Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 5, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #706 of 6,129
Ya the AE sellers selling BLON stuff are mostly 3rd party ones. They don't seem to have an official BLON store. But I've seen other IEM/headphone models being branded under the BLON name but were previously called "Boss hifi", not sure if BLON is doing OEMs for them or they are affiliated or rebranded?

Anyway, the Cardinal/Bluejay has been selling on Aliexpress since the start of this year (I think the BLON BL-03 came out even later than them), so I would think the stock for Cardinal/Bluejay being sold on taobao/AE is probably old stock of the past few months. What reinforced this is when I spoke to the AE seller last night, she said they only had Cardinals in stock, but she could contact the supplier to make more Bluejays, though it won't be in time for 11/11.
Eagerly awaiting your impressions. It does actually sound like it might be a $65 Blon Bl-03 or close to it. Very sexy looking and more form fitting but the Bl-03 is just not getting any play time as there are like 6-7 other iems that I have that are just better to me. Good thing is that just about everyone that ordered the Cards/Jays also has the Bl-03s as well, so the cat will be out of the bag soon. :)

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #707 of 6,129
Ya the AE sellers selling BLON stuff are mostly 3rd party ones. They don't seem to have an official BLON store. But I've seen other IEM/headphone models being branded under the BLON name but were previously called "Boss hifi", not sure if BLON is doing OEMs for them or they are affiliated or rebranded?

Anyway, the Cardinal/Bluejay has been selling on Aliexpress since the start of this year (I think the BLON BL-03 came out even later than them), so I would think the stock for Cardinal/Bluejay being sold on taobao/AE is probably old stock of the past few months. What reinforced this is when I spoke to the AE seller last night, she said they only had Cardinals in stock, but she could contact the supplier to make more Bluejays, though it won't be in time for 11/11.
Can't wait for your impression on them

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #708 of 6,129
There's a Blon-dedicated cable available in the OPA Audio Store on AE. Can be purchased separately, or cheaper with a set of Blons. It comes from a banned manufacturer, mind you. Comes in two colours - copper and gray.
They already have the lowest price for the 03s on AE ($ 25.32), but with the cable it seems like an even better deal - $ 35.27, while the cable alone costs $ 12.84.
-1064127143-1548419113.jpg
1194576173-1273631718.jpg

EDIT: The listing's changing. Now it's $ 8.81 for the cable, but the $ 35.27 for the whole set remains.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #709 of 6,129
Just bought the BLON cardinal guys. I live inside of China, so depending on how long ago the other guy on here purchased theirs, I may be the first to get this.
Was ~$70 shipped, so more than double the cost of the BL-03. I'll be sure to let you all know how it sounds! Should have it within a week or less.
That makes two of us in China! :handshake::wink: ...I also shop only on taobao as well.

-Clear

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #710 of 6,129
well hell, I got contacted later by the seller that they have no stock of the bluejay either. I cancelled the order, found another vendor, and they told me they have no stock either. They both told me that "the manufacturer is out of stock". So locally, it sounds like nobody actually carries stock - they may be drop-shipping from BLON directly? I don't know. Anyways, looks like I'm not able to acquire one of these for the time being, despite being based in China. So hopefully one of you guys that bought one on AE actually get one.

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #711 of 6,129
well hell, I got contacted later by the seller that they have no stock of the bluejay either. I cancelled the order, found another vendor, and they told me they have no stock either. They both told me that "the manufacturer is out of stock". So locally, it sounds like nobody actually carries stock - they may be drop-shipping from BLON directly? I don't know. Anyways, looks like I'm not able to acquire one of these for the time being, despite being based in China. So hopefully one of you guys that bought one on AE actually get one.

There's 3 shops on AE selling the Bluejay/Cardinal. I spoke to them all last night and they all seemed to still have stock, except the one I bought from that admitted they don't have Bluejays.

Anyway the Cardinal I bought seems to have been shipped with tracking number provided today on AE. The store seems quite legit in terms of reviews, though it's my first time purchasing from them. Though I've encountered shops in the past sending out fake shipping/tracking number to bypass the "ship by XXX date" which AE enforces, before later sending a real tracking number a few weeks later once they get stock or something.

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #712 of 6,129

There's 3 shops on AE selling the Bluejay/Cardinal. I spoke to them all last night and they all seemed to still have stock, except the one I bought from that admitted they don't have Bluejays.

Anyway the Cardinal I bought seems to have been shipped with tracking number provided today on AE. The store seems quite legit in terms of reviews, though it's my first time purchasing from them. Though I've encountered shops in the past sending out fake shipping/tracking number to bypass the "ship by XXX date" which AE enforces, before later sending a real tracking number a few weeks later once they get stock or something.

seems like Cardinal and Bluejay will be rare gems soon. So actually they are released by BLON before the BL-03 right? I think they will be using same driver, and maybe the BL-03 is the improved version of cardinal/bluejay since Metal housing usually resonance better in details and clarity and tightness. I cant say exactly, but yeah looking forward for your impressions later on.

