Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
Oct 14, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #181 of 337
  Anything new on the solution?

I guess you should first try odd's solution coz Bluedio came back to me with a reply tell me to ship the damaged headset back to the factory for maintainence.... sorry buddy :frowning2:

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #182 of 337
  Was it like that out of the box, or did it randomly stop working? 

My headphones had the same issue (they'd show the purple light while plugged in, while otherwise being completely lifeless), but it was resolved when I plugged it in to my computer via the USB-SPI programmer and reset the chip with it. Maybe it's just, you know, stuck. 

If you don't have the programmer handy, unplugging the battery seems to be a good general workaround for firmware crashes like this one, depending on the device, but I wouldn't recommend that as I don't know if the battery is even removable. Could be soldered to the motherboard. 

Hope things work out for you. It's a very nice headset :wink:
-odd

It randomly stopped working. I've been using it for about 6 months now. Any way to you can point me in the right direction with the programmer because I have no clue what that is.

I guess you should first try odd's solution coz Bluedio came back to me with a reply tell me to ship the damaged headset back to the factory for maintainence.... sorry buddy :frowning2:

I'll try out odd's method and then I'll probably send it in. Do you know where I need to go to send it back?

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #183 of 337

It randomly stopped working. I've been using it for about 6 months now. Any way to you can point me in the right direction with the programmer because I have no clue what that is.

The USB-SPI programmer I'm talking about is a small box that houses a CSR -made dev chip which communicates with the CSR bluetooth audio chip inside the R+. It's only sold in China so you'll probably have to buy it through an agent (discussed half a dozen pages back), or you could contact Bluedio directly. 

Before you break open your precious headset, in the considerably likely event that your DIY-repairs don't work (assuming it even is a firmware crash; for all we know, the damn thing could simply be busted), please consider that any fault that might normally be covered by warranty may end up being done at your expense if the headset has been opened.  Then again, according mine and others' experience Bluedio is a very customer service oriented company,  so they may grant you free repairs if they deem that the damage was not caused by you. 

In short - please please be careful and don't hold me responsible if something goes wrong! :)

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #184 of 337
  The USB-SPI programmer I'm talking about is a small box that houses a CSR -made dev chip which communicates with the CSR bluetooth audio chip inside the R+. It's only sold in China so you'll probably have to buy it through an agent (discussed half a dozen pages back), or you could contact Bluedio directly. 

Before you break open your precious headset, in the considerably likely event that your DIY-repairs don't work (assuming it even is a firmware crash; for all we know, the damn thing could simply be busted), please consider that any fault that might normally be covered by warranty may end up being done at your expense if the headset has been opened.  Then again, according mine and others' experience Bluedio is a very customer service oriented company,  so they may grant you free repairs if they deem that the damage was not caused by you. 

In short - please please be careful and don't hold me responsible if something goes wrong! :)

I don't wanna risk damaging it so I'll probably just send it in to Bluedio. Thanks for your help! Do you know where I can find their customer support or sevice?

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #185 of 337

I don't wanna risk damaging it so I'll probably just send it in to Bluedio. Thanks for your help! Do you know where I can find their customer support or sevice?

Happy to help. :) Good choice - maintenance costs combined with postages (China, duh) may turn out to be more expensive than a new pair. But then again, as I mentioned, Bluedio stands behind their products so I don't know their pricing policy on fixing broken units. Better play it safe though, and leave the headphones intact hoping they will pin it on manufacturer's warranty. I'd say it's very likely because we're not talking about physical damage here. 

I believe the address to contact them is aftersales@gdliwei.com - but since GamerHAHA is working closely with them, he may have some information on how to go about getting your unit repaired. 

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #186 of 337

That depends on where you buy it from. All Bluedio products has limited warranty provided by the local distributor, from 1- 2 years according to different distributors (in HK, one year limited warranty). If you bought it online your local distributor might not send it back to Bluedio for you even if it's less than a year after you bought it.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #187 of 337
  That depends on where you buy it from. All Bluedio products has limited warranty provided by the local distributor, from 1- 2 years according to different distributors (in HK, one year limited warranty). If you bought it online your local distributor might not send it back to Bluedio for you even if it's less than a year after you bought it.

I got it off of Amazon, would Amazon still allow me to send it in? Is it possible for me to just email somebody and send it directly?

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #188 of 337
  I got it off of Amazon, would Amazon still allow me to send it in? Is it possible for me to just email somebody and send it directly?

My suggestion is to email your seller in Amazon and see if he has such contact, or contact you local distributor (if there's one, depends on where you are from). If both fails, contact me in private, I'll try if i can do something on my side in HK :D

Oct 19, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #189 of 337
My suggestion is to email your seller in Amazon and see if he has such contact, or contact you local distributor (if there's one, depends on where you are from). If both fails, contact me in private, I'll try if i can do something on my side in HK :D

Hey do you know if we ship the headphones overseas or somewhere on the US when claiming warranty? Thanks

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #190 of 337
Hey do you know if we ship the headphones overseas or somewhere on the US when claiming warranty? Thanks

As much as I know of I don't think there's an authorized Bluedio distributor in the US, and even if they do most likely they'll just send your headset back to their factory in China for maintaince. 

