Bluesound Node 2i
Dec 23, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #212 of 435
Tidal or blue sound ap level
Exactly :D

Each app has an option to play similar music. You have to turn it off everywhere. Been there, got the t-shirt!

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #213 of 435
i am looking here for advise.my set up is in my den and use wifi to connect to my node2i, sometimes get songs stopping and trying to load, then play again. my computer runs fine in wifi, my node 2i and my AK dap have drop out. ethernet would be a pain to hook up in this room. do i need a wifi booster or a wireless access point to fix this problem?

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #214 of 435
I don't use wifi for the node 2i, it looked to me like there might be a security issue that anybody on your lan can access the device. Anyway, the device does generate logs (I think there is a debug mode) so maybe contact bluesound support and they can see if there is any useful info in the logs that can indicate signal disappearing or something else.

Although if your DAP also loses wifi in the same location than yeah, probably a repeater/access point would help.

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #215 of 435
i am looking here for advise.my set up is in my den and use wifi to connect to my node2i, sometimes get songs stopping and trying to load, then play again. my computer runs fine in wifi, my node 2i and my AK dap have drop out. ethernet would be a pain to hook up in this room. do i need a wifi booster or a wireless access point to fix this problem?

I would recommend a mesh wifi system if you are having trouble with your wifi. There are many different systems available now (I have been using the Linksys Velop system for 3-4 years now). I have a Linksys node and an ethernet switch in my living room and hardwired my Bluesound Node 2i, TV, Denon receiver, and bluray player to it so I dont have as many wifi connections. Has been working well for me. I mostly stream Qobuz at home to my Node 2i.

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #217 of 435
You could check the bluesound forums.

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #218 of 435
I use Asus Ac68u with very good performance and stability. You can buy 2 of them and Its easy to set up a mesh network. Can be found very cheap.

Jan 29, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #219 of 435
I have the Node2 playing via wifi.Using Tidal. Seems quite good to me but. Im a little confused on Tidals and the /node2s parameters. . Where a good place to search to make sure one is using the Tidal service to its fullest potential. When connected to the Node 2..
Im using rca cables to a Violectric amp. To Senn 800s.

Jan 29, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #220 of 435
I have the Node2 playing via wifi.Using Tidal. Seems quite good to me but. Im a little confused on Tidals and the /node2s parameters. . Where a good place to search to make sure one is using the Tidal service to its fullest potential. When connected to the Node 2..
I was not impressed with the tidal HD sound quality. Canceled my subscription before the trial was over. That said, it sounds like you are connected properly assuming you are trying to use the DAC from the node.

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #221 of 435
You have it connected correctly make sure tone controls are set to off as MQA is off if tone control is on You can toggle between the two to see the difference.

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #222 of 435
I was not impressed with the tidal HD sound quality. Canceled my subscription before the trial was over. That said, it sounds like you are connected properly assuming you are trying to use the DAC from the node.
Was tone control toggled on? I find a very noticeable
difference in MQA to non MQA in tidal? What hi Rez streaming service do you find better?

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #223 of 435
Was tone control toggled on? I find a very noticeable
difference in MQA to non MQA in tidal? What hi Rez streaming service do you find better?
I haven't found any streaming service that compares to actual flac files. Maybe I'm just too picky. I have a hard drive connected to the node and don't use any streaming services. That will change when YouTube music is implemented as I already pay for that so I may as well use it once available on node

Users who are viewing this thread

Back