Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Aug 10, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,772 of 2,937
Received my Xelento Remote a few days ago. The first impression was actually meh. They surely are more fun than my T90s, especially in terms of bass. But it was a bit too much and I noticed some sibilance in upper midrange which I can't hear in T90s (and they're notorious for their peaks). T90s just sound more open and live (expectedly) but I feel Xelento's detail retrieval is better.
I usually use medium-sized silicone eartips for earphones, but for Xelento, they were too small, so I tried large eartips instead for some days. This time the isolation was superb, but they were not that comfy. I finally decided to use red/gray eartips from my damaged FiiO EX1 2nd Gen and guess what, the sibilance disappeared, the bass quantity decreased and they are now absolutely comfy.
Just noticed one of the eartips is tearing apart. The only eartips I can find in my country are Spinfit CP100s and CP800s. Which one will fit Xelento?
And which one will provide better treble or less bass?

Aug 10, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #1,773 of 2,937
Yes, The Xelento are tip sensitive.
All headphones are tip sensitive in the treble region (especially in regards insertion depth and foam vs. silicone).

The only eartips I can find in my country are Spinfit CP100s and CP800s. Which one will fit Xelento?
And which one will provide better treble or less bass?

Cp100 is the one that fits the Xelento. I prefer the fit of (and sound from) the Cp100 tips. Cp100 pushes a bunch of energy from about 7 kHz up to about 11 kHz. If you get a seal, the bass and mid-range shouldn't change much with the eartip, but the overall signature can be affected by the relative levels of the treble frequencies.

X_eartips.png

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #1,774 of 2,937
Still can't believe it every time I go too visit astell&kern website too view that t9ie and see the price tag. Stunning. 500 more than current xelento pricetag and regularly 5-600 good condition.

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #1,775 of 2,937
Still can't believe it every time I go too visit astell&kern website too view that t9ie and see the price tag. Stunning. 500 more than current xelento pricetag and regularly 5-600 good condition.
Not interested in A&K products personally. And T9iE is designed by A&K themselves, so I don't think Beyerdynamic is going to announce Xelento 2nd Generation.
Maybe I'm wrong. Can anybody ask them to confirm this?

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,776 of 2,937
Anyway, I want to stress something that has been said by others countless times, once again. Do try different eartips for Xelento. They can turn it from a muddy hell into something which you can't stop listening to. And I think the best ones are the stock silicone ones. Just find the size which works for you AND be sure you attach them in the right direction. They are asymmetrical and their beefier sides lie on the housings, covering R and L markings. I didn't notice it the first time so I went for the wrong size and my first impressions were awful.

EDIT: I was wrong: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyerdynamic-xelento.827372/page-119#post-15148468

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #1,777 of 2,937
Anyway, I want to stress something that has been said by others countless times, once again. Do try different eartips for Xelento. They can turn it from a muddy hell into something which you can't stop listening to. And I think the best ones are the stock silicone ones. Just find the size which works for you AND be sure you attach them in the right direction. They are unsymmetrical and their beefier sides lie on the housings, covering R and L markings. I didn't notice it the first time so I went for the wrong size and my first impressions were awful.

Do u mind to show me how the right direction to put stock silicone eartips on Xelento?

Aug 30, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #1,783 of 2,937
Yes!

Aug 30, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #1,784 of 2,937
I you want some mega bass, whack on some Azla Sedna tips. The xelento's hammer with these tips!
So what's the concensus for soft balanced cables for the Xelento's?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,785 of 2,937
Would anyone be interested in a headphone swap for a week or two? I have a couple of headphones and some Iems to choose from.

I'm looking at the Xelento since I've realized any IEM that goes into my ear just hurts (really small ear canal). But my Beyer Beat Byrd are perfect. However, I'm kind of hesitant to make the jump because of the price tag so I'd like to try them out if possible.

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back