Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 4, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #676 of 6,129
For me I dont like foams, I use sedna earfit L size for my BL-03, they have slightly longer nozzle like spinfit, but they are wide bore and shaped like spiral dots without getting lost of treble energy and blur imaging due the dots

By any chance, do you know the difference between the standard Sedna and light sedna (transparent)? I'd guess the material is softer but I'm not sure if there's another difference.

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #677 of 6,129
By any chance, do you know the difference between the standard Sedna and light sedna (transparent)? I'd guess the material is softer but I'm not sure if there's another difference.
I have been wondering the same thing. I have the normal version, but am interested in the light version, as well. I was assuming, the material is thinner on the light?

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #678 of 6,129
I have 4 kind of sedna (yes I am a tips collector)
Sedna earfit
Sedna light
Sedna short
Sedna short light

Differences are : sedna have longer nozzle, with the light version is softer in material and transparant color

Sedna short is shorter version of sedna, there are 2 types also, the more firm and the light which is softer

Shape wise and size wise they are the same.

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #679 of 6,129
I have 4 kind of sedna (yes I am a tips collector)
Sedna earfit
Sedna light
Sedna short
Sedna short light

Differences are : sedna have longer nozzle, with the light version is softer in material and transparant color

Sedna short is shorter version of sedna, there are 2 types also, the more firm and the light which is softer

Shape wise and size wise they are the same.
Thanks for all that great info!

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #680 of 6,129
It has softer umbrella compared to the normal version. Nice tips tho

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #681 of 6,129
After a few days knacking over my head whether it's tuned the same as BL-03 so that I could get my hands on it on 11/11, I've finally come to the conclusion that (if it really is Cardinal/Bluejay graph) that they're actually almost the same with BL-03. I kept looking for ways on how to "squeeze" this graph because graphs this wide just keep ****ing with my eyes until I realized it really is just too wide.

Here's a graph of the BL-03 from The Phonograph;

images

comparing it with the deviations from the mid range, we can conclude they're pretty much the same drivers and tuning, with the only difference is that 3k dip being a bit more deep on the C/Bj (probably just pair to pair manufacturing difference)

I'm just overthinking my 11/11 purchases and since there are no impressions of them yet, that's my postulation

Hi friend, I don't think u can compare graphs between different users (who use different setup, equipment and variables). Graphs should be compared with the same user setup/equipment.
Anyway graphs don't tell the full story too, there's the usual adage that u can roughly tell from a FR if (based on your preferred sound signature) whether u will dislike the tuning, but it may not let u know if u will like it. Plus graphs don't tell stuff like details, timbre, instrument separation/imaging etc.

Though it's rumoured the BLON cardinal/bluejay uses the same driver as the BLON, but I think we can't comment on whether they will sound the same. Will need someone on the ground to do A/B testing or do a FR with the same equipment to be conclusive.

Edit: anyways, I will probably be ordering the BLON Cardinal on 11/11 and the Hisenior N3 (3DD IEM). I'm very interested to see how they can up their game from the BLON BL-03 with a higher end set. Even if the driver and tuning is somewhat similar, I hope it has better fit/clarity/isolation/details than the BLON BL-03.
I promised myself no other IEMs on 11/11, just these 2 orders, honestly =)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #682 of 6,129
Hi friend, I don't think u can compare graphs between different users (who use different setup, equipment and variables). Graphs should be compared with the same user setup/equipment.
Anyway graphs don't tell the full story too, there's the usual adage that u can roughly tell from a FR if (based on your preferred sound signature) whether u will dislike the tuning, but it may not let u know if u will like it. Plus graphs don't tell stuff like details, timbre, instrument separation/imaging etc.

Though it's rumoured the BLON cardinal/bluejay uses the same driver as the BLON, but I think we can't comment on whether they will sound the same. Will need someone on the ground to do A/B testing or do a FR with the same equipment to be conclusive.

Edit: anyways, I will probably be ordering the BLON Cardinal on 11/11 and the Hisenior N3 (3DD IEM). I'm very interested to see how they can up their game from the BLON BL-03 with a higher end set. Even if the driver and tuning is somewhat similar, I hope it has better fit/clarity/isolation/details than the BLON BL-03.
I promised myself no other IEMs on 11/11, just these 2 orders, honestly =)

I do agree that frequency graphs don't tell you everything, except maybe soundstage (I'm led to believe dark/warm sets often sound "narrower" to people) but the coloration is where it's at. Besides, everybody is graphing almost the same lines with the BL-03, just google it. If the coloration is untweaked, the other aspects of the driver probably isn't too. If the Cardinal/Bj has the same exact drivers we'll see if the shells play a part in the resonances and whatnot

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #684 of 6,129
Anyone can provide the recommended upgrades(cables, tips, etc) + links if possible for bl-03?
Thanks in advance
I suggest you first try it stock. If you have a problem with tips and/or cable, you can change them anytime. They could suit you just fine as is (like they did me and many others) and save you a few bucks.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #685 of 6,129
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting the Blons on the 11-11 sale (like everyone). Do you have any recommendations for compatible straight down cables with mic that I can get from Ali? Or should I use heat and straighten the stock cable?

Also would you recommend them for electronic music, disco etc?

Any other IEM recommendations for electronic music in the sub-50 range? I'm going to be using my phone and pc for sources.

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #686 of 6,129
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting the Blons on the 11-11 sale (like everyone). Do you have any recommendations for compatible straight down cables with mic that I can get from Ali? Or should I use heat and straighten the stock cable?

Also would you recommend them for electronic music, disco etc?

Any other IEM recommendations for electronic music in the sub-50 range? I'm going to be using my phone and pc for sources.
I can recommend the TFZ T2 Galaxy

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #688 of 6,129
Which cable is a better fit between TFZ style and regular 2 pin style? TFZ style seems more closer to the original pin structure ws opposed to normal 2pin cable so just want to check before pulling the trigger.

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #689 of 6,129
This. The TFZ T2 sounds much better in that genre (electronic).
Yep. The power is there & it's just so good. Even the hyped blon still couldn't beat the T2, IMO.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #690 of 6,129
Which cable is a better fit between TFZ style and regular 2 pin style? TFZ style seems more closer to the original pin structure ws opposed to normal 2pin cable so just want to check before pulling the trigger.
I'm okay with both actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Back