BLON BL-A8 Prometheus IEM Available on Linsoul
Jun 20, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #16 of 43
I am not going to lie, but I am getting tired of all the budget IEMs only being dynamic driver set ups all the time...especially from the same offenders who have nine other makes with DDs in em. Geez, I wouldn't be mad if some would do 2 BA and a dually, bone conduction or some other hybrid set up that's different. Dont care if it sucks...I care more if more of em just tried to push the bar just a little. * Rant has now concluded :wink: *
You are right, but from my experience, not all IEM Manufacturers specialize in all types of drivers. Take BLON for example, they are known for their excellent tuning with single DD dynamic Drivers, TIN HIFI for their great chemistry of sound signature with just single DD and a BA driver. KZ....well they don't stay put, coming out with multiple BA/ Dynamic driver IEMS all the time (and doing pretty good), and so on. But yeah, you are right, we should hope for more experimentation with different types of parameters for IEMs in the future, now that the community as well as market for audio enthusiast products have grown in noticeable size....

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #17 of 43
They sound like a refined 03 , more clarity , more details , bass is a tad less in quantity but to my ears they have a better quality bass and a much much better fit .. ( brief impressions )
4E062668-BDD6-4B63-B367-12DB23E18180.jpeg
4853BFF8-AE25-47BA-9AEB-D3390F47C8F6.jpeg

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 43
They sound like a refined 03 , more clarity , more details , bass is a tad less in quantity but to my ears they have a better quality bass and a much much better fit .. ( brief impressions )
Sounds like an accurate reflection of how they graph(unlike what I've heard elsewhere); leaner bass. Have to test mine out soon as I get home! Cable is good stuff 👍🏼

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #19 of 43
My Prometheus just arrived and seeing the design up close, it is stunningly weird. On first listen, the sound reminds me of Moondrop Aria, but the prometheus has more elevated mid bass. Fit wise, this is miles better than the Blon 03 and 01. The nozzle is quite similar to KZ ZS10 pro. I am using Final Audio eartips (medium) and can get a good seal, tried with KZ starline tips and it works too. The cable is another big upgrade from the 03 and 01. Much better and less tangling. Sadly no more oppoty and driams =(.
20210626_194309.jpg

Jun 27, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #20 of 43
Fit wise, this is miles better than the Blon 03
I think it's essentially/practically just as bad, but in a totally different way/shape. :frowning2: I've pretty much lost all interest in them, after finding out how they fit(me). I can get them in my ears, but that's about all I can say.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #21 of 43
I think it's essentially/practically just as bad, but in a totally different way/shape. :frowning2: I've pretty much lost all interest in them, after finding out how they fit(me).

That's a shame. They did pick a very strange shape and a very aggressive angle of the body in the ear. Fit is fine for me, fortunately.

@cr3ativ3, I agree with your impressions. A tighter, more refined experience overall but still managing to retain good timbre.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #22 of 43
That's a shame. They did pick a very strange shape and a very aggressive angle of the body in the ear. Fit is fine for me, fortunately.

@cr3ativ3, I agree with your impressions. A tighter, more refined experience overall but still managing to retain good timbre.
Exactly . For me my ears the fit is also very very nice , I used them last night for around 5 hours straight , very comfy for me. But I think this is very ear dependent which iem suits best ..

Jun 27, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #23 of 43
I don't know why they have to use this kind of alien looking shell. Does it helps with the acoustic or just pure aesthetic? The sound is good tho.

Jun 27, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #25 of 43
i think its just for the looks and fit
It fit better than their previous models, but not that good compared to its competitors like KZ ZAX, CCA CKX and moondrop Aria (by price not by drivers count).

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #27 of 43
i think that is very ear dependent , the A08 fits me much better than the KZ DQ6 for example
Now that I changed the tips using Final Audio tips, the fit is much much better.
Onto the sound, this is probably the best sounding Blon IEM I've ever tried yet. I have the 03 and 01, I think this A8 is a mixed between these two IEMs.
Also, since this A8 shell is not a solid metal like the 03 and 01, the weight is greatly reduced and make this A8 feels more secure when worn in my ears. The 01 is a pretty heavy IEM and I always had that feeling where the IEM will move out due to its weight and breaking the seal. None of this happen with the A8.

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #28 of 43
I think it's essentially/practically just as bad, but in a totally different way/shape. :frowning2: I've pretty much lost all interest in them, after finding out how they fit(me). I can get them in my ears, but that's about all I can say.
In my case, together with Spiral Dot ML, they sit in my ears like welded.

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #29 of 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back