Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Apr 16, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #5,521 of 6,129
Bl-01 arrived this afternoon finally... I wanted to try it in stock form with stock tips to establish a baseline.. First off, They fit my ears like they were custom made using the Large stock tips... Decent seal... Out of my cheap Samsung phone.. Omgoodness!!! These sound sublime!! No external amping... All frequencies are present with no overlapping.. Very clear, open and Detailed.. Bass quantity is just right! Quality is good... Not as much as the 03 but that is a good thing imo..very balanced sounding.. All of this is straight out of the box... I thought that @Redcarmoose was exaggerating a bit but boy was I wrong and he is right! I'm a bit afraid to mess with these but looking forward to what they will sound like with some amping, flipped tips and an spc cable as suggested by Clear... And a dap... It's a bit unbelievable but this is what I'm hearing.... Peace
Just got these and waiting for USB dac Amp soundmagic a30.
I only have headphone jack on my older Samsung tablet and it sounded great. Make sure if you have it to turn on uhq upscale and or Dolby atmos too.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #5,523 of 6,129
I'm sure it's old hat to some of you but as part of my impulse Blon buy I just received a pair of TRN BT20 in the mail today.

These fit my BL-01 perfectly, and they sound excellent. As far as fit goes, it actually helps in the case of the 01 but with the 05S it breaks the seal. I think it has to do with the angle of the nozzle (not to mention how short the 05S nozzle is), and so fit is going to be different for everyone it seems.

I'm fine with using the BL-05S wired anyhow, it is more for at-home listening whereas the Blon BL-01 seems to isolate a bit better and it has a bit more bass heft which will help outdoors when competing with environmental low tones. The 05S is definitely a more refined signature and I'm very impressed with it. The jade green looks better in person and it's totally unique.

The BL-01 plus the TRN BT20 is an awesome combo.

Well, I'm officially hooked. Now I'm pondering getting some more. Already bought several BLONs as gifts. Thinking about getting the Fiio FH3, TRN BT20 Pro (with MMCX and 2-pin), BL-03.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #5,524 of 6,129
Yes, you can message the store and explain what you need. On the mobile app, there is a chat button at the bottom of a product listing. Keep in mind their business hours local to China.
Thank's i asked asked and they can do what i want :)

Now the eartip, again i'll wit to received my Blon 03, i have some eartip but in case i start reading what will be the best, so far according to what i've read ( RikudouGoku doc and some comment here) Radius Deep Mount and Azla Xelastek get my attention but there is soo many things.. i know that the rare IEM i used i was kind of treeble sensitive (the cymbal on drum...) and have Far better sound with my PureSound ClarityOne when i get a Perfect fit (reason i think of the Xelastek) thoses 2 model are pretty expensive (regarding the price i'll pay for the Blon, 25 $ for the Radius on amazon jp.. ) if you have another model to propose

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #5,525 of 6,129
I'm sure it's old hat to some of you but as part of my impulse Blon buy I just received a pair of TRN BT20 in the mail today.

These fit my BL-01 perfectly, and they sound excellent. As far as fit goes, it actually helps in the case of the 01 but with the 05S it breaks the seal. I think it has to do with the angle of the nozzle (not to mention how short the 05S nozzle is), and so fit is going to be different for everyone it seems.

I'm fine with using the BL-05S wired anyhow, it is more for at-home listening whereas the Blon BL-01 seems to isolate a bit better and it has a bit more bass heft which will help outdoors when competing with environmental low tones. The 05S is definitely a more refined signature and I'm very impressed with it. The jade green looks better in person and it's totally unique.

Well, I'm officially hooked. Now I'm pondering getting some more. Already bought several BLONs as gifts. Thinking about getting the Fiio FH3, TRN BT20 Pro (with MMCX and 2-pin), BL-03.

The TRN BT20S Pro is quite good, has charging case and can use MMCX/2 pin type (you need to purchase it separately).

Only thing is TRN QC is notorious, I've lots of friends who's TRN BT20S Pro came in the mail dead or defective. Please buy from somewhere with a robust return's policy. Returning defective gear to Aliexpress isn't fun, the sellers will pull all sorts of tricks to prevent it, and even if they do allow it, transport costs might be more than the returned item LOL.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #5,526 of 6,129
Thanks @baskingshark for the advice. I've only recently started ordering from AliExpress and other places like Linsoul. So far the experience has been solid with both after several purchases.

But omg. I absolutely love the signature on the BL-05S. I isten to a lot of binaural processed content, either actual proper binaural mic'd environments or spatial DSP processed stereo/multichannel. The 05S just sings.

