Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
Nov 9, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #197 of 337
  Is aptx disable for all devices or just only mobile phones?

I want to buy this headphones and use in to PC (usb dongle) - aptx will work or not?

Bluedio disabled the aptX in R+ so it wont work in any devices without the USB-SPI tool. However, you just wouldn't know if the headset you buy is with a disabled aptX inside or without an aptX at all. One customer did come back to me with an R+Legend says the USB-SPI tool cant switch the aptX back on, I talked to Bluedio and they said
1. In some headset they took out the aptX, some they disabled it, coz the R+/ R+Legend can provide such function but there's no official license yet;
2. End users are not supposed to do modification to the headset
I changed a few headset for that customers before there's one with a disabled aptX. So if you're buying it online and the aptX is a must for you, it'll be like lottery, good luck buddy :)

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #198 of 337
Thank you for your answer. I asked the same question to the Bluedio Support, and they wrote to me:

Hello dear Piotr,

Thanks for your coming letter. I am afraid all the aptx functions of the headphones are disabled. Could only activated by using a USB-SPI tool, as well with some softwares provided. Our new model V will soon be carried. They have the aptx activated.

Best regards,
George.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzYzMzE1NTQ4.html
It looks great, and I will wait !!!

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #201 of 337
Hi, Just in case somebody stumble upon my question while searching for the answer similar to my question, here is what I did, which worked for me. My laptop is Toshiba Portege, which I bought in around 2012. So when I tried to connect my Bluedio R+, the bluetooth drivers were not up to date, that was causing the problem. I went to the manufacturer's site, and on the downloadable contents, I downloaded the latest bluetooth driver bundle (it was around 90MB), once I installed the package, restarted the system, then it worked. Now, I am connected, device drivers are installed and listening to the music through bluetooth.

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #203 of 337
The website seems to have changed in content because all the links you provided are not working.
There is no chance to download anything nor to write to them.
Besides all is in some oriental language.
And, come on, "some headphones had the aptx disabled, some took away" and you do not know it without buying and trying to install a debugger?

Guys, all this does not sound very professional and reliable to me.
And I read many many reviews talking of very excessive basses, at the pojnt of not being really able to enjoy not even electronic music.
How did you happen to like these?

Anyway, for those who like them and compared them with others: are they worth also withouth aptx? Are their basses more than in the Beats Studio Wireless?
Are their highs and mids ok?

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #204 of 337
Did you by any chance get an estimated release date? I'd rather wait on this new version than buy the old R+ one.

The V is the replacement for the R+, right? Struggling to work out their model line.

EDIT: Contacted Bluedio on gdliwei.com email address. They said there's no release date and that the V should be quite expensive. Means I'm probably priced out as the R+ are at the top of my price range. So with these APTX issues that the headphones are experiencing I will probably have to look at something else. Shame.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #205 of 337

Is aptx disable for all devices or just only mobile phones?

I want to buy this headphones and use in to PC (usb dongle) - aptx will work or not?

Bluedio disabled the aptX in R+ so it wont work in any devices without the USB-SPI tool. However, you just wouldn't know if the headset you buy is with a disabled aptX inside or without an aptX at all. One customer did come back to me with an R+Legend says the USB-SPI tool cant switch the aptX back on, I talked to Bluedio and they said
1. In some headset they took out the aptX, some they disabled it, coz the R+/ R+Legend can provide such function but there's no official license yet;
2. End users are not supposed to do modification to the headset
I changed a few headset for that customers before there's one with a disabled aptX. So if you're buying it online and the aptX is a must for you, it'll be like lottery, good luck buddy :)

GamerHAHA, I've come to understand that all R+ units are fitted with CSR8645 chips (those chips have aptX support by hardware). According to CSR's specs, they also only support stereo audio, which contradicts your claim about the R+ sporting active 5.1 surround. Please clarify?

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #206 of 337
Ok, let's say that I want to give it a try (mostly because I am a big fan of good sountstage with sort of surround effect where each sound is detailed, separated, and coming from different distances and directions).
What should I do, buy the normal R, the R+ or the R+ Legend?
Somebody here said the Legend SHOULD differ only in the color respect to the R+. but I still cannot understand what is different in the normal R.
Where should be more possible to get Aptx?
Or there is never any chance?

And, where can I get this software/debugger to activate the Aptx? Bluedio website is impossible, and, as said, they must be changing things, because there is no download available and all links are broken.
Do I need to root my Mobile Phone to use that software?

I have here so many Headphones at home, I am doing a HUGE comparison.
I am going to post now a separate Thread to say all what I have at home and what I still wait (and what I tried but already sent back) so that who wants can ask me questions...

Cheers!

