Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jan 19, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #796 of 1,133
Just pulled out my BE3 after a while of not using it and compared it with my old TM-7 again. Not close at all, perhaps better to compare with M2C.

It's amazing how much enjoyment one can get with good buds :)

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #797 of 1,133
  Just pulled out my BE3 after a while of not using it and compared it with my old TM-7 again. Not close at all...

Could you please elaborate? My own BE3s (mk1 & 2) are far better than my ANV3se (which are basically TM7 drivers in M2C shells) imho: clearer sound sig, larger and deeper soundstage, more accurate positioning...

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #798 of 1,133
I find the BE3 (not sure what gen, bought them a few months ago from Blox website) a little strong in the treble and thin in body.

Burn in around 60-80 hours?

Using Ak240 as source, various resolution music, mainly classical genre. The TM-7 gets the strings just right. :smile:

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #799 of 1,133
All BE3 made after last Christmas are mk2, ie with a new sound tuning (though I don't hear so much differences between them and mk1...)
And you're right: they do have a V-shape sound sig, with somewhat laidback and less forward mids than on former Blox range (M2C and ANV3).

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #800 of 1,133
Its been near 3 weeks since my order.. and i get no tracking after it left thailand

can I ask you guys how long it took you to get the package, and what area in the globe you live in? did it come in the mail? or courier knocking on your door?

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #802 of 1,133
  i was wondering to myself... do any of you posses some "high end" iems and can comment on the sound quality comparison between your both iems and whichever blox model you have?

The most expensive pair of IEM I have is the Sony XBA4iP ($210). It has a warm and smooth sound but a little metallic on the top end on some songs. The advantage of the Sony over the BE7: isolation, mic+buttons, build quality and looks. I have the VSonic GR07BE ($130) that is balanced with a slight tendency for sibilance. The advantage of the VSonic over BE7: Isolation and build quality. My next expensive is the Phonak Audeo PFE 132 ($100) that was discounted when they discontinued. With the gray filter it sounds mid-centric, making the vocals stand out over bass and treble. The black filter gives it a U-shaped sound making the bass and treble lively with vocals a little recessed. The PFE 132 is probably the only IEM in my collection that beats the BE7 because it has been tuned very well and has the mic+buttons. The only critique is the cord retains all the twists from storage.

The BE7 compares very well with the Sony, VSonic and Phonak. The sound is refined and well tuned. The only time I will choose the 3 over the BE7 is when I want isolation and/or a mic+button control. But I tend to grab the PFE 132 more.

The BE3 is U-shaped sounding and fun. Competes very well against my VSonic VSD1/S and VSD3. I also have the Astrotec AX35 hybrid that only sounds good with Sony hybrid tips.

Please note I have the Yurbuds enhancers on the BE7 and BE3 to keep them on my ear and to retain most of the bass that tends to diffuse out.

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #803 of 1,133

The most expensive pair of IEM I have is the Sony XBA4iP ($210). It has a warm and smooth sound but a little metallic on the top end on some songs. The advantage of the Sony over the BE7: isolation, mic+buttons, build quality and looks. I have the VSonic GR07BE ($130) that is balanced with a slight tendency for sibilance. The advantage of the VSonic over BE7: Isolation and build quality. My next expensive is the Phonak Audeo PFE 132 ($100) that was discounted when they discontinued. With the gray filter it sounds mid-centric, making the vocals stand out over bass and treble. The black filter gives it a U-shaped sound making the bass and treble lively with vocals a little recessed. The PFE 132 is probably the only IEM in my collection that beats the BE7 because it has been tuned very well and has the mic+buttons. The only critique is the cord retains all the twists from storage.

The BE7 compares very well with the Sony, VSonic and Phonak. The sound is refined and well tuned. The only time I will choose the 3 over the BE7 is when I want isolation and/or a mic+button control. But I tend to grab the PFE 132 more.

The BE3 is U-shaped sounding and fun. Competes very well against my VSonic VSD1/S and VSD3. I also have the Astrotec AX35 hybrid that only sounds good with Sony hybrid tips.

Please note I have the Yurbuds enhancers on the BE7 and BE3 to keep them on my ear and to retain most of the bass that tends to diffuse out.

That's the most important part.
No earbud can compete with an IEM if you want to ear the full spectrum, a seal is essential to hear good bass.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #807 of 1,133
The site Blox new arrival BE3,7. Interestingly, updated BE7, or the first revision? Does anyone know?

This is BE7mk2. It has yellow ribbon next to the splitter. i don't really know the sound difference with mk1, I listened BE7mk1 for a brief so I can't compare them at the moment. I think it is more balanced than the mk1 and might have bigger soundstage. I had them from last week shipment. Woo said he broke the tools for making BE7 coil so he have to redone and making a new one. But to me it doesn't sound that different, although I am not sure due have not been listening to BE7mk1 for a long time. HTH

This is what Woo said to me:
 "BE7 mk2 were developed to have airy and wide soundstage,to make them sound
unique.We did not try to compare both of them(mk1 and mk2) since we used
different material to produce so they will not sound similar."

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #808 of 1,133
BE7 mk1 have a clear, dry sounding, almost analytical. Their soundstage is somewhat forward and, at the same time, a little bit shallow. Can't say I love them so much...
BE7 mk2 have more impacful and extended basses. Thier sound is less thin and, above all, their soundstage has a good depth, with controlled resonances.
BE7 mk2 are currently my favorite earbuds, I don't see how Blox could produce anything better and I am waiting eagerly for their next flagship!
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #810 of 1,133
BE5 are more mid-centric, with better texture and more thickness to vocals and acoustic instruments. This is the bluesy Blox kid. ;-D
BE7 mk2 have a V shape sound sig, while BE7 mk1 have a more flatter spectrum.
So, golov17, I think you should stick to your BE5... or have a look to Jiushao E600: they are mid-centric too and warm, with a good sense of detail. ($22 on Aliexpress.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back