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #192 of 337
  Can anyone comment on the audio quality (over bluetooth) of the R+ vs the Model R? I currently have the Model R but am thinking about upgrading to the R+ if there is a substantial difference in quality. 

Both models look exactly the same, but it's a major upgrade in audio quality in R+. Of course, bass in R is already strong and it gets so much stronger in R+, and Im pretty sure Bluedio worked on its mid and high as well coz they sound exactly the same as in R (if they didnt the mid and high will be so pathetic given the bass is getting so much stronger :O ), it does sound a lot like a Beats Studio (I own both so i know :D ). That stronger bass with its Active 5.1 Surround Sound (which there's no way to turn it on or off, it's only a matter of your feeling when you hear it), makes it WICKED COOL when I watch movies with it on my iPad Mini, best for movies like Pacific Rim and Expendables, the more the explosion the better :D One thing I heard from my customers (my shop is in HongKong) is that some of them managed to open the R+'s earcup, remove the foam layer inside and put the cup back on, that reduces the bass, the mids and highs are so much better but when I try on one with Vita's "Opera No.2", the highs can get to be like screaming, if it doesnt make you deaf at least it'll give you goosebumps :D
Afterall its a good "Bass" headset, and even better price. And comparing the degree of improvement againest the price increase between R and R+, personally I think it's worth the upgrade.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #193 of 337
Hi, Since my laptop with Windows 7 did not have bluetooth, I bought a Bluetooth Adapter CSR8510 A10 so that I could play music from my Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones. The adapter's driver was successfully installed. I turned my Headphone on in Search Mode, and it was successfully discovered as as "R+" from my Control Panel->Devices and Printers -> Add a Device. But once I added this device, my windows 7 is unable to install the device driver for my bluetooth headphone R+. I tried couple of time still says - Bluetooth peripheral Device - No Drivers Found.

I am unable to connect my my Bluetooth Headphone to laptop now and unable to listen to the music. Is there anyway I can do that even though R+ drivers have not been installed successfully by my Windows 7?
Could you please help me find the device driver for this Headphone. I went to the official site also, but I was unable to locate the driver. I googled and again unsuccessful. I have been trying to find the drivers for more than a day now. Any kind of help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #194 of 337
  GOOD NEWS EVERYONE:

After a long email exchange I have obtained from a very friendly Bluedio rep both the instructions on how to enable aptX support and the software required to do the deed. Order a USB-SPI programmer and see the attached files here >> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11zmhypve7m986a/AADbcGpB9pltSB547kKDAsFga?dl=0 << !

To anyone who's worried about hunting for a suitable 5-pin microUSB b-b cable (see the discussion half a dozen pages back), it was simply a case of bad luck as the cable should be included by default, but if you like you can ask them to make sure the cable is included in the order. If you still didn't receive the cable, it's a simple 5-pin to 5-pin with no pesky crosswiring (I took the programmer apart and checked with a multimeter), so you can google for a service that sells tailormade USB cables (yes, they do exist) or you can just make one yourself. 

Oh, major PS - be extra careful with the tools, they're pretty low-level stuff and you can really mess up your headphones if you poke the wrong things in there. Windows 8 / 8.1 users will have to check this link for instructions on how to install the drivers. http://www.getdriver.com/how-to/2410/make-windows-7-drivers-work-windows-8-8-1-inf-modding.html

Cheers,
-odd

Did you try to enable the aptX support with above method? Or someone else. I really would like to now if it would really work.

Kind Regards,
DJXFMA

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #195 of 337
  Hi, Since my laptop with Windows 7 did not have bluetooth, I bought a Bluetooth Adapter CSR8510 A10 so that I could play music from my Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones. The adapter's driver was successfully installed. I turned my Headphone on in Search Mode, and it was successfully discovered as as "R+" from my Control Panel->Devices and Printers -> Add a Device. But once I added this device, my windows 7 is unable to install the device driver for my bluetooth headphone R+. I tried couple of time still says - Bluetooth peripheral Device - No Drivers Found.

I am unable to connect my my Bluetooth Headphone to laptop now and unable to listen to the music. Is there anyway I can do that even though R+ drivers have not been installed successfully by my Windows 7?
Could you please help me find the device driver for this Headphone. I went to the official site also, but I was unable to locate the driver. I googled and again unsuccessful. I have been trying to find the drivers for more than a day now. Any kind of help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

TADA!!! I present to you the solution from my local distributor
http://everbest.ftpserver.biz/Marketing/Bluedio/bluesoleil%20software.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back