Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
Dec 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #211 of 337
Update on my situation.

Having given up hope of fixing them, and working under the assumption that they were already broken, so if I broke them worse it wasn't really a huge deal, I decided to proceed in an attempt to fix them. When the cuff detached it left a swivel plate on the inside of the 'band' portion of the headphone, that is the inside of the control panel area with the volume up and down buttons etc. The swivel plate is connected to the 'band' portion of the headphone by two cylindrical knobs mirroring the track forward and track back buttons. The swivel plate WAS connected to the speaker cup by two cylindrical knobs mirroring the volume up and volume down buttons. This is where my speaker cup came detached from the 'band' portion of the headphones.

On the speaker cup there are two holes where the knobs would normally fit. It is a very tight fit, meant to keep the cup from being able to detach. I decided that it would be easier to remove the swivel plate from the 'band' portion of the headphones, and attach it to the speaker cup first. I did this by placing a small flat head screw driver next to the track forward cylindrical knob, and twisting. This successfully popped the swivel plate out. I then connected the swivel plate to the speaker cup. Using a flat head screwdriver I then bent the swivel plate just enough to pull one side out of the speaker cup, so the hole for one of the 'track forward, or track back' knobs was visible. I placed the hole over the corresponding knob, and then pulled the screw driver out, allowing the swivel plate to retract back into the speaker cup. I then did the same thing on the other side, used a flat head screwdriver to bend the swivel plate. This bend allowed the diameter of the swivel plate to shrink just enough so that I could fit the hole in the swivel plate back over the track forward knob.

I know this is a poor description of what I did for anyone who cannot see the inside of the headphone. However hopefully if anyone else experiences this failure, my poor description can help them to fix their beloved headphones.

Thanks for the info - I know more than just one or two people who struggled with this particular problem.

I'm actually trying to do the opposite - finding a way to disassemble the headphones without breaking anything. See, something has been knocked loose somewhere inside the right side, and aside from the annoying rattling sound, the sound volume from the right side appears to have dropped about 40%. Honestly, it's driving me mad. Do you think you could give me any pointers on this, since you know what the interior looks like?

Dec 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #212 of 337
  I had enough!! 
gs1000.gif

I had two sets of Bluedio R+ that I got from Amazon. I was using one pair of them. Yesterday, I got feed up..Since I know how the apt-x enhances the bluetooth signal/sound/performance from using my Sony MDR 10RBT, I wasn't going for this false advertising. I advised Amazon, and they told me to return them. Also, I returned the Sony MDR 10RBT., not for lack of performance, in fact, I think these Sony mdr 10rbt headphones are super. However, I ordered the big brother to these, the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2, and since they look almost alike, no use me keeping both pair.. 

Also, on the same topic question of having apt-x, I wrote and email to Beats By DRE wanting to know if there top of the line Beats by Dre Studio  Wireless,($379.95) and asked their customer service do these headphones have apt-x??

Below is their laughable reply...
gs1000.gif

-----------------------

Subject
Does the top of the line Studio Wireless for $379.95 have apt-x

Response Via Email (Yanet M.)03/11/2014 11:58 AM
Hello Coleman,

Thank you for contacting Beats By Dr. Dre Support. My name is Yanet M. and I'll be assisting you.

I understand you are inquiring about our Studio Wireless. I apologize for any inconvenience. We don't have that information available.

Cheers,

Yanet M.

Beats by Dr.Dreâ„¢ Support
1-800-442-4000
Hours of Operation
6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PST
Seven Days a Week
www.beatsbydre.com/support
------------------------------------------------------

I had a different answer from beats:

"Thanks for contacting Beats by Dr. Dre Support.
As per our earlier conversation, please find below the list of codecs for the Studio Wireless Bluetooth version:
AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
APTX
AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
SBC (Sub Band Codec)
As mentioned, this is specific information which is not available online, therefore we are not able to provide you with a link as requested.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Kind Regards,
Joana Lopes
Beats by Dr. Dre™ Support"

The same was told me by the German Support ten days later.

Laughable was how much time I needed at the telephone for that. Starting with the German SUpport of Apple (which I supposed to be able to answer about their now acquired sub brand), which had NO IDEA, not even of what APTX is, I was then derived to the German Support of Beats, and then to the English speaking (no idea if EU or US) Beats Support.
 A LOT of time to give me an ambiguous answer.

