannot say I notice a sound improvement using Qobuz. Regarding the update to the OS, I am frustrated by the need to choose which service I want to perform a search in, vs a universal search that gives me the results from all of the services I am linked to.

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #424 of 435
Cannot say I notice a sound improvement using Qobuz. Regarding the update to the OS, I am frustrated by the need to choose which service I want to perform a search in, vs a universal search that gives me the results from all of the services I am linked to.
I don't remember being able to search across all services. Are you sure about that?

The new interface doesn't look very good to me, but the search seems to work the same way.

Oct 24, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #425 of 435
I don't remember being able to search across all services. Are you sure about that?

The new interface doesn't look very good to me, but the search seems to work the same way.
No, it never did a universal search before, but it would have been a great feature

Oct 24, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #426 of 435
No, it never did a universal search before, but it would have been a great feature
Agreed, that would be awesome. It's painful to have to go through multiple services to find something.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #427 of 435
Agreed, that would be awesome. It's painful to have to go through multiple services to find something.
Sonos has it in their app, and Bluesound markets itself as the better-sounding Sonos alternative. Too bad their app can't keep up.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #428 of 435
Sonos has it in their app, and Bluesound markets itself as the better-sounding Sonos alternative. Too bad their app can't keep up.
It's hard to play in the feature world. Is Sonos still just speakers? I have two Bluesound boxes and they work well, the software and updates work well enough.

I like MusicCast, I have one device. But the app is only on mobile devices, no desktop. I'll check over the weekend whether it does a global search. But it doesn't support MQA and Bluesound does. Seems like you can't get all you want in one brand.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #429 of 435
It's hard to play in the feature world. Is Sonos still just speakers?
Sonos has a Node-like product called the Port, but I have never tried it. I have a few Sonos speakers scattered around my house for background and TV listening. I use a Node 2i and outboard DAC in my headphone rig.

Oct 28, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #430 of 435
I was able to check MusicCast, I like the app. But it has the same limitation as BluOS, there is no global search. You have to pick the streaming service first.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #431 of 435
those of you on Quboz, how do you get it to work on the Blusound node 2i?

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #433 of 435
OK that worked. I can't find a way to organize my music by artist like I can in Tidal

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #434 of 435
OK that worked. I can't find a way to organize my music by artist like I can in Tidal
I don't know how this is displayed on tidal. In the app, music sources - Quobuz - Favorites - Artists. Shown by import date. Sorting is not possible in the BlueOs app.

Nov 30, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #435 of 435
Not possible. We'll that is disappointing. Might just stick with tidal then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back