Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 27, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #1,966 of 2,944
2 short notes.
Regarding fakes, it's not just the difference between NO. and No., there are other differences in the print on the faceplate as well.
See attached T8iE samples.

Second, I found a new favorite ear tip for the T8iE - the Sony Hybrid tips from the EX800ST and EX1000
Comfortable, good seal and secure fit.
I really like the original tips but they are not easy to get seated securely. The Sony tips solve that.

36641484_1073130349507653_3037026513791746048_o (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #1,967 of 2,944
You can say that with any headphones. If you can get their serial number confirmed with the manufacturer, you are okay.
There have been situations in the past (Monster Turbine Copper Pros, for example) where a bunch of legit serial numbers got copied. Then it was a cat and mouse game of comparing batches of serial numbers to see if yours was on the list. Presumably some folks were unlucky enough that the serial numbers on their authentic headphones ended up getting blacklisted.

I found a new favorite ear tip for the T8iE - the Sony Hybrid tips from the EX800ST and EX1000
Comfortable, good seal and secure fit.
I really like the original tips but they are not easy to get seated securely. The Sony tips solve that.
I also like Sony hybrid tips. BTW, there's now a second-generation SpinFit Cp100 available. (All stock being sold via Amazon are now 2nd generation SpinFits.) They're supposedly more hypoallergenic. I can't vouch for that, but they definitely are a softer silicone and more comfortable. The originals were great too, but I prefer the 2nd gen.

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #1,968 of 2,944
Hello everyone,

i picked up a pair of Xelento Wireless this week. First of all: OMG are they comfortable. It's like day and night compared to my Nobles (and the reason i didn't even try CA).

I'm usually a speakers kind of guy, and i only wear earphons when i'm outside but these i could see wearing more often.

Since the wireless version only comes with a remote cable i was thinking of buying a dedicated audio cable. Anyone here use the ALO Reference 8? Does it fit inside the Xelento carrying case?

Fabian

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #1,969 of 2,944
Hello everyone,

i picked up a pair of Xelento Wireless this week. First of all: OMG are they comfortable. It's like day and night compared to my Nobles (and the reason i didn't even try CA).

I'm usually a speakers kind of guy, and i only wear earphons when i'm outside but these i could see wearing more often.

Since the wireless version only comes with a remote cable i was thinking of buying a dedicated audio cable. Anyone here use the ALO Reference 8? Does it fit inside the Xelento carrying case?

Fabian

Congrats to your new IEMs! Yes, they really are comfortable :)

I have the ALO Pure Silver Litz and I can say that it is a good match with my A&K T8iE MKII and I generally like the cable a lot.
One of the points is purely comfort and handling - the Pure Silver Litz is very supple and comes without a memory wire ear hook, which I prefer a lot over the versions with wire.
And especially since this IEM is so small and light I'd not want to add a heavy or stiff cable.
The second is that, compared to the high quality A&K cable I feel that the pure silver litz is at least equal, maybe with a touch more clarity and contrast, but I could not be sure and I only tested it briefly since I don't intend to use it with the T8iE.

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #1,970 of 2,944
Congrats to your new IEMs! Yes, they really are comfortable :)

I have the ALO Pure Silver Litz and I can say that it is a good match with my A&K T8iE MKII and I generally like the cable a lot.
One of the points is purely comfort and handling - the Pure Silver Litz is very supple and comes without a memory wire ear hook, which I prefer a lot over the versions with wire.
And especially since this IEM is so small and light I'd not want to add a heavy or stiff cable.
The second is that, compared to the high quality A&K cable I feel that the pure silver litz is at least equal, maybe with a touch more clarity and contrast, but I could not be sure and I only tested it briefly since I don't intend to use it with the T8iE.

Thanks, that is very helpful. Especially the stiffness of the cable is an excellent point. I usually don't mind a stiff cable but with these IEMs it probably would bother me.

iirc the T8ie come with the smaller case of the first series wired Xelento. Does your Silver Litz cable fit inside that case?

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #1,971 of 2,944
Thanks, that is very helpful. Especially the stiffness of the cable is an excellent point. I usually don't mind a stiff cable but with these IEMs it probably would bother me.

iirc the T8ie come with the smaller case of the first series wired Xelento. Does your Silver Litz cable fit inside that case?

Yes, it fits easily. The cable is a tad thicker but very soft, so you can easily roll it up to fit.

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #1,972 of 2,944
Yes, it fits easily. The cable is a tad thicker but very soft, so you can easily roll it up to fit.

That's great news, thank you. I will be on the look out for that cable. On first glance i could only find Reference 8 and Gold 16 in germany.

Still love my Xelentos though. It's ironic: I mainly bought them because i wanted something small and easy to drive with my smartphone. Now i like listening to them so much that i'm actually looking at DAPs.

Feb 2, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #1,973 of 2,944
I've got these incoming tomorrow! I've read a lot about them because it's a blind buy. The strange thing is, I've seen these being described somewhat contradictory, like:

-to the analytical/clinical side vs warm/smooth and romantic.
-remarks about a treble peak around 5 to 6kHz vs an iem that's smoothed out in the treble, no harshness at all.
-mids somewhat dipped vs beautiful male and female voices.

So after all this reading I still don't know what I'm going to get. I always loved my Dunu DN1000's but unfortunately the cable is broken internally I think. I liked these more than my custom Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate and Velvet V2's. I guess I'm more of a dynamic driver person then. Can't wait to try them.

Feb 2, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #1,974 of 2,944
after two months
and daily several hours of listening
at the moment Xelento are my hi-end iem
they are unique, very easy to drive, they sound incredibly addictive with a beautiful tone
there is too much to describe
which is amazing and amazing to me
every other one that I had after a few days or weeks did not impress me anymore
(obravo ra-c-cu, obravo eamt2-c, piano forte x-g, se5ult 1580668780240-970749798.jpg ....)
and regardless of my mood they always sound impressive.
What's interesting and fascinating is the synergy with the old Sony nwz x-1061 and
perfect tips Sony ep-tc50l
pure bliss!!!

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,975 of 2,944
I've got these incoming tomorrow! I've read a lot about them because it's a blind buy. The strange thing is, I've seen these being described somewhat contradictory, like:

-to the analytical/clinical side vs warm/smooth and romantic.
-remarks about a treble peak around 5 to 6kHz vs an iem that's smoothed out in the treble, no harshness at all.
-mids somewhat dipped vs beautiful male and female voices.

So after all this reading I still don't know what I'm going to get. I always loved my Dunu DN1000's but unfortunately the cable is broken internally I think. I liked these more than my custom Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate and Velvet V2's. I guess I'm more of a dynamic driver person then. Can't wait to try them.
I was in the same boat as you, reading contradictory descriptions of the sound, that's why I didn't buy blindly.
I also have the Velvet v2 so please share some impressions when you receive them.

Mar 6, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #1,978 of 2,944
I just wanted to say thanks to those that have detailed how to identify counterfeit Xelentos in this thread. I got a pair recently and I was incredibly underwhelmed; just an utter mess of muddy bass, no detail retrieval, smeared treble. Beyerdynamic's site accepted my serial number, so I assumed they must have been legit. They were not, and with photo evidence submitted ("NO" vs. "No"), the return has been accepted.

Mar 6, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #1,980 of 2,944
Hi friends, I know the Xelento is one of the best DD sets out there, though it has been around for a few years. It's been on my wishlist for the longest time, though I am still saving up for it. So is it still competitive compared to recent releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back