They were anyway NOT able to explain why the Beats Studio Wireless are NOT listed among the APTX devices on the APTX website.
Nor why I do not get any notification about an APTX connection when I connect them to my Phone or to my PC, while with ALL other APTX Headphones and Speakers I have tested, which are many, I ALWAYS get such a notification.

My opinion is:
1) it is a real SCAM, a FRAUD. They know there is no APTX support but they want to play ambiguous to make people believe/hope there is.
2) alternatively, they have the WORSE EVER, really EVER, support of this universe.

In both cases, they have lost ALL possible credibility for me. There is no way I am going to be interested in any Beats product ever till they will not make an official declaration about this fact, apologizing for their mistake.

In the while I would like to tell you that I have tested a lot of BT headphones.
You can ask me questions if you want. I am glad to help:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/746519/huge-bluetooth-comparison-bose-plantronics-beats-philips-samsung-akg-jbl-sony-and-more

Cheers

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #213 of 337
Guys I have the H+ turbine version of the bluedio headphones but i find them a little tight and uncomfortable on my head. Just wondering if it worth getting a pair of the R+. They look like the ear cushions are a little softer. 

Also would the sound quality be any better? Do they actually have this apt-x tech or is it all talk? Or would i be better off getting something else all together 

Also i have seen they have a new R+ legend version whats the difference with these?

Does the new ipod touch 5th gen or the samsung galaxy s4 support apt-x?

thanks

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #214 of 337
  Guys I have the H+ turbine version of the bluedio headphones but i find them a little tight and uncomfortable on my head. Just wondering if it worth getting a pair of the R+. They look like the ear cushions are a little softer. 

Also would the sound quality be any better? Do they actually have this apt-x tech or is it all talk? Or would i be better off getting something else all together 

Also i have seen they have a new R+ legend version whats the difference with these?

Does the new ipod touch 5th gen or the samsung galaxy s4 support apt-x?

thanks

You can find those answers about the Bluedio in the previous page from post 203 to 209.
As to the iPod, no Apple product that I know supports Aptx. They generally use the AAC, which I did not try but should also be good. You need anyway an Headphone which also support AAC. There may be several, but I only know the Beats Studio Wireless which I would never ever possibly suggest to anybody.
Guy, don't take it personally but I think you definitely need to learn to google stuff before asking questions:
http://www.aptx.com/product/samsung-galaxy-s4-android-smartphone
It was the FIRST result in Google by searching for "samsung galaxy s4 support apt-x" (copied and pasted from your post.

About what else you could get, that it a tricky question unless you provide more info about which music you are going to listen, which sound signature you prefer in a headphone, which other characteristics and features are important to you, if you need something portable or something big, etc.

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #215 of 337
thanks for your reply

i mainly listen to punk music 

the main reason i would upgrade to the R+ legend is if they where more comfy

do you think they would be more comfy

i want to use them for fitness walking

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #216 of 337
  thanks for your reply

i mainly listen to punk music 

the main reason i would upgrade to the R+ legend is if they where more comfy

do you think they would be more comfy

i want to use them for fitness walking

I did not try any of those. Sorry. I am here just because I wanted to try the R+ but I did not.
Somebody else can tell you about the comfort and the sound of the R+.
Among the BT Headphones I tried I can suggest you for Punk the House of Marley Liberate XLBT (you may need some EQ to increase the Highs), and the Sony MDR-10RBT.
If you like to have lot of bass you may try the Sony MDR-X950BT, I did not try them but they receive good reviews and are not so expensive.
If you can wait and can pay more, the Philps Fidelio M2BT will arrive in Spring in US and are very versatile, you can hear almost everything with them. I love them. They are not Around the Ear but I still find them comfortable.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #218 of 337
Thanks for the info - I know more than just one or two people who struggled with this particular problem.

I'm actually trying to do the opposite - finding a way to disassemble the headphones without breaking anything. See, something has been knocked loose somewhere inside the right side, and aside from the annoying rattling sound, the sound volume from the right side appears to have dropped about 40%. Honestly, it's driving me mad. Do you think you could give me any pointers on this, since you know what the interior looks like?

