1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Blon in ear monitors impressions thread

First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last
  1. Monkey Puzzle
    Was tempted to go for the Rothschild edition, but not sure if the tuning would be the same. In the end I got the Tin Audio T4 as well as the Blon as the T2 fit well...! I need to cure this addiction.

archy121, Light - Man and zachmal like this.
  2. kingcro
    These Blons are quite basshead IEMs. They can handle LG G7's AUX mode maximum volume levels without distorting. Even planar Sundaras distorted with it. Interesting IEMs. These are basically ear subwoofers. Even with 10dB boosted bass and everything else lowered by 10dB these don't distort. Like at all. And even at loud levels they exhibit good control. I guess not many IEMs or headphones can do this.

mark88888, zachmal and redrol like this.
  3. SiggyFraud
  4. FastAndClean
    the driver inside is very special

1clearhead and zachmal like this.
  5. kingcro
    And I think I got the flat subbass unit, since it does rumble quite a lot. Which is nice.

zachmal likes this.
  6. FastAndClean
    sometimes i like to push them with bass boost, around 5-6db, they like it

zachmal likes this.
  7. kingcro
    I agree... These really rumble and do it with quality. I guess these distort more in midbass than in subbass.

zachmal likes this.
  8. redrol
    Yep. I keep telling people they can be basshead iems for sure.
    I know crinacles units were apparently not good but I haven't seen or heard any other verified bad sets. All Im saying is I don't think this is like a Blon raffle and only some folks get a good pair. I have 4 pairs now and they all sound the same. I was worried at first because of crinacles posts but not anymore.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    zachmal likes this.
  9. kingcro

Yeah. I guess that there is a chance of getting a defective pair, but a very small one. And Crinacle got unlucky. Otherwise, Blons are such a great pair of IEMs, especially at $33 I paid for them. Their bass is great, mids as well, and the highs have a nice spark to them without ever being sibilant. The only actual issue with them is that they are not as detailed as some other cheap Chi-Fi IEMs.

10. FastAndClean
    don't think that artificially boosted upper mids and treble means more detail

DrBrawler, zachmal and redrol like this.
  11. kingcro
    Well... ZSX with lower mid EQ sounded tiny bit better. Except in treble. Blon is much more fun, though. With better bass and sparkle. Stock mids are also better as well on Blon.

Blons supposedly have relaxed highs. Haven't felt that. But yeah, after boosting 8k area it does retrieve things "in the shadow". Although it makes them sibilant.

zachmal likes this.
  12. redrol
    Absoutely agree. Once I understood that people are expecting 'detail' to basically be boosted upper mids / low treble. Nope, count me out. That is very unnatural sounding to me.

zachmal and Toastybob like this.
  13. Dcell7
    Finally got my BL-03. At first i wasn’t on the hype choo choo but for 21 euro and a few cents i couldn’t pass the oppoty to try them. I am probably one of the few who does not have issues with the fit. I slapped some generic Aliexpress tips (they do wonders for me) on them and they seal fine. If i shake and move my head it stays in place and does not lose seal. 20 min into it and they are a bit bassy but sound fine. Waiting for my Blon dedicated cable now :L3000:

zachmal and mbwilson111 like this.
  14. chickenmoon
    Boosted upper mids only give more perceived clarity IMO and it's upper treble peaks that are often mistaken for detail I believe.

baskingshark and zachmal like this.
  15. kingcro
    This is why 10k+ area should be a flat line with the rest of the sound, not recessed by 30 or so dB.

zachmal likes this.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last