Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #1,232 of 6,129
Then there is the fearless audio stellar... So many iems so little money....

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #1,233 of 6,129
Anyone getting the tin hifi t4 or maybe waiting for blon 03 mk2?

I'll give the Tin HIFI T4 a miss as it is not basshead enough for me. But I think for those who want a neutral/slightly bright set, it looks quite good.

There's no news yet on the BLON MK2 release date, though it should be end of the year according to Otto's blog. And we're not sure yet how the tuning is gonna turn out. I'm very happy with the BLON MK1 and Cardinal, will also likely give MK2 a miss. There's always gonna be a new CHIFI hypetrain round the corner LOL.

More interested in the Fearless Stellar and maybe Moondrop Starfield and KBear Diamond.

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #1,234 of 6,129
I'll give the Tin HIFI T4 a miss as it is not basshead enough for me. But I think for those who want a neutral/slightly bright set, it looks quite good.

There's no news yet on the BLON MK2 release date, though it should be end of the year according to Otto's blog. And we're not sure yet how the tuning is gonna turn out. I'm very happy with the BLON MK1 and Cardinal, will also likely give MK2 a miss. There's always gonna be a new CHIFI hypetrain round the corner LOL.

More interested in the Fearless Stellar and maybe Moondrop Starfield and KBear Diamond.
Moondrop Starfield definitely look promising & beautiful looking as heck.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #1,235 of 6,129
My Blons arrived! As did my AZLA tips!

And I'm working out of town and won't be home until Thursday night.

That is only tomorrow:) Surely you have something with you that you can use in the meantime... lol. We are so spoiled.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,236 of 6,129
That is only tomorrow:) Surely you have something with you that you can use in the meantime... lol. We are so spoiled.

I have two gigs and 5 hours of driving between now and then! And I'm producing a record during the days (the gigs are at night).

It may be tomorrow night but there's a lot of things happening between now and then!

But yes, I have my trusty A4s and a few other random bits... The USB C samsung akgs, ZSTs, some Creative branded earbuds, some DZAT iems. Umm... AudioTechnica cans..

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #1,237 of 6,129
I have two gigs and 5 hours of driving between now and then! And I'm producing a record during the days (the gigs are at night).

It may be tomorrow night but there's a lot of things happening between now and then!

But yes, I have my trusty A4s and a few other random bits... The USB C samsung akgs, ZSTs, some Creative branded earbuds, some DZAT iems. Umm... AudioTechnica cans..

Sounds like you need a holiday at home lying on the sofa listening to stuff.

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #1,238 of 6,129
Sounds like you need a holiday at home lying on the sofa listening to stuff.
I agree. Still this is my office today so not too bad.

20191120_143107.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,239 of 6,129
Anyone getting the tin hifi t4 or maybe waiting for blon 03 mk2?

My T4 has been shipped, so I'll probably be one of the first ones with the BLONs and T4 at the same time. So far all the impressions have looked pretty positive, I'm looking forward to it.

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,240 of 6,129
My T4 has been shipped, so I'll probably be one of the first ones with the BLONs and T4 at the same time. So far all the impressions have looked pretty positive, I'm looking forward to it.
estimated time on arrival?

Nov 20, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #1,241 of 6,129
Just got the BL-03 today. Out of the box, I was very surprised to get a pretty good fit with stock cable and tips (sorry for the poor picture resolution):

IMG_20191120_201115.jpg

I have a secure fit and the cable holds in place. It remains a below average cable and needs replacement. A Null Audio cable should arrive on Friday and replace the stock one. I also experimented with tips. Here are my observations so far:

- Spiral Dots M and L: No proper fit, sound also is too thin. Bad pairing for my ears and musical taste.
- Double Flange from Custom Arts: Fit is not optimal, but the IEM remains in place. The sound here is too thin as well, bass has weak impact. Not recommended.
- Foam tips from Comply: I don't use foam tips anymore, because it muddies the sound on almost every IEMs I owned or tried. But you never know, it might have been the exception. Unfortunately not for me...
- Final E tips: Fit is good, but it closed the sound in too much.

