What do you prefer?

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 56
bing for studdies
google for ...nothing

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 56
"Google it!" sounds better than "Bing it!"
wink.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 56
We've all developed filtering skills in order to cope with Google's advert-prioritized sorting system. Bing boasts that it makes the filtering decisions *for* you. That sounds attractive until one finds that Bing has filtered out an option that would have proven useful.

Indeed, the basic premise that Microsoft wants to filter and prioritize my information for me sets off alarm bells. I can only think of one other gigantic commercial OS-seller that I'd be less comfortable about allowing to inform me of the things I need to know.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #8 of 56
I prefer Google mostly because I use iGoogle as my home page and it comes up with all the news/sports/pictures/comics that I like. If Bing could do something like that I would give it a try though.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #9 of 56
Google - I'm think I'm just very used to it's search idiosyncrasies and when I tried Bing it seemed to give me very odd results. Now, with that being said, I really wish google had a much better advanced boolean search capability - with real wildcards, the ability to include special characters, etc. I kike building complex search criteria myself - I really don't want the engine to "think" for me.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 56
I am just used to Google... I might give Bing a try.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #11 of 56
Google.

I gave Bing a try and it didn't pull as much relevant information as Google, even with Google's ads.

I also greatly appreciate and prefer Google's minimalist homepage.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 56
google is the way to go

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #14 of 56
I have iGoogle as my homepage and use GMail, but I've found that Bing is simply better for searches. Plus Bing maps gives much more accurate driving directions in my experience, I'd need 2 hands to count the number of times that Google's instructed me to turn at the wrong street or even onto one that doesn't exist. If you try to get directions to my house from the other side of Des Moines Google will get you lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back