Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 13, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #4,336 of 6,129
I bought it Nov 5th on Linsoul.

They haven't shipped it yet.

I received an email at 4:09 AM this morning central time with a tracking number for mine. I haven’t tried the tracking number, it’s possible it’s just that it has a tracking number but hasn’t been actually shipped yet.

EDIT: I checked it and it seems to have shipped - but had to use Chrome to translate it:
6B79CF3A-2E74-4393-82B8-6C165F998983.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #4,337 of 6,129
Mine has shipped Friday after a week, with a tracking number, but it has no tracking information yet. I guess it hasn't been picked up yet.

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #4,340 of 6,129
Orderer Bl01 from MissAudio and me too awaiting shipment confirmation. ^^

Nov 14, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #4,341 of 6,129
blon bl-03 was my second iem, as for the kz zs10 pro i didn't do any classic burn in, as many of you do, i just listened to my music. I think I have reached 100-150 hours by now, I don't know exactly, but they have gained a lot in fluidity, clarity and balance since the beginning and I really don't think it's placebo.

I find them really fantastic in music that is a little leaner and more intimate, without too many instruments to keep up with, such as songwriters and slowcore (early records by elliott smith and belle and sebastian, red house painters, leonard cohen, nick drake) and maybe even better with very bass-ish music (morphine, the cure, joy division and wait to test them with idm, trip-hop, dubstep). now i'm listening to them with a rolling stones compilation (rolled gold +) and i'm really enjoying them here too.

so-so with metal, not bad with my dying bride for example who are slow but when you accelerate or the soundstage gets too full or the production is not very clean (I tried with negura bunget, deathspell omega, immortal, nile) it goes in obvious difficulty .

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #4,343 of 6,129
I just ordered spiral dots eartips from penon audio. I was wondering if they're a good match for the Blon Bl-03's though. Anyone can share their experience with it ?
Good question. Actually been using Spiral Dots with mine as of last week (also ordered from Penon). For what it's worth, I was using Final Audio Type E tips before.
Generally, the Spiral Dots open up the sound a bit more. The first thing I noticed was that the lows (particularly sub-bass) aren't as deep and that vocals generally sound less congested. Overall, I think it's a good match. It doesn't completely change the sound, just refines it.

Nov 14, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #4,344 of 6,129
Hi guys,

I couldn't resist the fuss and ordered a pair. I have them for a week now and i'm really impressed. For the price they are really really good.
I must be lucky because the stock tips are actually fine and provide a tight seal (I read a lot about the short nozzle and the lack of seal). They stay in place nicely and they're really comfortable.
The bass is also so well done. I prefer the bass on my TRN V90 but slightly, and the comparison may be a little unfair.
Still, they're now my everyday pair :)

Nov 14, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #4,345 of 6,129
Hi guys,

I couldn't resist the fuss and ordered a pair. I have them for a week now and i'm really impressed. For the price they are really really good.
I must be lucky because the stock tips are actually fine and provide a tight seal (I read a lot about the short nozzle and the lack of seal). They stay in place nicely and they're really comfortable.
The bass is also so well done. I prefer the bass on my TRN V90 but slightly, and the comparison may be a little unfair.
Still, they're now my everyday pair :)
I might also be one of the lucky ones, IEM fits perfectly, very comfortable, tight seal, and original tips (2nd kind, I receive 2 different types in the box) are the best sounding out of the 10+ I have tried

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #4,346 of 6,129
I just ordered spiral dots eartips from penon audio. I was wondering if they're a good match for the Blon Bl-03's though. Anyone can share their experience with it ?
They are a good match for the Blons, IMHO. I've used them on most of my IEMs,and the only ones that they weren't good on were the IMR Aten Reds. I'm still not sure why. I wish they were not quite so expensive, I'd buy a lot more, and I'd love to try the Dot++.

Nov 15, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #4,347 of 6,129
They are a good match for the Blons, IMHO. I've used them on most of my IEMs,and the only ones that they weren't good on were the IMR Aten Reds. I'm still not sure why. I wish they were not quite so expensive, I'd buy a lot more, and I'd love to try the Dot++.
Just woke up. The Spiral Dots and the Blon 03 are like peaches and cream to me. Also I use an inexpensive silver Litz cable on one of my Blon 03s which smooths the mid-bass bloat. OK back to sleep.

Nov 15, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #4,348 of 6,129
Last night listening to Blon BL-03 in a moment of pause and silence between one song and another I heard a click on the left earpiece and the sound went completely away.

Music could only be heard from the right earpiece.

After a while the left hand started playing normally too, what could it have been?

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #4,349 of 6,129
Last night listening to Blon BL-03 in a moment of pause and silence between one song and another I heard a click on the left earpiece and the sound went completely away.

Music could only be heard from the right earpiece.

After a while the left hand started playing normally too, what could it have been?

Mmm 2 pin cable connectors just need some alcohol or contact cleaners for a consistent connection. Though others seem to have one side really dying on them sadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back