Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Apr 22, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #5,567 of 6,129
I'll buy it because it's Blon and I buy everything they make, 'cos I'm weird like that
Right on! Thanks for recommending the BL05S by the way! It's the best thing I've ever heard, I've been blown away.

To me it sounds so warm and bassy, with great clarity and mids, exactly what I was hoping for and then some. It's almost more bass than I even need. When I read reviews saying BL03 was warmer with more bass, I was tempted to go with that. But I'm glad I went with 05s, this is right up my alley, hot damn it rules.

For comparison, my fav to date was the Soundmagic E10. So this is quite the upgrade. I also borrowed an Ikko OH01, which is impressive but too bright for my taste, and a little much with the highs for me at times. So BL05S is the champ.

Plus this is way more comfortable, it seems those giant behemoths like the Ikko just don't really stay in my ears. It's like a skyscraper.

Couple questions, what's a good BL05S replacement cable, and where do I get it (shipped to US)? With the earloops and preferably under 25 bucks if possible. I've actually never bought a replacement cable, and in my zeal I did tear a little bit of rubber getting one of the cable sides on.

Any newbie tips for getting cables on by the way? I watched a couple youtube vids for iems in general, but this little thing is a tad slippery, and seems to require a lot of force to get the cable on.

Also, what are your favorite foam tips for these, for any foam enthusiasts?

I notice my usual T-400 equivalents like New Bee at 4-5.5mm or so feel a little loose on these. They work, but are more likely to come off.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #5,568 of 6,129
Hi, i already buy hilidac audirect beam 2. It have 2.5mm and 3.5mm output.
Pair with bl05s + nicehck litz 4n pure silver 3.5mm + spinfit 145.

Now i want buy new balance cable 2.5mm. Any recomendation?
Or i should buy nicehck litz 4n pure silver again, but with balance 2.5mm?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #5,569 of 6,129
Am a bit of a newb for iem. Just got the bl-01 and the moondrop aria.
Have a Soundmagic A30 usb C
Dac/amp dongle en route.
Before I start investing in a more expensive better portable amp option.

What is the benefit of a balanced cable?
Will the A30 Soundmagic provide enough power to drive the 2 iem I have?

If not what other small dongle amp would you recommend.

Apr 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #5,570 of 6,129
Right on! Thanks for recommending the BL05S by the way! It's the best thing I've ever heard, I've been blown away.

To me it sounds so warm and bassy, with great clarity and mids, exactly what I was hoping for and then some. It's almost more bass than I even need. When I read reviews saying BL03 was warmer with more bass, I was tempted to go with that. But I'm glad I went with 05s, this is right up my alley, hot damn it rules.

For comparison, my fav to date was the Soundmagic E10. So this is quite the upgrade. I also borrowed an Ikko OH01, which is impressive but too bright for my taste, and a little much with the highs for me at times. So BL05S is the champ.

Plus this is way more comfortable, it seems those giant behemoths like the Ikko just don't really stay in my ears. It's like a skyscraper.

Couple questions, what's a good BL05S replacement cable, and where do I get it (shipped to US)? With the earloops and preferably under 25 bucks if possible. I've actually never bought a replacement cable, and in my zeal I did tear a little bit of rubber getting one of the cable sides on.

Any newbie tips for getting cables on by the way? I watched a couple youtube vids for iems in general, but this little thing is a tad slippery, and seems to require a lot of force to get the cable on.

Also, what are your favorite foam tips for these, for any foam enthusiasts?

I notice my usual T-400 equivalents like New Bee at 4-5.5mm or so feel a little loose on these. They work, but are more likely to come off.

Glad you like the 05S. I use NiceHCK cables with my Blon IEMs, though they don't come with the cable guides. TFZ fitment is the closest to fitting the Blons, though they do stand a touch proud it's nothing compared to 2 pin or unmodified QDC. I suspect they could be made to fit perfectly but it's never bothered me enough.

Can't really help you with foam tips, but Azla Sednafits work well with all Blon IEMs that I've tried.

Apr 24, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #5,571 of 6,129
Glad you like the 05S. I use NiceHCK cables with my Blon IEMs, though they don't come with the cable guides. TFZ fitment is the closest to fitting the Blons, though they do stand a touch proud it's nothing compared to 2 pin or unmodified QDC. I suspect they could be made to fit perfectly but it's never bothered me enough.

