Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 6, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #4,263 of 6,129
Maybe they are using full width hyphen ' —"and half width "-" to differentiate. :L3000:😂
Can I ask BLON, assuming everyone else didn't already. What was wrong with calling it BL-01 MK2, BL-01 Pro, BLO-01 I guess or whatever else other headgear makers use to name direct successors of their old gear?

But then again I am assuming it's meant to be a replacement of the IEM of the same name that they discontinued. I'm assuming whoever already ordered also owned the assumed predecessor and judge accordingly.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #4,264 of 6,129
I'm assuming whoever already ordered also owned the assumed predecessor and judge accordingly.

I didn't. In fact I've probably only owned the BL-03 for about a month and have spent most of that time trying to get them to fit in my ears comfortably. I bought the BL-01 because someone said they're an improvement on the 03 which i do mostly like the sound of, i am an absolute sucker for bang for buck performance.... and I happened to be on linsoul when they went up at $20 briefly.

So there was a BL-01 prior to these?

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #4,265 of 6,129
I didn't. In fact I've probably only owned the BL-03 for about a month and have spent most of that time trying to get them to fit in my ears comfortably. I bought the BL-01 because someone said they're an improvement on the 03 which i do mostly like the sound of, i am an absolute sucker for bang for buck performance.... and I happened to be on linsoul when they went up at $20 briefly.

So there was a BL-01 prior to these?
As I mentioned before old BL-01 looks like an earbud that someone shoved a front faceplate with an EXTREMELY short nozzle (Yes, it puts the infamous BL-03 nozzle to shame) in front of it to make an IEM and called it a day. Also hardwired so forget about using a balanced source if that's your thing.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #4,266 of 6,129
As I mentioned before old BL-01 looks like an earbud that someone shoved a front faceplate with an EXTREMELY short nozzle (Yes, it puts the infamous BL-03 nozzle to shame) in front of it to make an IEM and called it a day. Also hardwired so forget about using a balanced source if that's your thing.

Is it called the BL-T3 now? Actually, wait, i don't care. I need a chi fi break and definitely don't need any more buds that hurt my ears.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #4,267 of 6,129
This cable issue affecting sound is highly controversial. Seen flame wars start on the audio forums about it.

Basically there's 2 camps. One believes it changes sound subjectively, the other says it is placebo and there's no measurable changes. Well to each their own, i respect both sides. If u believe in cables, good, there's another area to play with to get audio nirvana. If u don't believe, also good, u save a lot of money in this hobby.

FWIW, i do believe in slight sonic changes in cables, but mostly in high sensitivity type multi driver iems. Cause maybe they add impendance to the chain and for these high sensitivity types even a small added resistance may skew the FR? Whatever the case, don't spend too much on cables, definitely don't let it cost more than the iem and u get more sonic changes with eartips or source changes (cables i find are very subtle changes at best).

Explore for yourself and see if u find changes. Most cable believer campers say pure copper cables increase warmth and bass, silver plates ones increase clarity and upper frequencies. YMMV.
I wonder if I'd be even more controversial than them.

If (keyword IF, in reality I can even find a job because I'm locked in my house more or less, but that's another subject entirely) I had unlimited money, I'd probably walk around with a Thieaudio Clairvoyance (or LZ A7?), E1DA 9038S and a 2.5mm 2-pin JC ALLY JC16 ($700, $90 and $15 respectively).

Edit: If I can find a 2.5mm JC ALLY anyway.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #4,268 of 6,129
Is it called the BL-T3 now? Actually, wait, i don't care. I need a chi fi break and definitely don't need any more buds that hurt my ears.

It isn't called the Blon BL-T3 or BT3 now, although they share a casing and are priced the same. The impedance of the two units is different and the tuning is slightly more V Shaped on the BT3 (the OG BL-01 was a very neutral tuned thing, much like a low-rent Tin T2). Neither of them are the same as the NICEHCK EP10 which also shares the casing. The BT3 is very good, the original BL-01 is amazing.

Having posted a couple of pages back a photo of my BL-01, BT3, BL-03 and BL-05 I am pleased to announce I have just received a BL-05S and just ordered a BL-01 (not the BL-01 you understand, but the BL-01. I already had a BL-01).

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #4,269 of 6,129
It isn't called the Blon BL-T3 or BT3 now, although they share a casing and are priced the same. The impedance of the two units is different and the tuning is slightly more V Shaped on the BT3 (the OG BL-01 was a very neutral tuned thing, much like a low-rent Tin T2). Neither of them are the same as the NICEHCK EP10 which also shares the casing. The BT3 is very good, the original BL-01 is amazing.

Having posted a couple of pages back a photo of my BL-01, BT3, BL-03 and BL-05 I am pleased to announce I have just received a BL-05S and just ordered a BL-01 (not the BL-01 you understand, but the BL-01. I already had a BL-01).
You must be the one with the most blon iems! Have you tried their S1 model?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32788409774.html

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #4,270 of 6,129
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #4,271 of 6,129
Oh stop it you! I've not tried the S1 or the Cardinal/Bluejay (or the B7 or B20 cans - the B20 appeals...) Yet.

I do love me a Blon and get a new pair at every opporty. As I type this I am listening to the BL05S - hot dang these are good at Metal.
Well, then I have good news for you. Skip the B20, its bad.

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #4,273 of 6,129
I pulled the trigger on bl-01, it is coming in about a month. I hope it sounds better than the 05. I'm slightly worried that the nozzles will be too short, but for £22 it's worth a gamble.

Nov 6, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #4,274 of 6,129

I see... BLON must outsource their marketing department to the Marx Brothers 😂

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #4,275 of 6,129
I see... BLON must outsource their marketing department to the Marx Brothers 😂
I think they're trying to win a bet that hype can overcome basically any level of stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back