Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 15, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #4,352 of 6,129
I dont think it was a cable problem this time, reading a little I think it may have been a driver flex, I often hear a little noise when I put the iem in my left ear, even though I am waiting by pulling the lobe and widening it well first.

I read that at @IEMusic the left earphone died ... actually as soon as I got the Blon, the first hours of listening, the music on the left earphone tended to disappear completely. Then I replaced the cable and everything was fine until yesterday's small blackout.

Nov 16, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #4,357 of 6,129
Thank you :)

What would be a good cable for the bl-05s? Maybe the Nicehck litzocc 4n litz? Or the silver still apply? I don't know if it will lift the treble too much.
I dont have the Bl05s, but I do have the BL05 and the pure silver litz does not help the upper mids 'glare' on that IEM. The Blon 05s are a little different, so could be OK, but I doubt if the the Silver Litz will soften any 'glare'. On the Blon 03 the Silver Litz ameliorates the bloat on the mid-bass so pairs well. As a guess maybe copper would suit the Blon 05s, like the amazing value, affordable, Faaeal Copper cable,

Nov 16, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #4,358 of 6,129
Thank you :)

What would be a good cable for the bl-05s? Maybe the Nicehck litzocc 4n litz? Or the silver still apply? I don't know if it will lift the treble too much.
I dont have the Bl05s, but I do have the BL05 and the pure silver litz does not help the upper mids 'glare' on that IEM. The Blon 05s are a little different, so could be OK, but I doubt if the Silver Litz will soften any 'glare'. On the Blon 03 the Silver Litz ameliorates the bloat on the mid-bass so pairs well. As a guess maybe copper would suit the Blon 05s, like the amazing value, affordable, Faaeal Copper cable,
I can confirm the BL-05 Gun Metal Grey shine with 16 core KBEAR Copper cables, and I've tried switching to Silver-Plated and Pure Silver cables many times over the last few months of use (burn-in) but the BL-05 just don't sound good to me on any kind of Silver cable.

I can also confirm that the BL-05's really needed a ton of burn-in because I couldn't stand them in the first 40 hours, but around 60 hours I didn't want to swap for another pair - with the KBEAR 16 core copper cable - still to this day I enjoy them.

So, I can recommend not giving up and to use a 2nd system to burn-in for a week or so before judging them. I really do enjoy the BL-05 on the FiiO M15 and A90, but also tested them out on the smaller Hidizs S9's recently tested (on stock 3.5mm cable) and they really sounded great there too.

I thought about getting the Green BL-05s, but I am so happy with the BL-03, BL-05, and had already enough in the queue - with Bl-03 Purple and BL-01's on the way (Linsoul + "Surprise" packages 11.11) that I had to stop somewhere, so the URBANFUN and BL-05s's will have to wait till next month :)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #4,359 of 6,129
I can confirm the BL-05 Gun Metal Grey shine with 16 core KBEAR Copper cables, and I've tried switching to Silver-Plated and Pure Silver cables many times over the last few months of use (burn-in) and I can also confirm that the BL-05's really needed a ton of burn-in because I couldn't stand them in the first 40 hours, but around 60 hours I didn't want to swap for another pair - with the KBEAR 16 core copper cable - still to this day I enjoy them. So I can recommend not giving up and to use a 2nd system to burn-in for a week or so before judging them. I really do enjoy them on the FiiO M15 and A90, and also on the smaller Hidizs S9's recently tested (on stock 3.5mm cable).

I thought about getting the Green BL-05s, but I am so happy with the BL-03, BL-05, and had already enough in the queue - with Bl-05 Purple and BL-01's on the way (Linsoul + "Surprise" packages 11.11) that I had to stop somewhere, so the URBANFUN and BL-05s will have to wait till next month :)

Word of warning about the Urbanfun, only get it from somewhere with a good returns policy. There's some doubt about which driver type u may get (Beryllium vs noble metal) and there's still MMCX issues reported even in newer sets. The legit beryllium driver ones are real basshead sets in the subbass, excellent bass texturing and transients. Plus as a characteristic of beryllium sets, it takes to EQ very well. I would have recommended it higher but for the crap QC that is still present months after it was hyped to the moon.

Nov 16, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #4,360 of 6,129
I read that at @IEMusic the left earphone died ... actually as soon as I got the Blon, the first hours of listening, the music on the left earphone tended to disappear completely. Then I replaced the cable and everything was fine until yesterday's small blackout.
Once you’ve done the usual changing out of cables, you could try replacing the grill (dust network) on the nozzle, and making sure the vents are not obstructed (don’t just stick a pin in them though, as you may puncture the driver). If none of that works, sorry to say, I have no other advice. What happened to my pair is still uncertain.

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #4,362 of 6,129
Ok, I missed the hype train on Blon BL03. But now here is my updated problem. At what point is too good to be true, TRUE?
BL01 is better than BL03 and BL01 is cheaper than BL03.
And I know what your thinking. https://drop.com/buy/blon-bl-03-iem
But it's still cheaper.
Price is not a good indicator of quality and performance. The Tin T2+ is approx 1/2 the price of the T4, and it has many attributes that are superior to the T4. There are many more possible examples.

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #4,363 of 6,129
Once you’ve done the usual changing out of cables, you could try replacing the grill (dust network) on the nozzle, and making sure the vents are not obstructed (don’t just stick a pin in them though, as you may puncture the driver). If none of that works, sorry to say, I have no other advice. What happened to my pair is still uncertain.
After changing the stock cable I only had one episode as mentioned, a few minutes of silence on the left earphone the other night. It's going perfectly now, meh. I always hear the noise of the flex driver when I put them in my left ear, although I have reduced it a bit by taking a few precautions. Did your second pair of BL-03 never give you any problems?

But was the story that those of different colors sounded differently disproved? Are all models the same?

I fell in love with it now, I had a little too mid-bass but with the normal KZ starline instead of the flip tip I used I got the perfect sound for my ears.

I'm curious to read the first opinions on BL-01.

Nov 16, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #4,364 of 6,129
Just bought on 11/11 on aliexpress my second pair of blon bl 03 (purple) at 15,29€ after some discount and coupons. I love them so much that I felt the need of a second pair just in case.
Bought with a 16 core silver plated cable and the spinfit cp100, my actual pair is the silver one with a 4 core (maybe? It was not specified, it comes with the blon) cable and foam tips.
Hope the spinfit fit me well, first time I try that tips. If not, I bought some more foam tips just in case, love the sound with the foam tips

Nov 16, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4,365 of 6,129
After changing the stock cable I only had one episode as mentioned, a few minutes of silence on the left earphone the other night. It's going perfectly now, meh. I always hear the noise of the flex driver when I put them in my left ear, although I have reduced it a bit by taking a few precautions. Did your second pair of BL-03 never give you any problems?
Glad it works for you now. I wonder if the nylon mesh behind the grill contributes, at least regarding airflow. So far, my second pair have been working fine. I have my doubts that the driver flex was the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back