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #207 of 337
Ok, let's say that I want to give it a try (mostly because I am a big fan of good sountstage with sort of surround effect where each sound is detailed, separated, and coming from different distances and directions).
What should I do, buy the normal R, the R+ or the R+ Legend?
Somebody here said the Legend SHOULD differ only in the color respect to the R+. but I still cannot understand what is different in the normal R.
Where should be more possible to get Aptx?
Or there is never any chance?

And, where can I get this software/debugger to activate the Aptx? Bluedio website is impossible, and, as said, they must be changing things, because there is no download available and all links are broken.
Do I need to root my Mobile Phone to use that software?

I have here so many Headphones at home, I am doing a HUGE comparison.
I am going to post now a separate Thread to say all what I have at home and what I still wait (and what I tried but already sent back) so that who wants can ask me questions...

Cheers!

Hello Giogio,

Since you're a fan of quality audio, I would advice against getting the regular R; the R+ and R+ Legend Version come with upgraded hardware and speaker driver units. R+ and Legend both have aptX support, although it does have to be enabled manually using a special USB-SPI programmer, whereas the older R lacks it entirely.

The download you mentioned is a bundle of PC software which included CSR Universal Parameter Manager, and a number of firmware upgrade/debugging tools. Because it's no longer available on Bluedio's website, I have uploaded them to my Dropbox and posted a link here http://www.head-fi.org/t/674551/bluedio-r-bluetooth-4-0-headphones-with-nfc-and-apt-x/150#post_10857434 . Be advised though, the files alone won't do you any good, as you also need to purchase the programmer (Contact Bluedio directly for instructions on where to get one).

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #208 of 337
Hello Giogio,

Since you're a fan of quality audio, I would advice against getting the regular R; the R+ and R+ Legend Version come with upgraded hardware and speaker driver units. R+ and Legend both have aptX support, although it does have to be enabled manually using a special USB-SPI programmer, whereas the older R lacks it entirely.

The download you mentioned is a bundle of PC software which included CSR Universal Parameter Manager, and a number of firmware upgrade/debugging tools. Because it's no longer available on Bluedio's website, I have uploaded them to my Dropbox and posted a link here http://www.head-fi.org/t/674551/bluedio-r-bluetooth-4-0-headphones-with-nfc-and-apt-x/150#post_10857434 . Be advised though, the files alone won't do you any good, as you also need to purchase the programmer (Contact Bluedio directly for instructions on where to get one).

Thanks for the answer. My understanding was that the R was the same of the R+ but withouth APTX. Is this not so?
Can you be more specific about the difference between R+ and R+ Legend? My understanding is that the only difference is the color. Right?

About  APTX, which kind of difference did you notice after enabling it?
And, would you still suggest them even without APTX?

How does this of the programmer work? How much does it cost and is it difficult to use? Although I am relatively familiar with technology and computers, I am not a programmer.
Could you also provide a contact to Bluedio? As saind, I cannot get their website to work properly, with any webbrowser...

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #209 of 337
Thanks for the answer. My understanding was that the R was the same of the R+ but withouth APTX. Is this not so?
Can you be more specific about the difference between R+ and R+ Legend? My understanding is that the only difference is the color. Right?

About  APTX, which kind of difference did you notice after enabling it?
And, would you still suggest them even without APTX?

How does this of the programmer work? How much does it cost and is it difficult to use? Although I am relatively familiar with technology and computers, I am not a programmer.
Could you also provide a contact to Bluedio? As saind, I cannot get their website to work properly, with any webbrowser...

In terms of functionality, the R+ has a built-in equalizer and support for BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy, BL4.0 stuff). I already mentioned the upgraded speakers, but I haven't had the opportunity to compare the two.

I believe the bluetooth chip has been upgraded in the R+ Legend from the regular R+. No difference in functionality, however I feel the sound is a little more clear in the R+ Legend.

After enabling aptX, you'll likely notice slightly deeper bass and much clearer highs as the frequency range is no longer limited by a horribly destructive recoding algorithm such as SBC which the R+ and Legend use by default. Any distortion and recoding artifacts will also be gone. Of course, your phone (or any other music player) will have to support aptX for it to work.
I'd say the R+ and R+ Legend are worth every penny even without enabling aptX, though; I installed a rom on my phone that removed aptX support but it still sounds really good.

The device itself (USB-SPI programmer) is not that hard to use; it's a box that you connect in between your computer and your headphones, by USB cables. It's not very expensive, about fourty (40) US Dollars device and delivery combined.

The software you use to enable aptX may be a bit overwhelming, but there's very clear instructions included in the package so it shouldn't be a problem (even I managed to do it, after all) .

aftersales@gdliwei.com should work; you may also want to try the representative - george@gdliwei.com - that helped me obtain the programmer if aftersales won't help.

Cheers,
-odd :)

PS. I do recommend that you get the USB-SPI anyway; you'll likely want to adjust the internal EQ. It's been said before, these headphones are pretty bass-heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back