Bicycle-Fi!
Aug 16, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #3,706 of 4,419

The other week diggin' thru storage...

Well, there's your problem man. The wheels need to be on the ground
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #3,708 of 4,419

beerchug.gif

This afternoon I put air in the tires and rode around the gated one-way parking lot around the facility, 5 casual loops. It was at once pedestrian and exciting!

"Great things have small beginnings" Good to hear.

We have been having 100 degree heat so I have curtailed my riding. Never thought I'd actually be wishing for snow in August
eek.gif

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #3,709 of 4,419
Aug 19, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #3,712 of 4,419

Aus in July. End of a 17km climb. Chilly on the way back down

I am actually jealous. I need to upgrade to disks on everything to stop smearing pads all over the rims.

Actually on a funny note. Forum Member Customcoco sent me this link. For anyone who does not think the bike industry is steered my lunatics, this ought to bring you up to speed. Hilarious and heartbreakingly sad at the same time. Like watching someone try to get a bagel out of a toaster with a metal knife, kind of thing.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/topic/443545-velonews-campagnolo-ceo-we-will-never-make-a-disc-brake/

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #3,713 of 4,419
So am in the market to buy a bike. need to get back into cyclying (did a ton back in India and some during my grad school days here in portland)

THinking about cyclocross and eventually sprint and half iron man triathlons someitme next year. 

Looking at this particular bike. 

Any opinions ?

www.cannondale.com/nam_en/2015/bikes/road/cyclocross/caadx/caadx-sram-rival-disc

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #3,714 of 4,419
  Any opinions ?

www.cannondale.com/nam_en/2015/bikes/road/cyclocross/caadx/caadx-sram-rival-disc

Nice bike, but if you are going to ride on the road only (not dirt) this version will be faster and handle better (lighter and lower BB).
Enjoy!
http://www.cannondale.com/nam_en/2015/bikes/road/endurance-road/synapse/synapse-sram-rival-disc

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #3,715 of 4,419
definitely want to be able to do some offroading. Cyclocross seems like a ton of fun to not try.

I plan to get a second set of wheels for the road, but get you on the lower COG and sharper handling on the road bike. 

Any thoughts on the full hydro braking setup?

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #3,716 of 4,419
  definitely want to be able to do some offroading. Cyclocross seems like a ton of fun to not try.

I plan to get a second set of wheels for the road, but get you on the lower COG and sharper handling on the road bike. 

Any thoughts on the full hydro braking setup?

Riding on dirt is fun...cyclocross hurts.

Two sets of wheels is a good idea. I road the CAADX and the tires are no fun on street.

Hydro brakes work great. I have them on my flat bar. You just need to make sure your hands like the SRAM Hydro road levers as they have that huge lump on the hoods for the reservoir. 

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #3,717 of 4,419
Any other bikes you'd recommend?
I tried the giant Tcx slr2 , felt 65x and focus maeres and specialized crux so far.

I dirt bike and know the learning curve can be literally a pain in the butt

I hadn't thought of the reservoirs will pay more attention to it.

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #3,719 of 4,419

Actually on a funny note. Forum Member Customcoco sent me this link. For anyone who does not think the bike industry is steered my lunatics, this ought to bring you up to speed. Hilarious and heartbreakingly sad at the same time. Like watching someone try to get a bagel out of a toaster with a metal knife, kind of thing.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/topic/443545-velonews-campagnolo-ceo-we-will-never-make-a-disc-brake/

That's hilarious. I guess it makes perfect sense given the rest of the decisions Campy has made over the years.

If only the UCI would ignore Campagnolo and approve disc breaks...as if that could ever happen.

ended up getting the CAADX!

Planning on going racing sept 1st!

Congrats! Excellent choice on the CAAD, I've always loved Cannondale aluminum.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #3,720 of 4,419

That's hilarious. I guess it makes perfect sense given the rest of the decisions Campy has made over the years.

If only the UCI would ignore Campagnolo and approve disc breaks...as if that could ever happen.

Congrats! Excellent choice on the CAAD, I've always loved Cannondale aluminum.

I suspect the UCI will succumb to rider pressure and approve Discs with or without campagnolo. Which will lead to the hilarious sight of Campy equiped Colnagos with Shimano brakes.

Ludicrous really in this day and age to deny riders the advantages of discs on those mountain decents

From the Wiki

At the end of the 1950s, Campagnolo started to manufacture magnesium parts such as wheels for sports cars like Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati, and built chassis for NASA satellites in 1969.[4] In 1963, Campagnolo produced a disc brake for the Innocenti Lambretta TV motorscooter - the first two-wheel production vehicle with such a brake. In the 1970s they also supplied wheels for Ferrari's Formula One cars.[5] 

So back in Pops reign they were actually leading edge. I guess sonny fell a little too far from the tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back