Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Feb 25, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #2,626 of 6,129
My cables have a red mark on one of the pins to denote polarity, as long as they are pointing to the same direction on each earphone, the polarity will match.

What Slater said is true, and you can wear them up or down, with a straight cable. I have a 8 core Yin*** and it's a lovely cable. All I do is stick the left in my right ear and vice versa to wear it hanging down.

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #2,627 of 6,129
If the polarity of each doesn't match you'll hear that something is wrong. I had the same question when I got a MMCX cable with MMCX to 2 pin adapters. When they don't match you'll know it.

Feb 25, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #2,628 of 6,129
So what full size headphones do these sound the most like?

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #2,629 of 6,129
The really angled/cone shaped Blon tips don’t flip well, but the more rounded/olive shaped (grey) Blon tips do flip surprisingly well.

The core length on the flipped Blon tip ends up being about the same as a stock Spinfit CP100 core, which will be long enough to not need spacers for some (but not all) people.

Do take care and be very careful when flipping the stock Blon tips inside out. The skirt is a really thin silicone, and could tear or puncture easily.

IMO flipping the stock rounded Blon tips still doesn’t work as well as the Starline tips. The Starline tips are tougher/thicker (so they flip easier), and the core (when flipped) is even longer (which definitely allows it to fit with no spacers for pretty much everyone on the planet).

Starline tips come with most KZ models, and are available by themselves on Aliexpress for less than a buck. So if you don’t already have a set, do yourself a favor and pick up a set or 2. Starlines are one of my favorite tips (as-is not flipped). And they work awesome when flipped. So it is one of the best tips for every HeadFier to have in their inventory.
Flipped my BLONs this morning and love it! Gonna pickup a straight cable or remove the heat-shrink off the stock. Thanks for the recommendation!

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2,630 of 6,129
So what full size headphones do these sound the most like?

From memory: Fostex biodynamics, though they had a lot more sub-bass. But the timbre and tonality/fun-factor definitely is on a similar scale.

Feb 26, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #2,631 of 6,129
I thought that if you swap L/R, you will get reverse polarity issues and have the two IEM's be out of phase?
https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

I ordered these with hope of using them cable down..

Nope, you would still plug them in the same way. The only difference when wearing them down is that you:

- plug the R cable into the L earpiece and wear it inyour R ear
- plug the L cable into the R earpiece and wear it in your L ear

In other words, you’re just plugging the cable into the opposite earpiece.

Out of phase would be if you flipped ONE of the cables around 180 degrees such that the - and + are reversed. But on 1 side only. That would make them out of phase.

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2,632 of 6,129
I'm liking these more than I should be. I bought my BL03 to be a replacement for the Samsung Galaxy Buds for when I need something portable. But here I am again, sitting at home where I could be using my HD650, Q701, or K371, but instead have the BL03's in my ears plugged into my ES100.

With a small amount of EQ in the mid-bass region these really are perfect for my tastes. A nice fun sub-bass, good mid-bass(with EQ), great mids, and a great sparkly treble. Plenty of detail and clarity, but still fun to listen to. Still can't believe these are only $35.

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #2,633 of 6,129
Stock Cable or Snake Skin mod...
Removed the shaping plastic from the stock BLON cable. Made a huge difference in fit and doesn’t pull.
image.jpg

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #2,634 of 6,129
Removed the shaping plastic from the stock BLON cable. Made a huge difference in fit and doesn’t pull.
image.jpg

Those scissors are ideal for removing the ear guides too. Small, sharp, and pointy blades.

Feb 29, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #2,635 of 6,129
So now that my Cardinals are fixed, I have been able to finally listen to them for the 1st time tonight.

Why Blon stopped making these is beyond me. They could sell these like hot cakes!

They’re soooo comfortable, and solve all of the fit issues that people had with the BL-03 had.

I’d buy a 2nd pair in a second if they were available.

How much were the Cardinals when they were for sale?

Mar 6, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #2,638 of 6,129
So I've had my 03's for about three weeks now. I purchased them with the Tripowin C-8 cable. I received the version that came with the fake SpinFit tips so I installed those and the new cable. I gave them an initial listen and decided to run them in loop for a few days to let the changes happen.
Next I went through all the tips included and the fake SpinFits seemed the best, but they wouldn't stay put. I tried different foams, SpinFit CP500's and Spiral Dots. None of them did it for me. I did like the way the Spiral Dots presented the music but it still wasn't quite right. Comparing them all I realized that the bigger the opening at the tip the more I liked them. As the end of the tips got bigger it seemed like the high end was opening up more and more. Yup the Spiral Dots were the biggest.

Then I really started researching different tips by reading what people were using on here and looking them up online and reading manufacturers info and reviews. I found a post from DymamicEars about Azla SendaEarfit tips. Those things have the biggest bore I found and they extend out a bit more than normal. I thought that might kill two birds with one stone so I ordered them. They have solved my problem of fitment and they presented the music in a way that is very much to my liking. They seem, unmuffled and unrestrained. That was it, I was now enjoying the music with this IEM.

One week later and I was researching different cables. I found a post of someone saying the Tripowin C-8 cable that Zeos and some other people recommend isn't that great. I started researching reasonably priced cables and eventually purchased this cable https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-Rep...734C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1
In the listing It says TRN 16 Cores Silver Plated Wire. In other areas of the listing it says the brand is INKECI??? Confusion sets in.
Now that I have it in my hands it doesn't say TRN anywhere on it. The cable itself looks just like what's pictured however the connectors and chin slider are clear not black. The plug and splitter are silver with fake carbon in the middle. IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY NAME ON IT, I'll let you guess who makes it because I sure don't know.
Since I had it I thought I might as well try it.

I swapped it over and wow did the bass and mids ever come alive. It seems to play "a little" louder with the same volume setting and be much more engaging. The overall sound seems to be clearer as well.
Two things are off compared to the Tripowin C-8, some would say they're the same thing. One is the very high frequencies, the other is that it seems to give just a touch less openness and air.
From the improvements it made to Neil Peart (on skins) and Greedy Lee (on bass) while listening to YYZ, WOW!
I'm staying with this cable..... for now.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #2,639 of 6,129
image.jpg

Funny thing, I really dislike the B03 with the Calyx-M. Out of all the IEMs I own, it's the only one I don't like with the C-M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back