Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Sep 16, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,802 of 2,944
Hey! Just ordered Xelento Wireless!
Allways wanted to have TOTL DD IEM! Hope it worth it! :)
At the moment I have CA Solaris/Sony Z5/Fostex TE100 to compare it with, when X will finaly arrive!

Few questions:
1) Read the whole thread, how severe is the problem with driver flex?
2) I bought new sealed Xelento Wireless from Ebay, don't think seller giving any warranty(seller is not authorised for sure), is there a chance Beyerdynamic will help me, if the above problem will acure?
3) Will need balanced cable for Xelento, what are best choices? Copper? Silver? Hybrid?...
Was thinking of getting Dunu Hulk Cable, how bulky cables suit Xelento? (I have Alo Ref8 4.4, and Kimber 4.4 form sony)

Allways have a Great SOUND! :)

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #1,803 of 2,944
Hey guys, looks like I'm back in the Xelento game! Some of you will remember that I had a bad experience with my first set of Xelentos but Beyer took care of it quickly and honorably but I sold the replacements they sent me (and one of the members here was the beneficiary of that exchange) .... Yet I remained completely intrigued by them and believe that my first set were just lemons... so I went deal hunting and repurchased them. I just need to hear them as they are meant to be heard to satisfy this insatiable curiosity about them. They are so sexy and the feedback is so good that my first experience must be the exception. I should have them in about a week! In the meantime I still love my P1s and have Picked up oB Cupids which are stellar! This really is more of a sickness than a hobby or simple interest. Lol.

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #1,804 of 2,944
Yeah absolutely right. I really disliked the Xelento with foam tips. This is probably the most tip-sensitive IEM ever. Also, the fit is either a hit or a miss. If you luck out on both tip (almost always silicone) and fit, it's a fabulous IEM. I had to experiment a lot with it to get past the initial disappointment. Also, you can see so many "how to put tips on properly i.e. due to the oval nozzles" posts.
I've been a dedicated foam guy; preferring them on just about everything, so I put them on everything. While everyone was raving about the IMR R1 Zeniths, I couldn't stand them, so I put the Tennmark Whirlwind silcones that came with the Cupids on them and they came alive ..... So tried the same thing with the Cupids, which I had been using Comply T400s, put the Whirlies on them and they opened right up. So thats 2 where I preferred the Silicon and never thought I would. I remember the same with my first set of Xelentos They sounded very dark with the Complies and sounded much better with the included Oblong silicon tips they came with, but the isolation was less. Thats why I want to give them another shot.... with the driver flex issues gone and good tips, I think they'll be very good. Ahh, I lament.... I also just ordered the IMR RAH (15mm DD + 9mm Ceramic + 10 mm Planar) which will be here the end of November. Incidentally the big buzz about tips on the Cupid owners forum is the new Spiral Dot ++ they're only available from Japan Sellers but apparently are a quantum leap.... I'm thinking about it but $37 for 2 pair of silicone.....

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #1,805 of 2,944
Hey guys, looks like I'm back in the Xelento game! Some of you will remember that I had a bad experience with my first set of Xelentos but Beyer took care of it quickly and honorably but I sold the replacements they sent me (and one of the members here was the beneficiary of that exchange) .... Yet I remained completely intrigued by them and believe that my first set were just lemons... so I went deal hunting and repurchased them. I just need to hear them as they are meant to be heard to satisfy this insatiable curiosity about them. They are so sexy and the feedback is so good that my first experience must be the exception. I should have them in about a week! In the meantime I still love my P1s and have Picked up oB Cupids which are stellar! This really is more of a sickness than a hobby or simple interest. Lol.

I returned mine because of fit issues on my right ear, where they kept coming off and breaking the seal. But after the disenchanting experience I had with the Rai Penta, I was seriously considering buying the Xelento again, even if that meant going on a crazy tip hunt. However, I ended up getting the JVC HA-FW10000 (that come with Spiral Dots ++ by the way), which have been described as being like the love child of Xelento + T8IE. They should be arriving next Friday, I will then be able to see if I made the right choice.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #1,806 of 2,944
Did you try switching up the left and right sides? That's what I have too do and it's a Perfect cumfy fit with the large stock silicones for hours on end.