So the earcups are held on by 4 nodes. 2 on the earcup, and 2 on the headphone band. Each node is mirrored by a hole on the opposing piece, into which it fits. The nodes on the headband are actually a separate internal piece held into place by the headband, it's a small disc which is what allows the earcup to tilt. This piece in my experience is bendable. I've been able to remove the ear cup a couple of times by jamming a jewlers screwdriver into the side of the earcup, between the cup and the head band, then using a second screw driver to apply pressure to that disc until the node holding it in place popped out of its hole, from there its trivial to remove the cup. The difficult part in my experience was reattaching. I broke one of my nodes attempting to reattach the first time, be careful. I'm an amateur and do not recommend attempting this to anyone.

edit: My experience was with the original Bluedio Model R, not the R+ or R+ legend. They look to have the same casing, but I cannot be sure of this.

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #219 of 337
  ok thanks mate

ill stick with my bluedio h+ headphones for now until someone can justify for me to get the R+ legends

You dont need to upgrade to R+ Legends, if u gonna upgrade, ugrade to R+, the only two differece between R+ and R+ Legend are A) the both use plastic headbands but R+Legend has a different coating, making it looks like some shiny metal, and B) R+ Legend is so much more expensive

But the R+ family are definitely more comfy, some might find the H+ a little too tight. The R+ has better audio quality, more detailed and even stronger bass.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #221 of 337
I just stumbled upon this thread looking around for the Bluedio Eq App.
It hasn't come with the HS. Where do I download it. Bluedio website is in Chinese - I cant follow anything .

Hi sieger,

It's been unavailable for at least a full year (taken down for reasons unknown; official explanation is that they wanted to prevent us from damaging our headphones), but I'll share my Dropbox folder I uploaded the utils to, if you want. Please note that you'll also need to purchase a hardware programmer to communicate with the CSR bluetooth chip inside the headphones. This device (USB<->SPI adapter) will set you back around 30-40 US dollars, item and postages combined, depending on your location.

Unless you're really financially challenged, I'd say it's well worth the investment, because honestly, the stock EQ settings are horrible and the compressor is completely unnecessary if you listen to anything else other than techno music. It's also used to enable the underlying aptX support (near-lossless bluetooth audio codec), which is pretty neat. :wink:

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #222 of 337
to those who have the bluedio R how would they compare to the audio technica ad700 headphones. They have 53mm drivers in them and are crystal clear even at loud volumes. I currently own these audio technica headphones and find them to be the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. Just wanna know if I would be at an advantage of getting the bluedio R headphones? I had the H+ bluedios and sold them, they where to tight on my head. How do the bluedio R headphones stack up against a pair of audio technica ad700's?

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #224 of 337
  to those who have the bluedio R how would they compare to the audio technica ad700 headphones. They have 53mm drivers in them and are crystal clear even at loud volumes. I currently own these audio technica headphones and find them to be the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. Just wanna know if I would be at an advantage of getting the bluedio R headphones? I had the H+ bluedios and sold them, they where to tight on my head. How do the bluedio R headphones stack up against a pair of audio technica ad700's?

These are two VERY different headphones my friend :)

the AD700 is one with cord, like double the price of Bluedio R. AD700 are designed with good soundstage and details, togather with the comfy earmuff and suspension cushion headband, it's more like referencing sort of headphones, perfect for instruments and orchestra. For pop/rock music, it sucks.

On the contray, Bluedio R is much cheaper, and is a bluetooth model but u can plug in a 3.5mm cord as well, dual use model. it's designed for pop/rock sort of music, sucks for instruments and orchestra. very strong and solid sub-bass, performance is leaning towards Beats. It's comfy as well, much better cushion and earmuff than it's brother Bluedio H, but still if you got a big head it's not for you.

Both AD700 and R are the kind of headphones that you'll either love it like she's your new bride, or hate it and screams that you wasted money on junk. If your taste for music is leaning towards any of those two directions, buy one, they are good value. If you listen to a little of this and that and some general music, really, try something else, dont let your money go to waste on them.

But well, that's only what I think :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #225 of 337
  also whats with the new victory version? whats the specs on them are they any good? like better then the R

I've been checking Bluedio's website constantly and talked to my regional distributor. no, there's still no news on the V version. no legit spec nor release date. we're just gonna have to wait for a little while.... but damn it looks just like one Beats Studio Wireless :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back