Before o-rings arrive, I found 3 pairing that allow a good fit and are great sounding to me:

- Stock: they do the job, no complaints, sound is really nice. Impactful bass, good mids and smooth highs. I am impressed.
- Sony triple-comfort size S: These tips came with the Sony N3. They offer a good fit. The stem is tight and doesn't slide. The sound is as good as with the stock tips:

IMG_20191120_210837.jpg

- Final clear silicon E-tips, size SS: Stiffer than the standard Final E-tips, the clear version has very tight stem, which prevents the tip to slide. I don't think the o-ring will add something here. Let's see... The sounds improves, bass has same impact as with the stock/sony tips, but tightens slightly. Mids are full and listening to vocalists is very pleasant. The highs are smooth, no harshness or sibilance detected (I am treble sensitive):

IMG_20191120_210114.jpg

At the moment, with clear Final E-tips and stock cable, I am impressed with the BL-03. I understand the hype around that IEM, it's well deserved. Not only because of its price. It sounds awesome!

Compared to my others budget IEMs, the VE Bonus IE and the Final E1000, the BL-03 clearly offers more, musically speaking. It is more balanced than the BIE, with a cleaner bass and better mids. The E1000 is a very nice offering at USD 30.-, but it lacks a bit of bass and its sounds, while being natural and enjoyable, is too inoffensive.

Sound comparison have been made with my smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and the Dethonray DTR1 DAP.

Next steps:
- Waiting for the Null Audio Arete MKIV cable to arrive
- Messing with o-rings, just to see what it brings in terms of comfort
- Waiting for the Blon Cardinal to arrive and compare it to its little brother

Completely taken by surprise today. I had expectations and they are (more than) fulfilled so far.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #1,242 of 6,129
Just got the BL-03 today. Out of the box, I was very surprised to get a pretty good fit with stock cable and tips (sorry for the poor picture resolution):

I have a secure fit and the cable holds in place. It remains a below average cable and needs replacement. A Null Audio cable should arrive on Friday and replace the stock one. I also experimented with tips. Here are my observations so far:

- Spiral Dots M and L: No proper fit, sound also is too thin. Bad pairing for my ears and musical taste.
- Double Flange from Custom Arts: Fit is not optimal, but the IEM remains in place. The sound here is too thin as well, bass has weak impact. Not recommended.
- Foam tips from Comply: I don't use foam tips anymore, because it muddies the sound on almost every IEMs I owned or tried. But you never know, it might have been the exception. Unfortunately not for me...

Before o-rings arrive, I found 3 pairing that allow a good fit and are great sounding to me:

- Stock: they do the job, no complaints, sound is really nice. Impactful bass, good mids and smooth highs. I am impressed.
- Sony triple-comfort size S: These tips came with the Sony N3. They offer a good fit. The stem is tight and doesn't slide. The sound is as good as with the stock tips:

- Final clear silicon E-tips, size SS: Stiffer than the standard Final E-tips, the clear version has very tight stem, which prevents the tip to slide. I don't think the o-ring will add something here. Let's see... The sounds improves, bass has same impact as with the stock/sony tips, but tightens slightly. Mids are full and listening to vocalists is very pleasant. The highs are smooth, no harshness or sibilance detected (I am treble sensitive):

At the moment, with clear Final E-tips and stock cable, I am impressed with the BL-03. I understand the hype around that IEM, it's well deserved. Not only because of its price. It sounds awesome!

Compared to my others budget IEMs, the VE Bonus IE and the Final E1000, the BL-03 clearly offers more, musically speaking. It is more balanced than the BIE, with a cleaner bass and better mids. The E1000 is a very nice offering at USD 30.-, but it lacks a bit of bass and its sounds, while being natural and enjoyable, is too inoffensive.

Sound comparison have been made with my smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and the Dethonray DTR1 DAP.

Next steps:

Completely taken by surprise today. I had expectations and they are (more than) fulfilled so far.

Nice impressions. U are one of the chosen few to have a good fit with the stock tips!! Try amping the BL-03. It really scales better in dynamics and details with amping, plus the bass tightens up a lot after amping. Despite specs on paper, the BL-03 is rather power hungry, and won't sound as good as from a smartphone. I'm not sure how much power the Dethonray DAP can give, but I would suspect the Note 7 won't be doing proper justice to the sound on the BL-03, though it is still drivable.

Also looking forward to your impressions with the BLON Cardinal!

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #1,244 of 6,129

Next steps:

I highly recommend giving EPro Horn-Shaped tips a try. BL03 sounds great with those. The material they use is extremely soft. Very comfy!

The only thing needs to concern is that they only came with size S,M,L. There's no between size.(size M and L difference are huge)

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #1,245 of 6,129
estimated time on arrival?

The tracking does not show exactly when it is to be expected, however it shows that it was just "handed to airline facility" which I assume means it's still in China.
I will not be home until 8-December anyways, even if it arrives beforehand.
I expect similar times as aliexpress though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back