Sep 21, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #1,807 of 2,944
Hey! Just ordered Xelento Wireless!
Allways wanted to have TOTL DD IEM! Hope it worth it! :)
At the moment I have CA Solaris/Sony Z5/Fostex TE100 to compare it with, when X will finaly arrive!

Few questions:
1) Read the whole thread, how severe is the problem with driver flex?
2) I bought new sealed Xelento Wireless from Ebay, don't think seller giving any warranty(seller is not authorised for sure), is there a chance Beyerdynamic will help me, if the above problem will acure?
3) Will need balanced cable for Xelento, what are best choices? Copper? Silver? Hybrid?...
Was thinking of getting Dunu Hulk Cable, how bulky cables suit Xelento? (I have Alo Ref8 4.4, and Kimber 4.4 form sony)

Allways have a Great SOUND! :)

Be warn of Fakes. Theres a bit of them out there. Good Luck my dude.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #1,808 of 2,944
I went through it with Beyer..... for warranty you need proof of purchase from authorized seller. I had it, and they responded quickly.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #1,810 of 2,944
Any news of a new Xelento coming out or is the xelento a safe purchase right now?
Given that Xelento didn't emerge for a couple years after the AK T8 and that Beyer has now just released the Xelento Wireless as a New unit with he existing buds, i think its a fairly safe bet.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #1,811 of 2,944
Any news of a new Xelento coming out or is the xelento a safe purchase right now?

Some people are calling the Blon 03, the baby Xelento. Given their price, you could always give them a try.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #1,812 of 2,944
Some people are calling the Blon 03, the baby Xelento. Given their price, you could always give them a try.

I was tempted to buy a pair until I saw the 2-pin connector. Since most of my IEMs use MMCX connectors, I don't have any good 2-pin cables - which would likely lead to me spending more on a new cable than I would on the Blon itself :-/. I know that may sound extreme, but cheap cables drive me nuts, though usually due to function & feel rather than any claimed improvements in sound.

Oct 1, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #1,813 of 2,944
So I bought the Xelento about 2 weeks ago now. I have to say I am pretty blown away. As in my previous post I almost solely listen to techno and electronic music, and these headphones are perfect for this and I'm very happy with the decision!

I have a question, if anyone has had a similar issue. I find the most comfortable fit, best seal and most impactful bass is with the large foam tips. After approximately 2 weeks of near daily use (and when Im not using putting away in the supplied case) there is damage to the foam tips (please see picture). There is similar damage on the other tip but not quite as bad. I don't think it is affecting the sound quality and it isn't affecting the comfort. But having paid so much money (brand new from an authorised retailer) I am a bit surprised this has happened already. I have never used foam tips before on IEM's. Is this an expected issue, or is it something I should contact Beyerdynamic about?

Thanks!

20191001_180458.jpg

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #1,814 of 2,944
The foam tips supplied by Beyerdynamic with the Xelento are from the aftermarket Company called Comply. The model is. Comply T500. They are notoriously soft with a short lifespan and wont be covered under warranty. They are there for variety and so you can find the ideal.tip for you. You can either replace them when they fall apart (and they will) or replace them with Dekoni Bulletz Mercury which last much longer. The Dekoni are very good. I also bought about 30 of these. They were cheap, delivered fast. Fit comfortably and are compatable with the comply T400 and wear much longer than actual comply tips: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 173499907178.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #1,815 of 2,944
I am curious how the compare to Sony Z5 and Empire Ears Bravado. Z5 sound amazing but fit and loose mmcx give me pause. Bravado arrive tomorrow for me. If they don't match my expectations, I'll be returning them, and continue the hunt. Anyone compare either of the above with th xelento?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back