Can't really help you with foam tips, but Azla Sednafits work well with all Blon IEMs that I've tried.
Thanks! If you get a chance, could you link me to the NiceHCK cable you use with 05S, or which kind? When you say unmodified, do I need to modify anything to get it to fit enough? And how if so? I've looked at cables but I've never bought one before, so I'm not sure what would work. A review here mentions 3.5mm 2 pin, which I thought it was, so is NiceHCK say 8 core 3.5mm 2 pin all good for BL05S? And 0.78mm?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001297423139.html?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.24ad3b0bsoBUKl

Like this one, with the second option :"3.5mm With 0.78 2Pin" selected?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #5,572 of 6,129
Specifically I use the NiceHCK C16-3 with NX7 pin. The issue with standard 2 pin is that it stands completely above the socket as the plug isn't recessed. The socket can be filed so a QDC plug fits perfectly. The NX7 is close to a perfect fit but the pins seem a little long so there is a gap of approx 0.5mm. I use NX7/TFZ connectors on all of my Blon stuff as they fit best without any modification. I'm not going to get involved in the ins and outs of cables and which sound better. Cables to me fit "sound good enough" and "don't sound good enough". A decent aftermarket cable is a decent aftermarket cable. There will be little (or more likely NO) improvement on a £100 cable over a £10 one. But both are better than the dreadful cables supplied with some low end IEMs. Buy one that looks good for a price you can afford, get on with your life.

Apr 24, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #5,573 of 6,129
Thanks! If you get a chance, could you link me to the NiceHCK cable you use with 05S, or which kind? When you say unmodified, do I need to modify anything to get it to fit enough? And how if so? I've looked at cables but I've never bought one before, so I'm not sure what would work. A review here mentions 3.5mm 2 pin, which I thought it was, so is NiceHCK say 8 core 3.5mm 2 pin all good for BL05S? And 0.78mm?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001297423139.html?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.24ad3b0bsoBUKl

Like this one, with the second option :"3.5mm With 0.78 2Pin" selected?
I will recommend this cable.
You can choose 3.5mm with 0.78 2 pin
NiceHCK LitzPS 4N Litz Pure Silver Earphone Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/NX7 Pro/QDC/0.78mm 2Pin For DB3 KXXS T4 T2 ST-10s
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr89ufr

Apr 24, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #5,574 of 6,129
I will recommend this cable.
You can choose 3.5mm with 0.78 2 pin
NiceHCK LitzPS 4N Litz Pure Silver Earphone Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/NX7 Pro/QDC/0.78mm 2Pin For DB3 KXXS T4 T2 ST-10s
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr89ufr

0.78 2 pin is the wrong plug for a Blon. Tfz or NX7 is the correct one.

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #5,575 of 6,129
0.78 2 pin is the wrong plug for a Blon. Tfz or NX7 is the correct one.
You sure? I've used 0.78 on the 05S and 01. This is what was specified on retailer websites.

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #5,576 of 6,129
You sure? I've used 0.78 on the 05S and 01. This is what was specified on retailer websites.

Truthfully of the 2 pin plugs none fit perfectly.

0.78 2 pin stands completely proud of the socket as they are have no recesses to go over the protruding socket.

QDC/KZ Para C sit completely proud as they have a recess but it is the wrong shape. You can file the corners off the protruding socket to get a perfect fit however.

TFZ/NX7 pin has a recess, it's the perfect shape for the task in hand but... The pins are too long so it still sits slightly proud. Although by half the amount the other ones do.

All three fit and work but TFZ/NX7 is the one that fits the best. 0424211928.jpg

0424211929.jpg

Edited to demonstrate what I mean, you can see in the bottom image that the recess fits over the socket safely but that there is a small gap at the bottom, as opposed to the whole thing sitting proud.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #5,578 of 6,129
Truthfully of the 2 pin plugs none fit perfectly.

0.78 2 pin stands completely proud of the socket as they are have no recesses to go over the protruding socket.

QDC/KZ Para C sit completely proud as they have a recess but it is the wrong shape. You can file the corners off the protruding socket to get a perfect fit however.

TFZ/NX7 pin has a recess, it's the perfect shape for the task in hand but... The pins are too long so it still sits slightly proud. Although by half the amount the other ones do.

All three fit and work but TFZ/NX7 is the one that fits the best.0424211928.jpg

0424211929.jpg

Edited to demonstrate what I mean, you can see in the bottom image that the recess fits over the socket safely but that there is a small gap at the bottom, as opposed to the whole thing sitting proud.
Yes, totally agree. The TFZ/NX7 connectors fit best with any BLON. They are more square than the more rounded shape of the QDC connectors. Tbth though, I hate how all these manufacturers seem to think they need to reinvent the wheel. If I could only have one; it would be a simple 2 pin that connects to the iem. No raised connector, no QDC/Paragraph C BS. Just give me a standard 2 pin or standard MMCX. Is the too effing much to ask?!

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #5,579 of 6,129
The fact that we have USB seems more than ever like a miracle, even though we're now up to USB-C for the output. We need more, simpler, interoperable interfaces, physical and electrical. Isn't that what all these people went to STEM school for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back