Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 21, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #1,261 of 6,129
Yeah after reading here about "tip rolling" i started completing my eartip library: have some CP100s, CP145, Symbio Ws, some generic silicone and foam tips, ordered spiraldots on penon should i like them wil try Dots++

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #1,262 of 6,129
The DTR1 is a very powerful DAP, I don't have to push it too far in order to get high volume and clean sound. It is a fantastic pairing actually.
Was thinking which DAP to buy Dethonray DTR1 or QLS QA361 or Lotoo PAW5000 MK2 as i don't like touchscreen-android based daps. Although Fiio M11 Pro should have been best bang for a buck - ulltra-all-in-one. Kinda offtopic here

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #1,264 of 6,129
hey guys im new here and really interested in buying the blon bl03 after all the great reviews here.. but it seems like im confused with the whole thing.. and sorry if i sound nooby but the more i read the more i get confused!! i take it that the blon bl03 itself is amazing!! but need a replacement cable and tips!! but i couldnt find a consensus on what is the best replacement tips and cable for them...

i am a fan of comply tips but i heard that comply don't do well with these iems and also most of the cables i saw recommended has ear guard so that the iems are meant to be worn cable up around the ears as the original cable... but i do prefer to wear iems cable down.. does anyone have any recommendation on the best cable replacement to wear cable down on these iems.. and the best tips for them? im excited to give them a go

and guys im a noob so please do spare my head and forgive me to asking noobish question.. but how do bl-03 compare to other dynamic driver iems such as sennheiser ie800 and ie400pro and ie500 pro?
Anecdotally, it seems like blon may be shipping two batches of cables. Some are fine, and others are terrible. I got lucky but have heard 50/50 complaints and praise.

I'd say don't order a new cable until you try the stock one.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,265 of 6,129
Anecdotally, it seems like blon may be shipping two batches of câbles. Some are fine, and others are terrible. I got lucky but have heard 50/50 complaints and praise.
This makes sense to me.
Some people like the stock cables so much that they are offended when someone asks about buying better cables.
This is a very childish response.
If someone wants to buy better cables, and you don't, there's no reason to get bent out of shape.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #1,266 of 6,129
Was thinking which DAP to buy Dethonray DTR1 or QLS QA361 or Lotoo PAW5000 MK2 as i don't like touchscreen-android based daps. Although Fiio M11 Pro should have been best bang for a buck - ulltra-all-in-one. Kinda offtopic here
I PMed you

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #1,267 of 6,129
Imagine me on 1 october ordered Blons with some spare KZ starlines, TRN generic foam and silicone tips! Stil didn't arrived yet :frowning2: Probably lost somewhere on the way. It's like a torture reading all these comments on how "blons sounds killer" and not being able to try them myself for almost 2 months...

786F9AB6-7DD8-44B1-8CF5-5513C1D38345.jpeg

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,268 of 6,129
AK Audio Store on Ali. They said tracking info wasn't updated so i have to wait more time, while in fact chinese text on tracking web says that package has been returned 11.11 to Shenzhen international mail exchange bureau because of security checks. IDK what that means. No new tracking numbers provided.

I ordered them from AK audio on 11.11 and they arrived yesterday! Missed delivery so had to fetch them today! You just got unlucky this time.
When you get them, definitely change tips for something which has a larger mushroom shape. Stock tips are ridiculous.
First 30 mins impressions: bass is thunderous. Was not expecting this compared to IT01 even though I was told so. Not in a bad way. Nice soundstage. For the price paid, definitely good first impressions.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #1,269 of 6,129
I think thats the joke right?

No thats no joke that is marketing a product

I ordered them from AK audio on 11.11 and they arrived yesterday! Missed delivery so had to fetch them today! You just got unlucky this time.
When you get them, definitely change tips for something which has a larger mushroom shape. Stock tips are ridiculous.
First 30 mins impressions: bass is thunderous. Was not expecting this compared to IT01 even though I was told so. Not in a bad way. Nice soundstage. For the price paid, definitely good first impressions.
Mine stuck in customs since 18.11

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,270 of 6,129
It depends on ear shapes and ear canal.

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #1,271 of 6,129
It depends on ear shapes and ear canal.
The stock tip that was on the blon are long and thin, which will mostly create a seal for people who use S size tips. They are out of the ordinary is what I meant.
They could have fitted a larger size tip which would correspond to the norm in terms of diameter, and have the length for a deep insertion.

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,272 of 6,129
The stock tip that was on the blon are long and thin, which will mostly create a seal for people who use S size tips. They are out of the ordinary is what I meant.
They could have fitted a larger size tip which would correspond to the norm in terms of diameter, and have the length for a deep insertion.
You are much more specific now. I never heard about "a norm" when it comes to ear canal diameter, but you seem to be well informed and maybe you are right.

Getting a very tight fit with the BL-03 seems difficult to achieve in any case, maybe because the BL-03 is not meant to be deep inserted. In my opinion and short experience with this IEM, getting a "secure" fit is enough and it makes the BL-03 sound as intended by the manufacturer (maybe). Listened to it 6 hours in a row today. Very good and inconventional IEM.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #1,274 of 6,129
can the blon-03 be compared to high end iems such as ie800, ie500 pro, er4xr, shure se425? since i have never seen the blon bl-03 been compared to these iems

It's certainly better than the Shure SE425 (IMO). I haven't heard the others you listed here. I could compare to the Audeze iSine 20; the Blon is not that far off in tuning. They don't necessarily sound alike per se, but fans of a warmer or darker sound will enjoy both. However, the Blon does not have the technical performance (detail, speed, imaging, soundstage, etc.) I can also compare to the Massdrop Plus, although I haven't listened to that one side by side with the Blon. But from memory, the Plus is more neutral in tuning and much more detailed.

Nov 21, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #1,275 of 6,129
Blon has landed.

First impressions are wildly positive.

The cable is... Cheap... The stock tips are meh... And the nozzle is short.

But.

The AZLA tips are astounding! Best tips I've ever tried!

The combo is immediately impressive.

And for 30 euro.... Wow!

Colour me impressed.

20191122_015826.jpg
20191122_015920.jpg
20191122_015900.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back