Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Mar 3, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #812 of 1,134

The most expensive pair of IEM I have is the Sony XBA4iP ($210). It has a warm and smooth sound but a little metallic on the top end on some songs. The advantage of the Sony over the BE7: isolation, mic+buttons, build quality and looks. I have the VSonic GR07BE ($130) that is balanced with a slight tendency for sibilance. The advantage of the VSonic over BE7: Isolation and build quality. My next expensive is the Phonak Audeo PFE 132 ($100) that was discounted when they discontinued. With the gray filter it sounds mid-centric, making the vocals stand out over bass and treble. The black filter gives it a U-shaped sound making the bass and treble lively with vocals a little recessed. The PFE 132 is probably the only IEM in my collection that beats the BE7 because it has been tuned very well and has the mic+buttons. The only critique is the cord retains all the twists from storage.

The BE7 compares very well with the Sony, VSonic and Phonak. The sound is refined and well tuned. The only time I will choose the 3 over the BE7 is when I want isolation and/or a mic+button control. But I tend to grab the PFE 132 more.

The BE3 is U-shaped sounding and fun. Competes very well against my VSonic VSD1/S and VSD3. I also have the Astrotec AX35 hybrid that only sounds good with Sony hybrid tips.

Please note I have the Yurbuds enhancers on the BE7 and BE3 to keep them on my ear and to retain most of the bass that tends to diffuse out.

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply! i truly appreciate it.
the reason i asked is because currently i own the Blox Anv3se  and before that i had the yuin pk2, so you can only guess the huge amount of sound quality improvement as I got the box.
now, the thing is that i want something that has both an amazing sound quality(which is of course subjective) and a sturdy build quality that will last for long.(i dont like spending money to get myself a new pair of buds every other week), looks/mic/buttons are not my thing.
since me with my limited earbud experience do find the build quality of the Blox not to be the best on the market, i had thought perhaps theres something there in the same price and soundquality but with a better build that will last longer.
also i have talked with Woo a few months ago he told me they are coming with a 14mm  driver bud, whichcan be actually really comfortable(reminds me the ultra comfortable pk2 i had) so thatmight be interesting too.

would you reccoment the yurbuds? i saw they come in various sizes.. how can i tell which one fits my bud? (15mm driver)

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #814 of 1,134
P.S.
do they sell the yurbud enhancers also in europe? im located in germany and the german site doesnt have them.
when trying to go to the us site i get always redirected back to the german site. the only website of yurbuds i was able toaccess was in australia.
buying from amazon is way too expensive.
how do i know which enhancer size fits me ?

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #816 of 1,134
I am getting so confused with all the be's from Blox. Which one was the first released? The be7 or be5? I have them both but forgot which one is which. I just know the one released first has better bass but the one released second sounds more balanced to my ears. Thanks.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #819 of 1,134
has any1 here tried the Havi b3 Pro 1 or the Vsonic VSD3S and can compare to his Blox model?

I have the VSD3 (non-S, non-detachable cable) and it has a spike in the treble region that makes it more sibilant than the BE3. It's the only thing that's preventing me from fully loving the VSonic pair. I hear the VSD3S is a little smoother, so it may be me getting the wrong pair.

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #825 of 1,134
Do any ear buds compare w the quality of excellent over ears like the hd600 or inears like the w4? In my office, in ears are a pain to take in and out and over ears are kind of hot and annoying. I've never really examined ear buds... Any recommendations? It's a market I know nothing about... But they king of seem tough to find in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back