Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 8, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #4,291 of 6,129
However, it is really a question of tips ... I tried to put the O rings back by reducing their thickness a little and it goes better and I feel even more seal. They are inaccurate though, I am simply using a piece of one of the stock tips as the o ring. Maybe I have to buy a bag of real o rings on Amazon.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #4,292 of 6,129
@Slater I am using a Nicehck 8 core copper to 2 pin cable for the Blon BL-03, but I read that you were talking about a vent that with the classic 2 pin is blocked so an NX7 cable would be better. Is there any difference in the sound? Could blocking that vent cause any damage?

EDIT: no I think I misunderstood, it was the serial cable that maybe blocked the vent but with the 2 pin it is completely uncovered.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #4,293 of 6,129
Sony hybrids and mh750(5) tips work well on the 03. Better in fact than on the mh755. Can't say one way or the other about flipped starlines though, but Spinfits dont work with the 03 at all.
I didn't like them with the sony tips, bassier and reduction in soundstage IMO. I prefer the stock ones, second kind.

Different strokes...

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #4,294 of 6,129
I've finally found the perfect seal for the Blon BL-03. 2mm O-ring taken on Amazon and KZ Starline flip tips size L.

Before either I was losing a lot of bass and the sound was almost squeaky not sealing enough or I was going too deep suffocating it too much with a slow, dirty and heavy sound.

Now the sound is wonderful, full and abundant as it should be, with much more clarity and detail and beautiful timbre.

Nov 9, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #4,295 of 6,129
Good job, sebek. I used a keyboard O-ring and CP-145 tips, IIRC. Maybe I should try Final Audio E, alternately. [CP145 is having a bit of the suffocating issue.]

I ordered 2 of the $17.50 BL-01s from different sellers on AliExpress. One gunmetal, one silver. [or "black no mic" and "white no mic" as they are called there. Sometimes "gun no mic."]

I see the BL-05S offered for $35 by some sellers on 11.11 I'm assuming that the "3rd generation" 10mm CNT in the 1950s turquoise radio colour is the improved 'S' model.

$35 is a decent price for these, I believe. So I might pick one up, especially if coupons. I read that the 05S 'rocks hard' with classic rock and even metal and stuff. Since it kinda looks like a jukebox, I figure that rock and anything played on a jukebox would probably sing on a BL05S.

Nov 9, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #4,296 of 6,129
Good job, sebek. I used a keyboard O-ring and CP-145 tips, IIRC. Maybe I should try Final Audio E, alternately. [CP145 is having a bit of the suffocating issue.]

I ordered 2 of the $17.50 BL-01s from different sellers on AliExpress. One gunmetal, one silver. [or "black no mic" and "white no mic" as they are called there. Sometimes "gun no mic."]

I see the BL-05S offered for $35 by some sellers on 11.11 I'm assuming that the "3rd generation" 10mm CNT in the 1950s turquoise radio colour is the improved 'S' model.

$35 is a decent price for these, I believe. So I might pick one up, especially if coupons. I read that the 05S 'rocks hard' with classic rock and even metal and stuff. Since it kinda looks like a jukebox, I figure that rock and anything played on a jukebox would probably sing on a BL05S.
BL05S I see it at $ 29 as an offer for 11/11

Nov 9, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #4,301 of 6,129

Classic rock and blues, you want the richness of the BL03. Metal, you want the 05S. I've never listened to as much metal as with the 05S...

Nov 9, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #4,303 of 6,129
Interesting. Which of those two would you recommend for Prog. Rock? Or neither?

Also curious about Indie Rock.

Personally I'd recommend not listening to Prog Rock! Seriously though, prog isn't a genre I listen to or am overly au fait with.

Indie kinda works well on either. The 05S is a much brighter and more aggressive sound which makes jangly 80s indie sound "right" but can make it perhaps a bit much. The 03 is smoother in its presentation, it misses details but it's just lovely.

I think as part of a collection of ChiFi, everyone should have a pair of BL03 because the way that they do things is unique. As an all rounder the 05S has a lot to offer that the 03 doesn't.

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #4,304 of 6,129
As someone who hasn't jumped the hype train on the bl03s, should I get the bl03 or the new bl01s that still don't have any reviews? I generally enjoy bass so I don't think the bl03 would bother me so much, it's just down to what's better to spend my money on

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #4,305 of 6,129
As someone who hasn't jumped the hype train on the bl03s, should I get the bl03 or the new bl01s that still don't have any reviews? I generally enjoy bass so I don't think the bl03 would bother me so much, it's just down to what's better to spend my money on
I'd just go straight for the bl01's. Who knows, maybe after a couple weeks the bl03 will drop in price then you can get both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back