Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Sep 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #137 of 1,134
with my setup (iPod 160GB + RSA Mustang) and earbud fit, i would rate PK1 vs TM7 like this:

using subwoof3r's comparison as a base/scale:

bass | mids | highs | speed

PK1: 1.5 | 3 | 2 | 2
TM7: 2.5 | 3 | 2 | 3

the mid-focused sound i get from the PK1 is quite different than what subwoof3r rates his experience with them, so it might be partly due to the pairing with a mid focused amp (RSA Mustang), but i guess we all have different ears

i am getting a good fit + seal with the TM7 + donut foams, which may explain the better bass that i'm hearing from them

compared to the PK1, i find the TM7 more balanced and therefore more enjoyable to listen to as well

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #138 of 1,134
Quote:

I haven't heard PK1 and I haven't received my TM7 that I ordered last week, but I'd like to recommend the Hisoundaudio Live. I got a second hand pair from the for sale forum here and they are better than I thought. Not as good as the Sennheiser MX980, but a definite step up from earbuds such as Yuin PK2 or Blox M2C.

Damn it danneq, Now I want the Live. How is the fit? Bigger than the yuin's, I'd bet.

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #139 of 1,134
Quote:

Damn it danneq, Now I want the Live. How is the fit? Bigger than the yuin's, I'd bet.

I'd say about as big as the Blox earbuds. Actually, the Live seem to use the same Sennheiser MX500 inspired plastic grill as the Blox. Here's what good ol' swbf2cheater had to say about them (whatever happened to him?)

Hisound knocks another one out of the park with the Live.  It has an excellent balance of quantity throughout the spectrum and boasts a nice balanced sound in comparison to any other earbuds from this company.  The bass is satisfying, ever present but not bass heavy.  It extends well, but if you are a bass head I would look into the Paa1 Pro over this.  The general sound type is something I wanted in its older and more expensive sibling: The Living.  Where the Living was bass anemic, the Live has good low end presence.  Definitely something a lot like the Blox M2C, in fact to my ears the presentation yet again ( has anyone noticed the M2C seems to be the benchmark for earbud comparisons these days...and for good reason!?) is similar to the Blox.  It has that dry neutral type flavor to it, not nearly as cold and bright as the Living, but nowhere near the warmth of the Pro.  This is middle ground to me and I enjoy it very much.

Mids are pretty great and once again make me not want to use a few other earbuds that are more expensive.  Lively, satisfying, moderately forward but noticeably less broad than something like the Blox or the CM700.  The mids are closer to the MX980 type, middle ground in height and distance, light and semi airy, not at all solid.  The highs are very similar to the mid set up, also airy, not harsh but definitely in the brighter side with good extension.  

The stage is very similar to the MX980, it is wider than it is tall, where as its brother the Living is a giant well formed box with insane depth in stage and airiness.  The Live is more down the earth, more tonally balanced and scores good ratings on width, depth and height.  It is moderately resolving with good depth in stage, more dynamic and spacious than the CM700ti, Blox and other similar buds.  Again, build quality is excellent with the almost all aluminum housing, I do have to gripe about the faceplate as its plastic and looks like the Dunu series and the Paa1 faceplate.  If the cheaper Pro can have metal grills, this should as well.  Outside of that, I've no issues with this model and its would be the go to reference model if I wanted to relax and kick back. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #140 of 1,134
Quote:
with my setup (iPod 160GB + RSA Mustang) and earbud fit, i would rate PK1 vs TM7 like this:

using subwoof3r's comparison as a base/scale:

bass | mids | highs | speed

PK1: 1.5 | 3 | 2 | 2
TM7: 2.5 | 3 | 2 | 3

the mid-focused sound i get from the PK1 is quite different than what subwoof3r rates his experience with them, so it might be partly due to the pairing with a mid focused amp (RSA Mustang), but i guess we all have different ears

i am getting a good fit + seal with the TM7 + donut foams, which may explain the better bass that i'm hearing from them

compared to the PK1, i find the TM7 more balanced and therefore more enjoyable to listen to as well

All you said is right.
I forgot to talk about speed, but I will rate them exactly like you did.
I think it's because we use different amp about PK1, since I'am using FiiO E11 for my part. Those amps have different signature so it's hard to really judge.
I'am using donut foam aswell, but I'am jalous of your ears :D because yeah I would say same, bass highly depends of each ear persons. Mine seems a bit smaller than the normal (it seems), that explain why I had to rate less bass about the TM7 than the PK1. But if I push TM7 right to my ears with my hands and hold them, I have to agree that bass are much more performing than with no hands holding. If I do same with PK1, I see no difference since they already fit perfectly into my ears.

Anyway we both agreed with the fact that it's the most enjoyable earphone versus PK1.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #141 of 1,134
Quote:

I'd say about as big as the Blox earbuds. Actually, the Live seem to use the same Sennheiser MX500 inspired plastic grill as the Blox. Here's what good ol' swbf2cheater had to say about them (whatever happened to him?)

Banned, I thought.

I never cared for his reviews that much, in all honesty.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #142 of 1,134
Yeah, I saw that. The sad thing is that now there are almost no one reviewing earbuds except for ClieOS. Even if I like to chip in with my opinion, I'm not the reviewer type.

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #144 of 1,134
Quote:
Yeah, I saw that. The sad thing is that now there are almost no one reviewing earbuds except for ClieOS. Even if I like to chip in with my opinion, I'm not the reviewer type.

Yes I agree, thing is which Chris is missing, swb was willing to buy most earbuds, if they were not given to him to try out and review. Compared to IEMS, the earbud community is very small so, I did not care for his impressions with Yuin's but through reviews like his, I was able to make a decision which was best for me.   I don't know what he was banned for but overall, it's not good for us.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #146 of 1,134
Quote:

The Hisoundaudio Live is the exact same sort of earbud as the Blox TM7 and Yuin PK1. They all have the same open design.

Just noticed they were open buds
tongue.gif
Anyways, after seeing the Live I also stumbled on Living, are the difference between them significant? I am starting to get back in the HiSoundAudio buds but I have a sour experience with one of their product

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #147 of 1,134
Quote:

Yes I agree, thing is which Chris is missing, swb was willing to buy most earbuds, if they were not given to him to try out and review. Compared to IEMS, the earbud community is very small so, I did not care for his impressions with Yuin's but through reviews like his, I was able to make a decision which was best for me.   I don't know what he was banned for but overall, it's not good for us.

well, if I had money and the ears for it, I would do it. Swb should start his own blog or something.

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #148 of 1,134
Just noticed they were open buds :p .
Anyways, after seeing the Live I also stumbled on Living, are the difference between them significant? I am starting to get back in the HiSoundAudio buds but I have a sour experience with one of their product

Don't know much about Live but Living is a very analytical sounding earbuds that also demands a warm source and good fit to sound at its best.

You should though, may be just a collection of impression over the years into a thread can still be very helpful.

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #149 of 1,134
This is sort of off topic (no more than things already are) but I would love to see more information about Danneq's vintage Sony and Aiwa earbuds. I have looked and there seems to be very few pictures/information about them and there are some seriously cool ones he owns.

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #150 of 1,134
Quote:
How are they compared to TM5?  

That is THE pair that I always wanted to own for the last months when I saw in many reviews that it seems to simply blow away all kind of existing earbuds, even the PK1.
But the problem is that blox produced very few TM5 in the world, so we need to bring here some people who already own TM5, buyed TM7 and wait for their advice.
Anyway it will be only for fun since TM5 is so hard to find nowadays and so expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back