Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 9, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #4,306 of 6,129
As someone who hasn't jumped the hype train on the bl03s, should I get the bl03 or the new bl01s that still don't have any reviews? I generally enjoy bass so I don't think the bl03 would bother me so much, it's just down to what's better to spend my money on

I don't think anyone can truly answer that until the new BL01 is out.

The BL03 deserves the hype - it's not the "best" IEM money can buy. It's not even the "best" for the money. But it's a seriously musical thing especially with a decent pair of tips and fed by a half decent amplifier. Nothing massive, just decent

As for the new BL01? Well, it's unlikely to be dreadful. Blon have put out some really good IEMs (03, original 01, 05S) and some "less good" ones (BT3, non-S 05). But even their weakest IEMs aren't entirely without merit.

You'd be taking a gamble on the 01 but it's unlikely to go horribly wrong - I hope not anyway as I've unsurprisingly got a pair on order. My rabid Blon Fanboyism comes from the surprise that was the 03 lucky bag - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #4,307 of 6,129
As someone who hasn't jumped the hype train on the bl03s, should I get the bl03 or the new bl01s that still don't have any reviews? I generally enjoy bass so I don't think the bl03 would bother me so much, it's just down to what's better to spend my money on
Too soon to say anything about the new 01, but at the very least it does look like (on pictures) it has a better fit than the 03.

Nov 9, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #4,310 of 6,129
can u send me the source?
It was on the Audio Reviews Facebook group but honestly there’s so many posts and comments there I don’t have time to comb through it to find a link, sorry...

Nov 9, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #4,311 of 6,129
It was on the Audio Reviews Facebook group but honestly there’s so many posts and comments there I don’t have time to comb through it to find a link, sorry...
No worries dude, I've gone and read their opinions and comments myself now and am just even more confused :sweat_smile: can't quite figure out if the bl01 is gonna be bad or they just hate BGGAR so they're making fun of it

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #4,313 of 6,129
Soundstage on a $20 IEM? 🤣

There is a banned piezo that actually has rather holographic soundstage for $16 USD. Not too bad technicalities but the timbre is poor. KBEAR KS2 also has quite a good soundstage for $20ish USD, though tonality and timbre are not the best.

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #4,314 of 6,129
There is a banned piezo that actually has rather holographic soundstage for $16 USD. Not too bad technicalities but the timbre is poor. KBEAR KS2 also has quite a good soundstage for $20ish USD, though tonality and timbre are not the best.

... you made me reach into a drawer to pull those out and put them into my earholes right now and appreciate them for what they are, thanks. :ksc75smile: I think I paid $2x for them back in the day when they were a hotter item, though I can't remember what the price was now, honestly.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #4,315 of 6,129
... you made me reach into a drawer to pull those out and put them into my earholes right now and appreciate them for what they are, thanks. :ksc75smile: I think I paid $2x for them back in the day when they were a hotter item, though I can't remember what the price was now, honestly.

I liked it so much I actually bought 2 of em last year haha. But my wife saw the 2nd pair come in the mail and gave me the death stare. I sadly had to get rid of the 2nd pair ASAP. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But yeah, they are very bang for buck, they have aged very well and are still competitive in 2020!

Nov 10, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #4,316 of 6,129
I liked it so much I actually bought 2 of em last year haha. But my wife saw the 2nd pair come in the mail and gave me the death stare. I sadly had to get rid of the 2nd pair ASAP. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A $16 IEM? That’s probably less than the tip she gives at the hair or nail salon.

Nov 10, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #4,317 of 6,129
I've finally managed to remember to tape mod my blon bl-05 (none S), with a little bit of brown packing tape. I covered half the nozzle and put the ear tips over the top. It seems to reduce the upper mids by about 3db which is all I want. It turns them into a decent headphone. Might even earn them a new cable. I did the same to my kbear kb10, but they are still too bright, for my tastes. I'm guessing they now sound like the S version. Or a midbass subdued 03.

My blon 01 hasn't been despatched yet.

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #4,318 of 6,129
I've finally managed to remember to tape mod my blon bl-05 (none S), with a little bit of brown packing tape. I covered half the nozzle and put the ear tips over the top. It seems to reduce the upper mids by about 3db which is all I want. It turns them into a decent headphone. Might even earn them a new cable. I did the same to my kbear kb10, but they are still too bright, for my tastes. I'm guessing they now sound like the S version. Or a midbass subdued 03.

My blon 01 hasn't been despatched yet.

Look forward to your BL01 (or is it BL-01?) review. I am confused on the naming now, but u know what I mean haha.

Anyways, I do use the BLON BL-05 (non S) with a micropore mod sometimes to tame the upper mids, and with micropore mod on, tonally they are somewhat similar to the S version, the S version is still better in technicalities like soundstage/imaging/instrument separation and maybe microdetails. I think they use different drivers, so this may explain these differences.

The S version has a hideous radioactive green colour though, I still don't dare to wear it outdoors!

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #4,320 of 6,129
BGGAR just posted his newly graphed BL03 & BL01 comparison.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ/community?lb=Ugw79HuWHTVqGzKOAiZ4AaABCQ
螢幕擷取畫面 2020-11-11 152206.jpg

I can't read graph really well. How do you guys think?
Hope it means good because I just ordered 2 of BL01 few days ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back