Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 2, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #616 of 6,129
Airy? Could you explain a bit to me what it meant? I'm still newb so couldn't really understand that meaning
it has more mid and upper treble, less mid bass, that makes them more spacious and with cleaner tonality compared to the pure copper cable that i was using before with them

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #618 of 6,129
it has more mid and upper treble, less mid bass, that makes them more spacious and with cleaner tonality compared to the pure copper cable that i was using before with them
I see... let me try myself then. Thanks for the info

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #620 of 6,129
haha yes, and the BL03 is better than CNT1

I understand how people can think that, but I personally disagree. CNT has more bass quantity(which I prefer for bass heavy genres) and the bass quality is also better. Much improved bass details with CNT. I also much prefer the treble of the CNT to BL-03. CNT has wider, taller and deeper stage. Its also less congested. Its also lighter, more comfortable, built better and isolates much better then BL-03. I can wear them 10 hours straight at work without ever even noticing that they are in my ears. Cant even take my Blons to work because isolation is rather bad.

Blon has cleaner more natural mids then CNT and female vocals are a bit more right but that's about it. If listening to Hip Hop, Reggae, Dub Step, Synth Wave, DanceHall, Trap, Glitch, ect then CNT is a much better IEM then Blon IMO.

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #621 of 6,129
Sound so great!
Yet, we are still to see any graphs comparing how cables can really make a difference...
Considering that many like to make graphs, it is really one of deep HiFi mysteries :)

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #623 of 6,129
Nov 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #624 of 6,129
That is a great idea! I had never seen that before.

actually there was a product that do exactly like that (for the life of me i can't remember the name and i can't find it again with Google). but it was expensive for what it was.. basically just a piece of plastic/rubber.
this solution with the o rings does the same thing with much cheaper price

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #625 of 6,129
its a mystery to me but the difference is noticeable right away, not only with the Blon but the Kanas also
Yes, the mysteries :)
My BL-03 is the best with what I call "Christmas" 16-core cable - nice red and green interweaved on silver. My psychoacoustic observations are that cable materials matter less compared to cable colours :)

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #627 of 6,129
Just got my blon 03 today! I’ve put on a kz upgrade cable using the hairdryer technique and cut up a couple of inserts from a couple of small kz starline tips to act as spacers. Using kz foams at the moment.

Bass is strong to say the least! Enjoying them so far!

Nov 2, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #629 of 6,129
"Best in the world" is the "lefty" to me :)
Enjoyment is always great!

Nov 2, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #630 of 6,129
I'll just leave this here: graph (26).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back