Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jul 21, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #3,646 of 6,129
Does anyone knows what is the exact name of the connection used on these earphones? I have a 2 pin cable, 8 core ****, very nice cable, but the two pin connection does not cover the plastic thing with rubber, like the original cable does, so, it is much easier to have them disconnected... I was wondering maybe if i buy a cables with that rubber thing around too, would be awesome for the blon bl03. thanks!!

Jul 21, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #3,647 of 6,129
Does anyone knows what is the exact name of the connection used on these earphones? I have a 2 pin cable, 8 core ****, very nice cable, but the two pin connection does not cover the plastic thing with rubber, like the original cable does, so, it is much easier to have them disconnected... I was wondering maybe if i buy a cables with that rubber thing around too, would be awesome for the blon bl03. thanks!!

It’s referred to as the NX7 or TFZ socket.

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #3,648 of 6,129
It’s referred to as the NX7 or TFZ socket.
Just note that with the BL03 and BL05, due to the length of the squared connector, the TFZ/NX7 plugs will only partly cover the connector, though it is better than nothing. Alternatively, you could sand down the edges and make it rounded to be effectively a QDC plug.

Edit: And this is a good thing, I totally blanked on the vent being there. Thanks @lgcubana, see his post below. :point_down:

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #3,649 of 6,129
I know this is the wrong place to ask, sorry 🙏 But does anyone have or know where to find a graph of the popular Panasonic RP-HJE125? I just bought them, and they kinda suck, so I would like a graph to help me equalize them

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #3,650 of 6,129
Just note that with the BL03 and BL05, due to the length of the squared connector, the TFZ/NX7 plugs will only partly cover the connector, though it is better than nothing. Alternatively, you could sand down the edges and make it rounded to be effectively a QDC plug.
I find the connection secure (with the gap) and said gap allows for the venting of the "Slater" port :ksc75smile:
Blon TFZ gap.jpg

*** NEWS FLASH ***

I discovered something about the BL-03 today, that was previously unknown by the community.

I was carefully examining the BL-03, and I noticed that there is a fully functional bass vent right at the 2-pin plug.

This bass vent can get COVERED UP and sealed when the stock cable is used (or a banned brand that makes an upgrade cable using the stock plug ends):

However, when a generic 2-pin cable is used, the bass vent is fully UNCOVERED. This is due to the way the generic cable sits on top of the stock socket.

I tested this with different cables, and sure enough there is a difference. This difference is not due to the cable itself, but rather the vent being covered vs uncovered. I think this can explain at least why some people were hearing different BL-03 tuning, the (untrue) rumors of the different colors sounding different, etc. Some people said it had too much low end, others said it was too little, etc.

You can even test this with the stock cable, by partially unplugging the stock cable so that it unseals the vent. This proves that a stock vs 'upgrade' cable is not reason, but rather the bass vent.

The BL-05 has no such bass vent, and there is significant difference in the quantity of bass between the BL-03 vs BL-05:

Sure, the BL-05 uses a different shell and newer generation of driver, which does have some influence on the difference between the BL-05 vs BL-03. But the lack of bass vent on the BL-05 is a significant contributor on the BL-05 having less low end vs the BL-03.
It's an astute observation, @Slater. But did you notice that the stock cable has a divot to avoid blocking the port? The divot aligns with the port. It's such a small port, I wouldn't be certain that it's blocked by the cable.

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #3,651 of 6,129

which is actually preferable, because you don’t want to cover up the hidden bass vent. The NX7 cable is actually ideal for the Blon :)

Jul 22, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,653 of 6,129
Blon-03 still hot or move along?
Shell colour make any sound difference?
BL03 is still quite solid for the price. And no for the latter question

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #3,655 of 6,129
Today replaced the bl-05 stock cable with a aftermarket cable with nx7 connection.
IMG_20200724_192736.jpg

Also got the 9280c audio adapter to go along.
IMG_20200724_192719.jpg

On topic of the cable : now I understand some critics on the high sounds of the bl-05. This cable makes em a bit harsher than the stock cable. Not much but just enough to cringe from time to time. Stock cable sounds more bassy Les high (conpaired with a Meizu dac or fiio m5 dap).

On topic off the 9280c dac: I like it, more and clearer detail retrieval conpaired to Meizu dac. Even my Phillips fidellio x2hr sounds more natural less bass heavy, but I can clearly hear it lacks power for this full size can.

Love the dac combined with the oh1 and bl-03. The bl-05 sound ok with the but a tat to brigt but this might well be the cable that's on there.

I'll swap the cable for a specific blon cable from they who should not be named
15956122015296113734316058152326.jpg

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #3,658 of 6,129
You mean the driver, or the inside of the housing/nozzle?

Guess inside the nozzle, my old pair looks brass too inside the nozzle.

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #3,660 of 6,129
When mesh is removed, does the BL-03 look brass colored on the inside? Or just mine?
Guess inside the nozzle, my old pair looks brass too inside the nozzle.

Ah, ok yeah that’s the driver itself. The driver body is like a golden color.

My guess was it was reflecting on the surface of the nozzle and making the nozzle look brass colored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back