Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Oct 6, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #2,357 of 2,937
Wow I slept on high end iems way to to long, specifically Xelentos! I almost sent them back because I couldn't get a fit, glad I didn't do that. These are amazing, I prefer them to my Hekv2. The insane dynamics make this a incredibly addictive iem. I've. Noticed not even firing up my main bedside rig, just fire up my shanling M6 21 Xelento 4.4. To be able to take this level of SQ every where is insane lol

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #2,359 of 2,937
Oct 10, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #2,360 of 2,937
Between the time I had to stop listening to my Amiron home on my portable rig, I received the Xelento, I went back to the Amiron once I got it back in rotation agian and noticed it didn't sound as good as it use to, the only thing I can think is the Xelento is just that much better for my preferences. Amiron is still excellent but man Xelento is something, even compared to my expensive over ears that are 3x the cost.

Oct 12, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #2,361 of 2,937
Did anyone uses Xelento with Qudelix 5K? I own one, getting a good cable should not be a problem and i spot that Remote version is more frequently on sales etc. I like the idea of saving money on this but i'm worried that i will lose this OEM synergy that Beyer created. Did anyone have a comparison and can give me some advice? Thanks!

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #2,366 of 2,937
Are the stock complys really tx-200's? I bought a set, they look the same ( maybe alittle denser, and may explain the extra bass) but these are alot boomier than the stock complys. I also have simbios that may have to do, can't reproduce the stock complys sound sig.

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #2,367 of 2,937
Can anyone tell me if you can wear this wires straight down style, and if you could do so with the A&K beyer based iems or is it really only fittable over-ear?
No you can't really, the buds are way too loose to stay in your ear any other way other than over the ear. Tried upside-down and reversed ears -neither works. That being said these are easily the most comfortable and low profile IEM I've worn in ten years.

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #2,368 of 2,937
I do own the Xelento and Zfold2 .. I prefer to use a Bluetooth LDAC Qudelix 5g and keep the USB-C port to plug an ultra-compact SD card reader with 1Tb or even a SSD Samsumg T5 2Tb.
With Uapp I can access the BT (LDAC) hires mode 24/96 for Qobuz, the SSD or MicroSD.
With the Qudelix 5G you gain a very good PEQ for Qobuz or Tidal (as the xelento have a bit too much low frequencies and lacks high frequencies).

In short, Xelento +Z Fold 2 5G + Qudelix 5G + microSd or SSD + Samsung wireless Battery => very very good sound quality, more versatility and better android than any dap, and I can do transcontinental flights without charging.
Hey now, as an IE900 user, how would you compare the Xelento in terms of imaging, detail retrieval, and separation? And other impressions on these two would be welcome.

I'm looking to get a decent pair of wireless IEMs. Tried the Amiron which are OK but hoping the Xelento can offer a more nuanced presentation.

Nov 29, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #2,369 of 2,937
Hey now, as an IE900 user, how would you compare the Xelento in terms of imaging, detail retrieval, and separation? And other impressions on these two would be welcome.

I'm looking to get a decent pair of wireless IEMs. Tried the Amiron which are OK but hoping the Xelento can offer a more nuanced presentation.
Xelentos remote are on decent sale on amazon.fr ~500€
I think worth trying by yourself, you can always return them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back