Bing or Google
Jul 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use gOOgle

bada-bing!

LOL

I just might stick to google. I'm not the best at searching, so I figured some experts here have a better gauge on how the two compared.

I'm sooo turned off by Microsoft's wanting to rule the world and have a monopoly on everything, that I might just use google in spite.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #20 of 56
Google, Microsoft is the Devil
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

I'm sooo turned off by Microsoft's wanting to rule the world and have a monopoly on everything, that I might just use google in spite.

.....what? Take a look at Google's actions in the last decade and Microsoft's actions in the last decade and you tell me who's acting like an abusive world-dominating monopoly.

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #22 of 56
^ I knew someone would call me on this.

It's true Google is doing the same, but I just don't have the negative feelings towards them. It's just great seeing Microsoft suffer and play catch up for a change.

In 10 years, I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about Google when they come out and ask for our very souls because having the universe is just not enough.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.....what? Take a look at Google's actions in the last decade and Microsoft's actions in the last decade and you tell me who's acting like an abusive world-dominating monopoly.

Yeah, Google has been nurturing an evil streak. So has Apple, for that matter.

For me, however, Microsoft has delivered tremendous suffering at the hands of Windows. I've lost countless hours and days of productivity.

Google and Apple have been reliable for me. The only time I struggled with a Mac was during the disappearing folders bug in System 7.0, about 20 years back.

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #24 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, however, Microsoft has delivered tremendous suffering at the hands of Windows. I've lost countless hours and days of productivity.

LOL.
darthsmile.gif
I can recall many times, after working on a Windows problem, saying to myself: "Well, there goes another two hours of my life I'll never get back."

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #25 of 56
google

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should look at the situation, though. Google is much closer to ruling the world and monopoly.

Either way, I use google. Tried Bing, didn't like it.

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #28 of 56
I googled bing and checked it out for the first time. I don't like it, microsoft needs to make it much more minimalistic and utilitarian before I would consider using it, the giant photograph is a no-no. Give me some kick ass ascii art and a search box and I would be binging all over the place. If MS could learn anything from Google it would be to take the amount of image presented on google's search page and either equal that or go less, that's what made google what it is today.. fast and simple.

Though to be honest I'm using Chrome, so I google straight in the address bar anyway.

I also think MS teaming up with Yahoo to make an engine that will compete with google will only hamper their efforts, since winning requires a simplistic, minimalistic and efficient design.. everything that is the antithesis of yahoo.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #29 of 56
Google for 90%, bing for shopping (bing cash-back replaced Microsoft cash-back) and Bing has some wicked cool maps that include birds-eye-view. Google street view is cool but birds-eye is more useful in same cases.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #30 of 56
It will be entertaining to watch Yahoo shoot themselves in the foot, once again, with search. I hope they don't use Bing in Japan, as Yahoo is the only search engine that gives proper results here, where Google is all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back