Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 18, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,216 of 6,129
I'm not judging. For what they cost you'd be silly not to. MH755s that is. Kebabs are variable in quality.

Nov 18, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,217 of 6,129
Did Blon manufacture this driver themselves or which brand is it?

Is it manufactured by themselves or which company manufactures CNT Drivers?

I wouldn’t really stress too much about it, friend.

If you know anything about Chinese manufacturing:

1. the entire earphone could be ODM’d by someone else (like TFZ).
2. They could be drivers made in a random generic driver factory.
3. Drivers sourced from a Shenzhen middleman supplier, made by a factory unknown to the buyer (as in the case of parts bought based on ‘spec’ only).
4. Drivers made by a temporary fly-by-night factory (which does happen a lot).
5. The drivers could be custom contracted out to a specialized driver company (which there’s loads of them in China)
6. It could be custom-made using imported diaphragms/voice coils but merely assembled at a factory in China, etc.
7. It could even be more than 1 driver factory or supplier, as is the case with the KB Ear F1.

You’ll honestly never really know for certain.

Who actually manufactures the exhaust camshafts used in the Ford Mustang? It’s not Ford, but rather some other supplier (or even suppliers as in plural). Who knows, who cares? Individual suppliers are often carefully held company secrets, which cuts down on competition.

I would just concentrate on enjoying them :)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,218 of 6,129
I wouldn’t really stress too much about it, friend.

If you know anything about Chinese manufacturing:

1. the entire earphone could be ODM’d by someone else (like TFZ).
2. They could be drivers made in a random generic driver factory.
3. Drivers sourced in Shenzhen but made by an unknown factory (parts bought based on ‘spec’ only).
4. Drivers made by a temporary fly-by-night factory (which does happen a lot).
5. The drivers could be custom contracted out to a specialized driver company (which there’s loads of them in China)
6. It could be custom-made using imported diaphragms/voice coils but assembled at a factory in China, etc.
7. It could even be more than 1 driver factory or supplier, as was the case with the KB Ear F1.

You’ll honestly never really know for certain.

Who actually manufactures the exhaust camshafts used in the Ford Mustang? It’s not Ford, but rather some other supplier (or even suppliers as in plural). Who knows, who cares? Individual suppliers are often carefully held company secrets, which cuts down on competition.

I would just concentrate on enjoying them :)
Thanks for at least acknowledging my question(s) :).

One of reasons for asking this is to know if there is some sort of standardization or well known manufacturer that one can look for in comparable models. If we were talking about B.A drivers most would probably mention Knowles as a recognizable brand. I haven't really found an equivalent for D.D and certainly not for CNT D.D (I'm quite new to the world of IEMs but eager to learn more).

Maybe you're right, it could be an industry secret to keep competitors out, but from my understanding one would still need the tuning expertise even if a competitor were to get their hands on the exact same material for their own single D.D-setup

Anyway I made my purchase on 11.11 and I'm currently waiting for the shipment to arrive (along with a new set of T3 to compare) :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,219 of 6,129
Just got my Blon 03. Paired with the Tripowin C8 cable and plugged to my ZX300 balanced output these sound pretty decent. So far so good, for 13.56$ these were a steal.

Fit with the L sized Spiral Dot + tips is fantastic though. I take it back, fit is good but the low end sounds bloated with the Spiral Dots. These really need foam tips. Crystalline Audio or Dekoni Bulletz Mercury so far are the ones I prefer.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #1,220 of 6,129
Just got my Blon 03. Paired with the Tripowin C8 cable and plugged to my ZX300 balanced output these sound pretty decent. So far so good, for 13.56$ these were a steal.

Fit with the L sized Spiral Dot + tips is fantastic though. I take it back, fit is good but the low end sounds bloated with the Spiral Dots. These really need foam tips. Crystalline Audio or Dekoni Bullets Mercury so far are the ones I prefer.

Speaking of cables, I bought a C8 cable from another company. The sound seems very good and I like the cable, but the fit on 1 side is nice and tight, while on the other side the BLON actually detached somehow this morning accidentally. It does fit and stay on, but it's not as tight. Is this likely an issue with the cable, the BLON, or ? I am thinking that if i separate the prongs on the cable a little more, very slightly, then when I insert them into the BLON it'll be a tighter fit and fix the issue. If thats a horrendous solution to this problem or if there's a better way to improve the situation, someone please let me know :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,221 of 6,129
Speaking of cables, I bought a C8 cable from another company. The sound seems very good and I like the cable, but the fit on 1 side is nice and tight, while on the other side the BLON actually detached somehow this morning accidentally. It does fit and stay on, but it's not as tight. Is this likely an issue with the cable, the BLON, or ? I am thinking that if i separate the prongs on the cable a little more, very slightly, then when I insert them into the BLON it'll be a tighter fit and fix the issue. If thats a horrendous solution to this problem or if there's a better way to improve the situation, someone please let me know :)
I think it's the best solution. I had several pairs of KZ IEMs, at some point the ZS6 cable died on me and I did not want to wait half a month to get a new one from China so used ZST cable that did not fit as the original one so I had to bend the pins slightly. Be careful!

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #1,222 of 6,129
Crystalline Audio or Dekoni Bullets Mercury so far are the ones I prefer.

Are these 2 brands above a step up in quality compared to the following ones (and is one better than the other, crystalline or dekoni?)

I see the following ones being sold under a few different names... at least I think I do, they look like clones of each other to me. I wonder if the 2 above are better. The ones below are cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...rd_r=HXXDRR2AAA0W2FH1JHZ6&qid=1574177421&th=1

for example

https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-FEY...ips+feych&qid=1574177906&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,223 of 6,129
Never tried those, sorry. Foam tips tend to all look very similar in pictures. It's only when you get them that you notice the differences in colour, texture, rigidity and, obviously, sound.

EDIT: Haven't stopped listening to the Blon yet... these sound really good. So musical...

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #1,224 of 6,129
1574180056915..jpg

Nov 19, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #1,225 of 6,129
Does the nx7 like plug fit the oppoty ?

Nov 19, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #1,227 of 6,129
I have the Tripowin cable because I have the mmcx version on my Tin Hifi P1.

It is nice. First of all it gives a really solid connection if you got mmcx iems. Even my loose Shuoer Tape were more solidly held in place.

The material is extremely soft and does not hold any kinks. The only downside to this cable is the weave is not tight, so the individual cables can spread away from each other.

Also the silver plating with this special soft cabling, can look dirty.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #1,228 of 6,129
My Blons arrived! As did my AZLA tips!

And I'm working out of town and won't be home until Thursday night.

loudly-crying-face.png

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #1,230 of 6,129
Anyone getting the tin hifi t4 or maybe waiting for blon 03 mk2?
I'll get the mkii if reviews are good and I like the mki.

Or maybe I'll just wait for the Cardinal mkii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back