Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 2, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #602 of 6,129
you actually don't need to replace the cable. it's definitely a cheap cable, but it still sounds fine. the complaints are over the awkward fit and I guess the cheap quality.
Tips absolutely do need to be replaced. You'll get a ton of different answers on this. I tip rolled with narrow bore silicon, wide bore silicon (including the "famous" spiral dots), and foams of various shapes & sizes. My personal favorite of all I tried are the comply TS-200, which are a wide bore foam tip effectively shaped like a spiral dot. Excellent tight bass response, with a smooth roll-off in the upper-mid range (L shaped signature). If you get a good seal with those tips you should have no complaints of lack of bass or fatiguing highs. Every silicon tip I tried thinned the bass too much for my liking but YMMV.
I will purchase earbuds on Aliexpress and I do not wanna spend more than $5 on a tips...

I just found these but I don't know if you know anything better.

Thanks anyway!

Stock cable is fine unless you have fit issues. Try it first. I find the bass response to be very uneven and bloated with all but Sony MH755 tips at around £5 with a free pair of IEM included.
Do you have a buy link?

*EDIT: I just discovered PenonAudio has free shipping worlwide :) so what do you think about these?

1, 2 , 3

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #603 of 6,129
i just made some tests, i was sure that one of my 4 units is brighter sounding than the others (unit variation), it turned out it was from the cable, the Lyre acustics cable gives them cleaner profile, i just tested the Moondrop Kanas with that cable and the other Blons, it gives them brighter cleaner tone, have no idea why, impedance or something but for all that time it was from the cable, all 4 units sound the same from that cable
i need more of those cables because the Kanas sound much improved, but the cable is 40$ on penon, i bit pricey
I'll be going for that cable then :wink: since I was looking for a cable with that color. Found one local store that sell it as well.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #604 of 6,129
It's amusing to me that people swarmed the Semkarch CNT-1 at $35 and maybe $40 because it was out of production, but won't pay $30 for the incredibly underpriced BLON BL03 until it goes on sale for 26.78

Nov 2, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #605 of 6,129
My driams just came true. This little iem is a game changer. Seriously, what a great oppoty to be in the hobby right now. Only listened for a few hours, but I'm already enjoying them as much as my KPE and T800. Gonna letmusicburn for a while and see if the sound improves. Blon has spoiled us all. Thanks to @FastAndClean once again for another amazing find

IMG_20191102_204824.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #608 of 6,129
Totally agree. I use the large JVC spiral dots although I have made a very shallow spacer, from another tip canal, just to get a more solid seal. Good IEM + good tip + good cable = bliss

Same here, even though the JVC is stable enough without spacers, it's better with one. I bought this box of assorted O rings.

karet-o-ring-rubber-tightening-225pcs-black-2.jpg

It's also useful to use on mmcx connectors to reduce spinning that i use it on almost all of my mmcx earphones.

20191102_205157-01.jpeg

Nov 2, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #610 of 6,129
It's also useful to use on mmcx connectors to reduce spinning that i use it on almost all of my mmcx earphones.

That is a great idea! I had never seen that before.

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #611 of 6,129
i just made some tests, i was sure that one of my 4 units is brighter sounding than the others (unit variation), it turned out it was from the cable, the Lyre acustics cable gives them cleaner profile, i just tested the Moondrop Kanas with that cable and the other Blons, it gives them brighter cleaner tone, have no idea why, impedance or something but for all that time it was from the cable, all 4 units sound the same from that cable
i need more of those cables because the Kanas sound much improved, but the cable is 40$ on penon, i bit pricey
Wait, is there any sibilance when it got brighter?

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #613 of 6,129
Same here, even though the JVC is stable enough without spacers, it's better with one. I bought this box of assorted O rings.

[]

Wow that is some spacer collection. I just used a Stanley Knife (in UK very sharp knife) and cut a rather clumsy spacer..not that well. Where do you get those spacers?

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #615 of 6,129
I would get 2 of those cable if it was cheaper :frowning2:. Looks beautiful to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back