Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 4, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #2,043 of 2,944
Jun 3, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #2,047 of 2,944
Also—this is probably old news for most folks, but if you have the Xelento Wireless adapter, do yourself a favor and give the MIY personalized EQ app a try. I initially tested it when I got my Xelentos (before I found the Symbio Peel W to be the best possible tips for my ears) and was wasn’t thrilled with it, as I planned to use my Xelentos wired and connected to a Spectra X anyway.

Yesterday I went back and re-downloaded the app, updated the adapter’s firmware, and gave the personalized EQ another shot. Applying the finished profile at about 60% sounds absolutely wonderful to me; it keeps everything exciting about the Xelento’s gentle v-shape but really adds presence to midrange details and extra smoothness to the treble. I didn’t expect it to have such an enjoyable effect. Suffice to say it’s worth giving it a shot if you haven’t already.

Jun 30, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #2,049 of 2,944
Hello, total newbie here,

I'm looking for new IEMs in the ~£500 range. My two prime candidates currently are the Fiio FH7 (I think they will be too big) and Dunu Dk-3001 Pro. My question is how does the Xelento compare to them two IEMs, as I can get the Xelentos (refurbished) for £530.

I know they are all tuned completely differently, but honestly I don't know what I want (currently I have the Brainwavz B400)

Jun 30, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #2,050 of 2,944
Hello, total newbie here,

I'm looking for new IEMs in the ~£500 range. My two prime candidates currently are the Fiio FH7 (I think they will be too big) and Dunu Dk-3001 Pro. My question is how does the Xelento compare to them two IEMs, as I can get the Xelentos (refurbished) for £530.

I know they are all tuned completely differently, but honestly I don't know what I want (currently I have the Brainwavz B400)

Really difficult to say. In terms of ergonomics, I find the Xelentos excellent and the fit using the stock silicone tips is fine. They are extremely discreet. The cable length is on the short side. I'm a big beyerdynamic fan and have the T51i on ears, the iDX 160 iE in ears and the T1.2 over ears. I also used to have the excellent Amiron Home over ears. With the Xelentos, beyerdynamic has managed to cram its Tesla technology from it's top-of-the-range over ears into a 'piece of jewellery'! They look high end, and they sound high end (to my ears). To put this into context, I have a fairly decent headphones system for bedtime listening. It's a fairly long audio chain and I connect things up using the purest signal paths possible (source --> DAC --> headphone amp --> beyerdynamicT1.2 over ears). Sometimes when I don't want to wear my over ears for listening I just plug my Xelentos into my Cayin N6ii DAP, fire up UAPP (for bit-perfect replay) and enjoy a sound that isn't that far off my 'proper' headphones system.

Sorry I can't help with any comparisons, but I'd be surprised if you were disappointed with the Xelentos - subject to getting a good in-ear fit and being happy with the short(ish) cable.

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #2,051 of 2,944
Sorry, that wasn't the best question. What I'am actually asking is how good are the Xelentos compared to other IEMs at that price (~£500) in terms of technical performance.

I'm struggling to find many recent reviews of them, as they are relatively old, therefore I don't know how they compare to new mid-tier iems.

Really, I'm just trying to justify spending that much money on earphones 😏

Jul 1, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #2,052 of 2,944
Just a heads up for anyone in the UK who wishes to purchase replacement silicone eartips for their Xelento. You can do so from beyerdynamic's UK distributor, POLAR:

https://polar.uk.com

A set of 10 oval eartips costs £8.90 + VAT. Postage is £5.00 + VAT. Lead time is 2-3 weeks. Those aren't bad prices given the cost of the Xelento and you get 5 pairs which should last a while.

Jul 5, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #2,055 of 2,944
I have both and I’d prefer the Luna for my type of music (jazz, classical, rock) but for EDM you’d be better off with xelento as they have much better sub bass.

Thanks for the comparisons. Other than the Luna, do u happen to have any other more recent single DD sets to compare the Xelento against? I'm wondering how the Xelento stacks against some recent DD releases, especially since CHIFI really evolved leaps and bounds the past couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back