Bilavideo Cups Pending List
Jun 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #79 of 678

Quote:

Are you sure PayPal has such a policy?  A few years back, I was stiffed and they told me at the time they only protected purchased made through eBay.

Paypal has buyer protection as long as it done the right way..  You have 45 days to file a claim if you purchased and the seller has a certified paypal account.  I know people who have filed claims and got their money back and they were not ebay purchases.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #80 of 678

Quote:
Paypal has buyer protection as long as it done the right way..  You have 45 days to file a claim if you purchased and the seller has a certified paypal account.  I know people who have filed claims and got their money back and they were not ebay purchases.

OK, thanks for clarifying.

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #83 of 678

Quote:
you neat them with a gift and forfeit the guarantee what for a measley 3 percent. If done correctly it works.

well...3% can be a lot at times, also, who doesn't want those couple extra dollars, plus, I imagine many people gifted money to bill because he was in such high regard at the time and misused the trust given to him (that's the biggest shame IMO, he was a rising star and threw it all away taking money from people who were greatly impressed by him) 

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #84 of 678

Quote:
well...3% can be a lot at times, also, who doesn't want those couple extra dollars, plus, I imagine many people gifted money to bill because he was in such high regard at the time and misused the trust given to him (that's the biggest shame IMO, he was a rising star and threw it all away taking money from people who were greatly impressed by him) 

you did not follow the rules paypal did not get ther fee. I do not gift to anyone. I use paypal service so I should pay to use it its a business and if everyone gifted they are out of business. Mastercard and Visa and American Express charge the merchant and he should accept the terms of paypal also or stipulateSUBMIT buyer pays the fees but honestly now you have the situation so instead of paying the 3 percent now you lose 100 percent.

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #85 of 678

Quote:

you did not follow the rules paypal did not get ther fee. I do not gift to anyone. I use paypal service so I should pay to use it its a business and if everyone gifted they are out of business. Mastercard and Visa and American Express charge the merchant and he should accept the terms of paypal also or stipulateSUBMIT buyer pays the fees but honestly now you have the situation so instead of paying the 3 percent now you lose 100 percent.

well, this is a very hard lesson learned. nobody would have imagined a member like bilavideo bailing out and i am almost certain everybody who made the mistake is beating themselves over it, no need to preach any further imho

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #86 of 678
Has anyone considered that something has happened to Bill like he passed away or some major medical problem.  Anything along those lines?  I read his thread and he seemed like a really good guy to just give everyone the shaft. Maybe he had money issues and is just trying to do anything to support the family.  I'm not completely defending him but I just think it's weird that he would do something like this.

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #87 of 678

Quote:
Has anyone considered that something has happened to Bill like he passed away or some major medical problem.  Anything along those lines?  I read his thread and he seemed like a really good guy to just give everyone the shaft. Maybe he had money issues and is just trying to do anything to support the family.  I'm not completely defending him but I just think it's weird that he would do something like this.

someone should pick up the phone then

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #88 of 678

Quote:
well, this is a very hard lesson learned. nobody would have imagined a member like bilavideo bailing out and i am almost certain everybody who made the mistake is beating themselves over it, no need to preach any further imho

I am not preaching. you commented on why you did ot follow the rules so Yes  a lesson learned well and you paid your tuition.

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #89 of 678

Quote:
I am not preaching. you commented on why you did ot follow the rules so Yes  a lesson learned well and you paid your tuition.

thanks, except I didn't order nor pay for anything from bila, my pms were unanswered by him inquiring to purchase modifications. also, I don't speak for any other members so please do not address me as if i am

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #90 of 678

Quote:
thanks, except I didn't order nor pay for anything from bila, my pms were unanswered by him inquiring to purchase modifications. also, I don't speak for any other members so please do not address me as if i am

then why are you commenting on the issue here and on beating paypal. If you lost nothing then what your gripe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back