Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017
Jan 12, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #61 of 327
You may want to double check that. I'm pretty sure the Sadie's amp is also 250mw. The Mofi had the 240mw amp built by Fiio. All the new headphones have amps built from the ground up by Blue. I don't know the impedance for the Sadie when amped because I don't own them, but the Ella's go from 50 in passive to 10 when amped. But these planar drivers are power hungry bastards. I'd be willing to bet that both the Mofi and Sadie will be able to play much louder in amped mode. Like I said, I still average at around 80% volume with amped mode on, on most songs.

shure, 

No it's not.......see here

Yes that is all true that the MoFi was the first and LAST Blue headphone to feature a FiiO-built amp. 

The listed impedance for the Blue MoFi, Lola and Sadie is 42 ohms, while yes, the Ella's is "50 ohms Passive; 10 ohms Active" as you stated. I see.............yeah, given what you said about planar magnetic drivers, then yes, it's quite possible the MoFi & Sadie will play louder.  

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #62 of 327

Well, if the Satellite were due in spring I'd think they'd have announced a date and price. Because they announced neither, it may be summer or fall before we see these.

Yeah. I guess it's better they don't rush it too. It should only get released when it's READY. But if they wait 'til Fall or later this year, I think they'd be in the wrong for announcing this early. I will give them the benefit of the doubt though and say summer latest. We'll see though. lol

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #63 of 327
shure, 

No it's not.......see here

Yes that is all true that the MoFi was the first and LAST Blue headphone to feature a FiiO-built amp. 

The listed impedance for the Blue MoFi, Lola and Sadie is 42 ohms, while yes, the Ella's is "50 ohms Passive; 10 ohms Active" as you stated. I see.............yeah, given what you said about planar magnetic drivers, then yes, it's quite possible the MoFi & Sadie will play louder.  

Ok my bad. You're right.

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #65 of 327
Here's some more thoughts on the Ella's. They do not hide or cover up bad mixing or recordings. If you listen to Dire Straits Brothers in Arms in lossless, you will get an ear orgasm. It's just incredible and immersive. But listen to Katy Perry from iTunes, and you will want to trade the headphones for earplugs. My 1540's can make almost anything sound decent. They do a good job of covering up flaws. These DO NOT.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #66 of 327
Here's some more thoughts on the Ella's. They do not hide or cover up bad mixing or recordings. If you listen to Dire Straits Brother in Arms in lossless, you will get an ear orgasm. It's just incredible and immersive. But listen to Katy Perry from iTunes, and you will want to trade the headphones for earplugs. My 1540's can make almost anything sound decent. They do a good job of covering up flaws. These DO NOT.

I see. Well fortunately I mostly listen to Hi-Res music these days and the mp3s I have are almost all 320 kbps, so tolerable at least. 

Great album btw (Arms) lol, although I prob only know Sultans of Swing on that one. lol

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #67 of 327
sure like to take a listen to the Ella's..

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #69 of 327
I'm going to wait for the review from Tyll over @ Innerfidelity I would really like to consider these hp's for my portable player..enjoy

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #71 of 327
Would you say that the sound isolation is similar to the V-Moda M-100?

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #73 of 327
Asking because I am trying to see if the Sadie or Ella have better isolation than it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back