Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 5, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #4,246 of 6,129
It's up now on Linsoul (link). $19.99
2_85ec4acb-c94d-48a6-972d-e7b42b59f6eb_1024x1024.jpg
BL-01_3_1024x1024.jpg

I'm not familiar with this driver description but I hope it has some BL-03 analogue magic as well. For $20 and possibly some discounts on 11.11 w/ AE coupons it seems a good blind buy.

Oh for the love of Geoff. Now we have a Blon BL-01 that isn't the Blon BL-01 but it's a replacement fot the BL-03 and the BT3 has replaced the BL-01. That is just ridiculous. Unless maybe the BL-01 is actually the BL-01 in a shiny new case anltt nearly double the price.

Nov 5, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #4,247 of 6,129
It's up now on Linsoul (link). $19.99

I'm not familiar with this driver description but I hope it has some BL-03 analogue magic as well. For $20 and possibly some discounts on 11.11 w/ AE coupons it seems a good blind buy.
Biology fiber sounds to me like it's a biocellulose driver.

Nov 5, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #4,248 of 6,129
I'm going to wait and see with the Blon 01 and see what others think. The price isn't the issue, it's just that I already have a drawer full of IEMs. I'm thinking that it will be more or less the same, just with a better fit for those who had issues with the Blon 03. I didn't have a fit issue with the 03 so I'm not sure if this update applies to me (yet).

I'm not gonna lie, the usual 11.11 hype has me itchy to buy something too. But I'm slowly learning the art of restraint....

Nov 5, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #4,249 of 6,129
Blind bought these and the Tin T1 Plus. I’m expecting disappointment, to be on the safe side...
Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

Nov 5, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #4,250 of 6,129
I am using the Blon BL-03 with a Nicehck 8 core copper balanced cable, has anyone made comparisons between copper cable and copper-silver, silver plated? Which do you prefer and do you usually use?

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #4,251 of 6,129
Oh for the love of Geoff. Now we have a Blon BL-01 that isn't the Blon BL-01 but it's a replacement fot the BL-03 and the BT3 has replaced the BL-01. That is just ridiculous. Unless maybe the BL-01 is actually the BL-01 in a shiny new case anltt nearly double the price.

The difference is the hyphen.. it's not the BL-01 (which is the bud style iem right?) but is the BL01. Much difference, many opperty....

I hope its not a biocellulose driver. The GR07 doesn't have a great track record with those.

Nov 5, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #4,252 of 6,129
The difference is the hyphen.. it's not the BL-01 (which is the bud style iem right?) but is the BL01. Much difference, many opperty....

I hope its not a biocellulose driver. The GR07 doesn't have a great track record with those.
Once a pon a time , the gr07 ended my audio journey. After giving them away I went straight back

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #4,253 of 6,129
Wonder if it's the same driver Kbear is using in their current releases (Lark, Starsea).

Truth be told, anytime the word "bio" is used my brain immediately fills in "...degradable" and my wallet gets nervous.

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #4,256 of 6,129
I'm going to wait and see with the Blon 01 and see what others think. The price isn't the issue, it's just that I already have a drawer full of IEMs. I'm thinking that it will be more or less the same, just with a better fit for those who had issues with the Blon 03. I didn't have a fit issue with the 03 so I'm not sure if this update applies to me (yet).

I'm not gonna lie, the usual 11.11 hype has me itchy to buy something too. But I'm slowly learning the art of restraint....
Probably not useful for me either since I already have the BL-03 and I already went though the trouble of tip rolling and cable rolling to get a good fit, which I actually have now.

My sister seems to be interested in the BL-03 based on what she heard from it before sending them to me. So I wonder if I can recommend the BL01 to her instead.

Although I imagine reviews and comparisons won't come out soon yet so hope she's in no hurry.

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #4,257 of 6,129
I am using the Blon BL-03 with a Nicehck 8 core copper balanced cable, has anyone made comparisons between copper cable and copper-silver, silver plated? Which do you prefer and do you usually use?

This cable issue affecting sound is highly controversial. Seen flame wars start on the audio forums about it.

Basically there's 2 camps. One believes it changes sound subjectively, the other says it is placebo and there's no measurable changes. Well to each their own, i respect both sides. If u believe in cables, good, there's another area to play with to get audio nirvana. If u don't believe, also good, u save a lot of money in this hobby.

FWIW, i do believe in slight sonic changes in cables, but mostly in high sensitivity type multi driver iems. Cause maybe they add impendance to the chain and for these high sensitivity types even a small added resistance may skew the FR? Whatever the case, don't spend too much on cables, definitely don't let it cost more than the iem and u get more sonic changes with eartips or source changes (cables i find are very subtle changes at best).

Explore for yourself and see if u find changes. Most cable believer campers say pure copper cables increase warmth and bass, silver plates ones increase clarity and upper frequencies. YMMV.

Nov 6, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #4,260 of 6,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back