I'm just going to put this out there, in terms of lifelike realism and timbre:

BLON BL-05S > ER4SR

This carbon nano driver is lucsious. Piano sounds wonderful on it. I'm glad this jade dragon happens to fit me. While it doesn't isolate that well it still came in handy when I reached earlier for the Utopia but had to put it away as there was room noise. That extra bit of background isolation helps you focus, and is frankly necessary to perceive the full dynamic range of music like classical.

Also the soundstage when used with proper spatial DSP (in this case Waves NX on iOS) just transports you. While I'm a total audionaut and I pretty much find something to like in most headphones, this one is special. I'm sure there might be something better, but this is good.. no great enough to fully immerse oneself.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #5,527 of 6,129
Thanks @baskingshark for the advice. I've only recently started ordering from AliExpress and other places like Linsoul. So far the experience has been solid with both after several purchases.

But omg. I absolutely love the signature on the BL-05S. I isten to a lot of binaural processed content, either actual proper binaural mic'd environments or spatial DSP processed stereo/multichannel. The 05S just sings.

I'm just going to put this out there, in terms of lifelike realism and timbre:

BLON BL-05S > ER4SR

This carbon nano driver is lucsious. Piano sounds wonderful on it. I'm glad this jade dragon happens to fit me. While it doesn't isolate that well it still came in handy when I reached earlier for the Utopia but had to put it away as there was room noise. That extra bit of background isolation helps you focus, and is frankly necessary to perceive the full dynamic range of music like classical.

Also the soundstage when used with proper spatial DSP (in this case Waves NX on iOS) just transports you. While I'm a total audionaut and I pretty much find something to like in most headphones, this one is special. I'm sure there might be something better, but this is good.. no great enough to fully immerse oneself.

BLON BL-05S is rather good yeah, it scales better with amping too.

If you like the BLON BL-05S, you can consider reading about the HZSound Heart Mirror. It is also a single DD, though it is neutralish bright instead of the U shaped BLON BL-05S. HZSound Heart Mirror has better timbre, accessories and also better transients/imaging/details/instrument separation. Hear Mirror loses to the BLON BL-05S in soundstage and note weight. Bass is also tamer than the BL-05S but the bass is a high quality linear bass. HZSound Heart Mirror needs amping though, sounds very meh from a low powered smartphone. Vocal and midlovers will like the HZSound Heart Mirror, but it doesn't do the best with bass forward music. The HZSound Heart Mirror manages to bring a forward upper mids area without veering into shouty territory, quite a hard line to balance.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #5,528 of 6,129
I broke down and ordered the blon mini. Not at the original £2 though. £25 is a fairer price.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #5,529 of 6,129
I broke down and ordered the blon mini. Not at the original £2 though. £25 is a fairer price.
Linsoul wrote saying it was an error and asking to cancel, which I did, due to Linsoul having always been impeccable in my dealings with them. It wasn't a crazy offer. I've got the Blon-01, Blon-03 and the Blon-05. The Blon-03 has some magic. The Blon-01 punches well above it's weight and competes. The Blon-05 though is unlistenable with it's upper midrange glare. The Blon Mini looks interesting and I'll get it on Ali.

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #5,530 of 6,129

BT20 is a better product than BT20S which was super crap and I got two lemons back to back. Post that I couldn't muster courage to invest in BT20S Pro. I have a BT20 and I intend to get one more as for $15 it's worth the risk.

TRN's current QC standards will never give me confidence to invest more than $20 on their products. Even if they create the best product ever to grace the audio world, I'd still give it a pass if it's over $20.

Fiio UTWS3 is a better product when compared to Pro IMO because Fiio doesn't skimp on QC and quality. And their after-sales support is very good if purchased from the local distributor.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #5,532 of 6,129
Yes definitely a moisture problem , slightest dampness on the right and it slowly fades out even with clean ears.
Not really sure how you can fix it. But if this happens to you with all iems you tried, then maybe you cant really use them. If you want to try earbuds (which wont have this problem) I suggest the Yincrow X6 its the blon 03 of the earbud world.

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #5,533 of 6,129
Not really sure how you can fix it. But if this happens to you with all iems you tried, then maybe you cant really use them. If you want to try earbuds (which wont have this problem) I suggest the Yincrow X6 its the blon 03 of the earbud world.
Thanks for the suggestion, don't have any problems with my other in ear pairs and also have another new pair of BL03 so hopefully these will be okay .

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #5,534 of 6,129
Thanks for the suggestion, don't have any problems with my other in ear pairs and also have another new pair of BL03 so hopefully these will be okay .
Hmmm, hopefully its just a bad unit then.

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #5,535 of 6,129
I haven't tried this, as I haven't had this problem, but it could be the filter absorbing sweat. Try removing the mesh and filter, and just putting the mesh back, carefully. It will effect the sound making them more shrill but you can always replace the filter with something else. It's better than having an unusable item.

I have a slight moisture issue with my kz zsx. But it solves itself pretty quickly when they warm up, so I can live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back