Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #932 of 6,129
These Blons are quite basshead IEMs. They can handle LG G7's AUX mode maximum volume levels without distorting. Even planar Sundaras distorted with it. Interesting IEMs. These are basically ear subwoofers. Even with 10dB boosted bass and everything else lowered by 10dB these don't distort. Like at all. And even at loud levels they exhibit good control. I guess not many IEMs or headphones can do this.

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #933 of 6,129
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #934 of 6,129
These Blons are quite basshead IEMs. They can handle LG G7's AUX mode maximum volume levels without distorting. Even planar Sundaras distorted with it. Interesting IEMs. These are basically ear subwoofers. Even with 10dB boosted bass and everything else lowered by 10dB these don't distort. Like at all. And even at loud levels they exhibit good control. I guess not many IEMs or headphones can do this.
the driver inside is very special

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #938 of 6,129

Yep. I keep telling people they can be basshead iems for sure.
And I think I got the flat subbass unit, since it does rumble quite a lot. Which is nice.

I know crinacles units were apparently not good but I haven't seen or heard any other verified bad sets. All Im saying is I don't think this is like a Blon raffle and only some folks get a good pair. I have 4 pairs now and they all sound the same. I was worried at first because of crinacles posts but not anymore.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #939 of 6,129
Yep. I keep telling people they can be basshead iems for sure.

I know crinacles units where apparently not good but I haven't seen or heard any other verified bad sets. All Im saying is I don't think this is like a Blon raffle and only some folks get a good pair. I have 4 pairs now and they all sound the same. I was worried at first because of crinacles posts but not anymore.

Yeah. I guess that there is a chance of getting a defective pair, but a very small one. And Crinacle got unlucky. Otherwise, Blons are such a great pair of IEMs, especially at $33 I paid for them. Their bass is great, mids as well, and the highs have a nice spark to them without ever being sibilant. The only actual issue with them is that they are not as detailed as some other cheap Chi-Fi IEMs.

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #940 of 6,129
Yeah. I guess that there is a chance of getting a defective pair, but a very small one. And Crinacle got unlucky. Otherwise, Blons are such a great pair of IEMs, especially at $33 I paid for them. Their bass is great, mids as well, and the highs have a nice spark to them without ever being sibilant. The only actual issue with them is that they are not as detailed as some other cheap Chi-Fi IEMs.
don't think that artificially boosted upper mids and treble means more detail

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #941 of 6,129
Well... ZSX with lower mid EQ sounded tiny bit better. Except in treble. Blon is much more fun, though. With better bass and sparkle. Stock mids are also better as well on Blon.

Blons supposedly have relaxed highs. Haven't felt that. But yeah, after boosting 8k area it does retrieve things "in the shadow". Although it makes them sibilant.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #942 of 6,129

Absoutely agree. Once I understood that people are expecting 'detail' to basically be boosted upper mids / low treble. Nope, count me out. That is very unnatural sounding to me.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #943 of 6,129
Finally got my BL-03. At first i wasn’t on the hype choo choo but for 21 euro and a few cents i couldn’t pass the oppoty to try them. I am probably one of the few who does not have issues with the fit. I slapped some generic Aliexpress tips (they do wonders for me) on them and they seal fine. If i shake and move my head it stays in place and does not lose seal. 20 min into it and they are a bit bassy but sound fine. Waiting for my Blon dedicated cable now :L3000:

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #944 of 6,129
Absoutely agree. Once I understood that people are expecting 'detail' to basically be boosted upper mids / low treble. Nope, count me out. That is very unnatural sounding to me.

Boosted upper mids only give more perceived clarity IMO and it's upper treble peaks that are often mistaken for detail I believe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back