Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 17, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #4,381 of 6,129
i have cable down but only 3.5mm, i use final audio E tips
i might need to find one with 2.5mm jack

Well before u spend cash on a 2.5 mm straight cable, why don't u try the 3.5 mm one with a cable down position and see if it suits your ear anatomy.

I find Final Audio E tips aren't as "long" as the Spinfits so I still prefer Spinfits to gain some extra grip inside the ear canal by virtue of their nozzle length. But as usual YMMV, eartips are as individual as shoe preferences.

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #4,382 of 6,129
Well before u spend cash on a 2.5 mm straight cable, why don't u try the 3.5 mm one with a cable down position and see if it suits your ear anatomy.

I find Final Audio E tips aren't as "long" as the Spinfits so I still prefer Spinfits to gain some extra grip inside the ear canal by virtue of their nozzle length. But as usual YMMV, eartips are as individual as shoe preferences.
been using it that way all this while, only that i wished to use it on my balanced out r5, feel the 3.5mm performance is " restricted "

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #4,383 of 6,129
been using it that way all this while, only that i wished to use it on my balanced out r5, feel the 3.5mm performance is " restricted "

Yeah agreed the BLON BL-03 scales better with amping/balanced cables. Bass also gets tighter with amping.

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #4,384 of 6,129

Yup. I haven't had enough time to listen with them carefully but overall I like them although in this price range I prefer the sound signature of the KZ EDX. These are pretty easy-listening, non-fatiguing however I still hear sibilance. They are not typical deep V shape sounding and not the fun type of IEMs. They will sound "right" for most tracks as I find the tuning a bit reserved. Stage can be a bit wider too. Also they are kind of mid forward (or I should say bass and treble are behind the mid, a little strange sounding sometimes maybe need some running-in). You may think I am pointing out the negatives but other then these they are a fine pair and very comfortable to wear.
Did you change the default small ear tips to your inner ear size, medium or large? To me, IMHO, sounds better than the BL03. They just blew me away with a much bigger sound stage, better imaging, and also better technicalities. Timbre was just as good, too! I even find the bass texture much better with less, or no bass bleeds to the lower MID's, which is a BIG PLUS at least for me. Comfort are just as good as the LZ A7, when I compared both. ...Sorry for the quick PIC's, I am writing from work.

...Yes, I got both the silver and gun metal a little over a week ago, since I reside and work in China.
-Clear
WeChat Image_20201117161432.jpgWeChat Image_20201117161457.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #4,386 of 6,129
Did you change the default small ear tips to your inner ear size, medium or large? To me, IMHO, sounds better than the BL03. They just blew me away with a much bigger sound stage, better imaging, and also better technicalities. Timbre was just as good, too! I even find the bass texture much better with less, or no bass bleeds to the lower MID's, which is a BIG PLUS at least for me. Comfort are just as good as the LZ A7, when I compared both. ...Sorry for the quick PIC's, I am writing from work.

...Yes, I got both the silver and gun metal a little over a week ago, since I reside and work in China.
-Clear
Yea I have changed the tips. I think it is just my personal preference. I prefer the tuning of the EDX more than this. The Bl01 is still quite decent for me. Stage is not small but smaller than thr EDX. The bass is fast but I prefer the punching and filling sound of the EDX.Mid is better here as it is not as V shape and more pronounced with enough weight. The treble is what I really don't really like here. It is not exciting and can sound thin and a little harsh at times. The imaging isn't that good either due to the bass and treble not being on the same plane as the mid. As I said, sibilance is also present. They are good for the price but I feel there are better and cheaper IEMs out there.

Edit: the treble really is not good enough, not enough detail and sharp soudning sometimes

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #4,387 of 6,129

-Clear

Tuning is similar to 03, but more natural to me, more transparent vocal, sound stage can be huge when listen to live tracks, bass is still strong but less aggressive than 03. Totally agree with you that 01 has better technicalities.

PXL_20201113_140829916.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #4,389 of 6,129
Hmmm, sounds like I made the right move by holding off then. They just don’t sound like the holy grail BL03 upgrade that they were supposed to be. Good thing I love the BL03, and have no problems with them, so I should just be happy with what I have :)
Slater, old friend. Get them, they are a "no brainer"! They're that good! :beerchug:

PS. Comfort is a plus!

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #4,390 of 6,129

-Clear

How do you find the LZ A7 by the way?

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #4,391 of 6,129

-Clear
Can you pic both side by side, ordered the Silver but still thinking of the Gun one too! Thanks for feedback!

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #4,393 of 6,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back