Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Nov 29, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #2,372 of 2,938
I ordered a pair, if I like them, ill get the remote after. I'm a little confused by the remote system, though - does the battery just hang loose? This doesn't yank out the IEMs? Comfortable?
I get one as well. I was not interested in wireless dongle so, as i think Qudelix outperfom it but as far as i red about it, most comments said it is comfortable to use.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,373 of 2,938
Hey now, as an IE900 user, how would you compare the Xelento in terms of imaging, detail retrieval, and separation? And other impressions on these two would be welcome.

I'm looking to get a decent pair of wireless IEMs. Tried the Amiron which are OK but hoping the Xelento can offer a more nuanced presentation.
I recently sold Amiron Wireless. It's has a good, laid-back presentation. Xelento is a step up I think. It has more engaging signature with warmer and bassier sound.

Xelento works well with its wireless dongle. Dongle is very light. It has an optional hook that can be used to attach to a shirt or can be removed to be worn as a pendant undershirt.

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #2,375 of 2,938
How is the Xelento with the Sony Wm1a? Anyone know?
Listening now. Quite good, warm, sound tilted to the bottom end but still reasonable treble (good cymbal decay). Male vocals forward. For comparison - better and more cohesive than the UM 3DT, not as good as the Sony IER-Z1R as presenting a holistic image. Good with rhythms and percussion ie jazz, EDM, classic pop, small scale classical. A little too warm for large scale classical.

TBH, while I'm quite fond of it, it's really the comfort and size that keeps it in my collection - used mainly for long zoom meetings or background music. Critical listening I'll reach for either the Z1R or the 64 Audio Duo.

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #2,376 of 2,938
I get one as well. I was not interested in wireless dongle so, as i think Qudelix outperfom it but as far as i red about it, most comments said it is comfortable to use.
Received mine. Nice feel, but the fit is really bad for me. Either too loose or too big. Sound when fully inserted properly is quite good - clean - but really, the IE900 is considerably better. Thus, they're being returned.

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #2,377 of 2,938
Received mine. Nice feel, but the fit is really bad for me. Either too loose or too big. Sound when fully inserted properly is quite good - clean - but really, the IE900 is considerably better. Thus, they're being returned.
Thank you for feedback. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. IE900 are kinda out of my reach right now. Hope Xelentos will suit me as i don't have anything portable atm. If not, they will go back as well :) Soundwise, how far they are from 900s?

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #2,378 of 2,938
Thank you for feedback. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. IE900 are kinda out of my reach right now. Hope Xelentos will suit me as i don't have anything portable atm. If not, they will go back as well :) Soundwise, how far they are from 900s?
It seemed to me they had a lot of promising attributes but they didn't sound as cohesive as IE900 and they also lacked the impressive sense of heft in the bass that the IE900 has. But you may have more luck with the fit. The IE900 is the only IEM that has really worked for me in terms of fit, comfort, and sound profile.

Dec 4, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #2,379 of 2,938
If Azla hadn't created the Crystal tips I would still be struggling with fit and seal on mine. Closest I got before their release was with Tennmak Superfoams, but they were a fiddle to insert and would still break seal sometimes. Symbio Peels were good as well, as long as I stayed completely still :smirk:
IMG_20211022_090246-01-02-01.jpeg

It does make me wonder whether they were ever intended to sound as bassy as they do with a full seal...the sound with stock tips is practically neutral by comparison.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #2,380 of 2,938
After weeks of waiting my package seems to be lost. I'm waiting for Amazon return and meanwhile all this unpleasant things came up, i started considering if Xelento is actually my best option (I'm using Beyers T1.3 as my main HP). Anyone who tries some of this: AK T8iE mk2, AK T9iE, Xelento - what would be your choice? I would go for IE900 but price is killing it for me, it is nowhere to find at some decent sale.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #2,381 of 2,938
After weeks of waiting my package seems to be lost. I'm waiting for Amazon return and meanwhile all this unpleasant things came up, i started considering if Xelento is actually my best option (I'm using Beyers T1.3 as my main HP). Anyone who tries some of this: AK T8iE mk2, AK T9iE, Xelento - what would be your choice? I would go for IE900 but price is killing it for me, it is nowhere to find at some decent sale.
This is imo the best description of the tuning differences between the Xelento and 5he AkT8ie mk ii. https://www.headfonia.com/review-beyerdynamic-xelento-remote-anthem/2/
The general consensus seems that the T9 was a step back/not as impressive - the fact that there are combined about 250 pages for the T8 and xelento vs 4 for the T9 gives some idea of the impact on head-fi users…

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #2,382 of 2,938
Sorry to hear that. I would have sent you my new ones had I known. Amazon won't just send you another pair?

I would say try to find 2nd hand IE900 on the classified section here.

Dec 14, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #2,383 of 2,938
Something I've noticed since replacing my original stock Tx200 on Xelento, If you want a bigger airier stage, take a tx200 and only put it half way down the stem, should hold since they go on tight) you will hear decreased boominess, w/ a huge airy soundstage, feel right at home when not listening to Sus

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #2,384 of 2,938
Sorry to hear that. I would have sent you my new ones had I known. Amazon won't just send you another pair?

I would say try to find 2nd hand IE900 on the classified section here.
Thank you for that, no worries tho, amazon confirmed that the package get lost so i will get my refund soon. I ordered another set as it showed up on German Amazon at similar price. Looking at those sales maybe Beyer have some plans for Xelento 2?

IE900 from 2nd hand will be tough to find i guess, i look around but there is nothing even outdated.

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #2,385 of 2,938
KakaoTalk_20220129_142401026.jpg

I tried IE900 for 7 months, and I decided to sell it. Because slightly recessed midrange sometimes bothers me.

It is clear that IE900 is more than half a step ahead of Xelento in performance(more correct, more clear, more complete)

However, I think more attractive tone tuning simply reverses performance differences.

I think immersion is the most important thing in choosing IEM.

I think the way many reviewers break down into factors such as imaging, resolution, tone tuning, transient, dynamic, seperation, and layering is ultimately an attempt to measure immersion. (The proportion of tone tuning and imaging is very large for the immersion I think)

For example, a strong sibilant or a very small stage interferes with the sense of immersion in music.

Tia Trio and IE900 have better performance and more accurate tone tuning than Sarda and Xelento.

However, Xelento and Sarda are the IEMs that give me a little more musical pleasure and immersion.

Professional reviewers should explain the cause(of the immersion) by dividing it into factors such as resolution, imaging, and bass quality, compare it with other IEMs, or describe the sounds of multiple instruments.

However, music eventually plays the harmony (synergy) of various instruments,
and IEM also plays music through the harmony(synergy) of various factors(resolutin, tuning, imaging, etc.).

Xelento has a slightly narrower stage than other TOTL IEMs, lacks a little presence and clarity of the vocal, and tone tuning feels far from flat.

However, delicious bass, unique and attractive tone tuning, proper tonal balance that is neither heavy nor light, and beyer's beautiful image presentation maximizes Xelento's immersion.

In conclusion, I like Xelento more than IE900, and if beyer releases a new flagship IEM, I'm willing to buy it without worrying.

Now I'm interested in Dorado 2020, and when I listen to comparison, it's heavier and more bass-oriented than Xelento. (The amount of Xelento's bass and treble is so well balanced that it does not sound heavy or light.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back