Nov 6, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #713 of 6,129
So now the second vendor just told me that they can ship the cardinal tomorrow. Geez. Oh well I'll believe it when I see it. I'll post my impressions if/when I receive it for sure.

I think part of my problem is language barrier. All communication is done 100% in Chinese. Google translate is good but not perfect!

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #714 of 6,129
@Hisma did u order the Bluejay from taobao?

I spoke to one AE seller last night, they agreed to sell me the BLON Cardinal (red) at their 11/11 price of $64 USD instead of waiting 5 days later for 11/11 to start. They didn't mind locking in the 11/11 price and shipping it out last night, so everyone benefits.
Though, I'm doubtful I will get it before 11/11 to give u guys impressions though, my customs is usually quite slow, so best to wait for @Hisma 's review.
But bummer, I was looking for a blue set and they only had red left in stock.

I got death stares from my wife after ordering it. I promised her I'll only order one other cheap CHIFI IEM on 11/11 that is sub $20, I hope the promise can be kept LOL.
"I promised her I'll only order one other cheap CHIFI IEM on 11/11 that is sub $20" Well you said ON 11/11 not before/until 11/11 :laughing:

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #715 of 6,129
So now the second vendor just told me that they can ship the cardinal tomorrow. Geez. Oh well I'll believe it when I see it. I'll post my impressions if/when I receive it for sure.

I think part of my problem is language barrier. All communication is done 100% in Chinese. Google translate is good but not perfect!

Yeah, that can introduce quite the inaccuracies and distortion of meaning

give the bing translator a try: https://www.bing.com/translator

for me it gave a better translation from amazon.co.jp than google's

perhaps it's also is better with Chinese

There's a Blon-dedicated cable available in the OPA Audio Store on AE. Can be purchased separately, or cheaper with a set of Blons. It comes from a banned manufacturer, mind you. Comes in two colours - copper and gray.
They already have the lowest price for the 03s on AE ($ 25.32), but with the cable it seems like an even better deal - $ 35.27, while the cable alone costs $ 12.84.

EDIT: The listing's changing. Now it's $ 8.81 for the cable, but the $ 35.27 for the whole set remains.

dope !

but it looks like an 8-core cable, I'd rather get a 16-core one

still a pretty good deal

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #716 of 6,129
Hi @Gorktastick ,

I'm curious about how you feel the BL-03s compare to the ER4XR. I also have the ER4XR, love them, and wonder if theres any reason to also pick up the BL-03s... do they do anything better? Thanks for your or anyone's opinions on this.

Hey! I have to agree with what chinmie said. The BLONs are certainly warmer, with more mid-bass. And, depending on the tips, they have a larger soundstage. I find the ER4XR to have a very intimate soundstage. The ER4XR definitely isolates better, and doesn't have any of the fit issues, or driver flex, that the BLONs do. The two sets are definitely complimentary to each other. The ER4XR is far more analytical and revealing, and the BLON is warm, and the lower-mids are juicy. The BLON is definitely the more "fun" sounding of the two. The BLON also has a very appealing timbre, that, I believe, is probably it's strongest suit, and most likely, the biggest reason it is so highly regarded. The dynamic driver, in the BLON, does bass in a very appealing way, and renders the bass in a much rounder, smoother, slower, and bigger, fashion. Even with eq, I cannot get the ER4XR to reproduce the low end in a way that truly does justice to hip-hop, or electronic, bass. My biggest gripe with the BLON, by FAR, is the fit. I do, however, tend to really struggle with getting a proper seal with many IEMs, but I seem to struggle most with the BLON. So, in a nutshell:

ER4XR: Detail retrieval, isolation, comfort, instrument separation, flatter, more clinical, response

BLON: Bass/low-mids, fun-factor, special timbre, price-to-performance ratio

Hope that helps!

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #717 of 6,129
A few questions before I buy:

1. Is there any downside to getting the version that includes a mic?
2. Do these stay in the ear when walking (not jogging)?
3. Is there any reason sellers on eBay offer these for about $5 less than sellers on AE?

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #718 of 6,129
Hot take on BL-03, which just came in. A whole minute listening with 320kbps MP3 on hidizs DAP.

Boxy and recessed vocals.

I will update later.

Of note: mine came with a synthetic fabric bag (not jute). The OPPOTY hasn't changed. It took only 6 days to arrive in California from eBay vendor dludahlia. I'm not affiliated and paid full price so I'm not shilling for them :)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #719 of 6,129
I often find prices lower on Amazon and ebay than on Aliexpress, sometimes there are just deals to be had, as for a mic, I prefer to not have one as it is simply just another point of failure

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #720 of 6,129
Hot take on BL-03, which just came in. A whole minute listening with 320kbps MP3 on hidizs DAP.

Boxy and recessed vocals.

I will update later.
What tips are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back